Found Deceased UT - Andanndine Jones, 3, walked away from her home, Aneth, San Juan County, 14 Mar 2019

Well, crud. I was hoping that report was wrong. :( I hope there is a big show of volunteers/support for the family search.

Yes, and this is why I'm a little dumbfounded that they've suspended the search already. I understand the water contamination issue, but I just don't think they've looked far enough.
MOO
They have searched pretty far though, by hovercraft, helicopter, dogs, etc

Search continues for child missing in rural San Juan County | Gephardt Daily

"Her first name has been reported by various agencies as Andanndine or Anndine.

Three teams of more than 100 volunteers searched on foot, the Navajo Division of Public Safety said in a Facebook post Saturday.

Boat crews from Grand County, the State of Utah and the Bureau of Land Management searched 24 miles of the river, and volunteers walked along eight miles of riverbed west of Aneth."

How to know how far is enough? I think with a child, especially, you just don't give up. That's just MOO though.

They have searched pretty far though, by hovercraft, helicopter, dogs, etc

Search continues for child missing in rural San Juan County | Gephardt Daily

"Her first name has been reported by various agencies as Andanndine or Anndine.

Three teams of more than 100 volunteers searched on foot, the Navajo Division of Public Safety said in a Facebook post Saturday.

Boat crews from Grand County, the State of Utah and the Bureau of Land Management searched 24 miles of the river, and volunteers walked along eight miles of riverbed west of Aneth."

How to know how far is enough? I think with a child, especially, you just don't give up. That's just MOO though.
That's just it - how do they know they've looked far enough? I'm not going to pretend to know how to calculate river velocity, lol, but they haven't found her, and I don't think they've looked far enough. I have no stream flow calculation to base that on, it's JMO. The thought that her family may be the ones to find her out there today just breaks my heart. :(
MOO

From the Navajo Police Dep f/b I understood it was only the water searches that have been withheld because of the contamination? The foot searches are still continuing I think/hope ?
Just mentioning from the NPD f/b earlier posts I am really surprised Anndinne was described as a "toddler" - but many details seem inaccurate sadly.
Sure there are many committed people looking for this little girl still, blessings.

From the Navajo Police Dep f/b I understood it was only the water searches that have been withheld because of the contamination? The foot searches are still continuing I think/hope ?
Just mentioning from the NPD f/b earlier posts I am really surprised Anndinne was described as a "toddler" - but many details seem inaccurate sadly.
Sure there are many committed people looking for this little girl still, blessings.
Thank you for pointing that out - I think you're absolutely correct. I went and
looked, and whew, I'm so glad to read this, "Water based search efforts will be suspended..." (Emphasis mine) Navajo Police Department

MOO

Yikes! I zoomed in and realized that baby is wearing a leotard/bathing suit, in the SNOW! I guess she was used to the cold?
OT My girlfriends and I used to do that too. Run outside in our two pieces and bare feet in the deep snow just to get a photo taken quickly, then run back inside.

I'm sure she is used to the elements, but I've read an update the changes her "last seen in" from shorts to long pants. Maybe that's the misinformation that was put out there originally, or someone is trying to CYA. (CTA) IMO

Video live now. Andanndine has not been found

Navajo Nation Missing Persons Updates
I’ve tried to listen to all these videos. It is difficult to hear the people in the audience who speak up. If I’m not mistaken, the father is speaking in one expressing his gratitude and another the child’s Aunt is speaking.

What impressed me was LE describing the reason behind the questions they’ve asked the community. For example, asking residents about the shrubbery, riverbed, water levels, etc. So much goes into one of these searches and in my opinion, the general public simply doesn’t realize it.

LE also introduces all the affiliates that have stepped in to help, and gives a brief description of what they do or have done. LE shouldn’t have to justify their reason for suspending a search. If they’ve exhausted all efforts, they need to release the searchers to go provide services for others. The angry blowback online because the search is suspended is so misplaced and based on ignorance.

Sadly, I suspect this little one waded/fell into the water and was swept away.

March 17, 2019, approx 1:00 p.m. Navajo Police Department

Excerpt from PRESS RELEASE:

"...A decision was made to temporarily halt search efforts Saturday night. This halt will allow Public Safety to organize and secure additional resources for subsequent search efforts. Additionally, the Division of Public Safety is assessing what the impact of the Gold King Mine contamination release that occurred on Thursday will have on the search.

Community volunteers will continue organizing search teams. The Navajo Police Department will remain in the community to investigate any leads generated by the volunteers."

Note: Spelling in this press release is "Anndine"

It is actually pretty warm up there now. High 50's... dropping into the mid 40's. I know in MN the minute the weather got like this it was time to break out the summer clothes and roll down all the windows. So, depending on where you are from the clothing may or may not seem strange. Especially, when you are talking about kids.

San Juan County Utah Local Weather Forecasts and Conditions - WeatherForYou.com

Last edited:
March 17, 2019, at 6:35 p.m

Authorities say they are temporarily suspending the search for a 4-year-old girl missing since last week on the Utah portion of the Navajo Nation.

After three unsuccessful days of ground and water searches, authorities said Sunday they were temporarily suspending the search for a 4-year-old girl missing since last week on the Utah portion of the Navajo Nation.

In a statement, the Navajo Police Department said a pause in the search effort will allow authorities to "organize and secure additional resources for subsequent search efforts."

Community volunteers will continue organizing search teams, and police officers will remain in the area to investigate any leads in the case, according to the statement.

Anndine Jones reportedly wandered away Thursday afternoon from her home, located 3 miles north of the Aneth Utah Chapter House.

Police originally listed her age as 3, but Sunday's missing person advisory had it at 4. Police didn't immediately explain the discrepancy.

Initial search efforts focused along the McElmo Creek that feeds into the San Juan River, a tributary of the Colorado River that flows into Lake Powell.

Police said the girl's footprints were found along the creek, which was searched by boat teams, divers and drones.

More than 100 volunteers searched Saturday for Jones on foot along 8 miles (13 kilometers) of the riverbed west of Aneth.

Boat crews from county, state and federal agencies covered 24 miles (39 kilometers) of the San Juan River.

Police said there are no indications that the girl was abducted, so the Navajo Nation Amber Alert system wasn't activated. But she is listed as a missing person with the National Crime Information Center.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...continues-for-missing-3-year-old-girl-in-utah

That looks like a dance outfit to me. She may have had dance class that day and been plenty warm from the exertion. She also could have been playing dress up and noticed the snow and ran outside to be silly.
That is possible. I thought it looked like a bathing suit but you could be right. Looking at the snow covered ground I hope she had shoes. Probably just the Mom in me coming out.

March 17, 2019, approx 1:00 p.m. Navajo Police Department

Excerpt from PRESS RELEASE:

"...A decision was made to temporarily halt search efforts Saturday night. This halt will allow Public Safety to organize and secure additional resources for subsequent search efforts. Additionally, the Division of Public Safety is assessing what the impact of the Gold King Mine contamination release that occurred on Thursday will have on the search.

Community volunteers will continue organizing search teams. The Navajo Police Department will remain in the community to investigate any leads generated by the volunteers."

Note: Spelling in this press release is "Anndine"
Just want to say I appreciate the dates you add on top for news media links. It is so very helpful! Going to try to do the same! KUDOS!

Anndine still has not been found

Updated: 1:29 PM MST March 18, 2019

4-year-old girl who wandered from Navajo Nation home still missing

A Navajo Police Department spokeswoman says everyone is trying to hold out hope Anndine Jones is alive.

The police search for a 4-year-old girl missing since last week on the Utah portion of the Navajo Nation remains on hold but volunteers and family members are still looking.

Navajo Police Department spokeswoman Christina Tsosie said Monday that authorities are determining what resources they need before resuming a search that was temporarily halted Saturday.

Tsosie says Anndine Jones wandered off Thursday afternoon from her home in Aneth, Utah near a creek that connects to the San Juan River, a tributary of the Colorado River that flows into Lake Powell.

The girl's foot tracks were last seen along the creek, Navajo PD said.

Crews searched 24 miles of river.

Police said there are no indications the girl was abducted. Tsosie says everyone is trying to hold out hope Anndine is alive.

She says she doesn't know how many volunteers were searching on Monday.

4-year-old girl who wandered from Navajo Nation home still missing

MAR 19, 2019
Search for missing girl ongoing despite challenges - Searchers are still hopeful that they will find Anndine Jones age four of Aneth. Jones wandered away from her home on Thursday March 14 setting off four days of intensive searching in the area. ...
Searchers are still hopeful that they will find Anndine Jones, age four of Aneth. Jones wandered away from her home on Thursday, March 14, setting off four days of intensive searching in the area.

[...]

The search effort was temporarily suspended on Sunday, March 17, officials explained, so they could “organize and secure additional resources for subsequent search efforts.”

Until then, volunteer and private search efforts continue.

[...]

Officials report they have found no sign of Anndine. In addition to the extensive search in the area, Jones is listed as a missing person in the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back