The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry — the unofficial rebels of the royal family — had big plans to breakaway from Buckingham Palace and its centuries-old traditions, but their proposal for independence was reportedly halted by the Queen.

According to the Sunday Times, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wanted to create a global "Sussex brand" that would allow Meghan to continue her work as an activist through various philanthropic and humanitarian efforts. But their idea was met with a resounding "no" from the family's matriarch, as well as Harry's dad, Prince Charles.

Queen Elizabeth Reportedly Vetoed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Plans for Royal Independence

Was this something that Harry wanted, or was it Meghan's idea? I get the impression that Meghan has a lot of influence over Harry. Perhaps it's because she's older or that she has been married previously, but I sense that Meghan wields a lot of power in their relationship. JMO

I think he loves her and goes along with her ideas. Not all as he has kept hunting.

They may have similar ideas. Why not?

Was this something that Harry wanted, or was it Meghan's idea? I get the impression that Meghan has a lot of influence over Harry. Perhaps it's because she's older or that she has been married previously, but I sense that Meghan wields a lot of power in their relationship. JMO

I agree with this. I think Harry has a hard time telling her no.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry — the unofficial rebels of the royal family — had big plans to breakaway from Buckingham Palace and its centuries-old traditions, but their proposal for independence was reportedly halted by the Queen.

According to the Sunday Times, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wanted to create a global "Sussex brand" that would allow Meghan to continue her work as an activist through various philanthropic and humanitarian efforts. But their idea was met with a resounding "no" from the family's matriarch, as well as Harry's dad, Prince Charles.

Queen Elizabeth Reportedly Vetoed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Plans for Royal Independence

I found this pretty shocking that Harry and Meghan would attempt such a thing. Has anyone in the BRF ever done that before? Neither is capable of such a thing, some of their attempts at diplomatic visits have been a mess. The Queen and William seem to be sensible about all this, but I worry about Charles. If he becomes king, will he allow them to do as they wish? I think he would. Wonder what Camilla thinks of it all?

Yeah, I could definitely see a Kardashian-style mess and probably some shady financial arrangements with a "charity". Haven't Prince Andrew, Fergie and Sophie been called on the carpet for some of those kinds of deals? Is this why Meghan wants more power for Harry, with the stories in the tabs about how William doesn't want to be King, but Harry would be great?

Harry needs to wake up. Surely he's not so naive, right? Parliament can always step in to stop this kind of stuff if needed, right?

I found this pretty shocking that Harry and Meghan would attempt such a thing. Has anyone in the BRF ever done that before? Neither is capable of such a thing, some of their attempts at diplomatic visits have been a mess. The Queen and William seem to be sensible about all this, but I worry about Charles. If he becomes king, will he allow them to do as they wish? I think he would. Wonder what Camilla thinks of it all?

Yeah, I could definitely see a Kardashian-style mess and probably some shady financial arrangements with a "charity". Haven't Prince Andrew, Fergie and Sophie been called on the carpet for some of those kinds of deals? Is this why Meghan wants more power for Harry, with the stories in the tabs about how William doesn't want to be King, but Harry would be great?

Harry needs to wake up. Surely he's not so naive, right? Parliament can always step in to stop this kind of stuff if needed, right?

I imagine a few explained things and they probably agreed.

They will have to figure out another way to raise funds for their projects which is a worthy goal

I imagine a few explained things and they probably agreed.

They will have to figure out another way to raise funds for their projects which is a worthy goal

Does anyone know what these projects are? I didn't see any specific mention of them in the news stories. Is there something special about these projects that prevents them from being included in the usual projects covered by the BRF? They seem to support and raise funds for a wide range of causes. Harry was able to create his own charities through the BRF, the ones that support disabled veterans and the Sentabale charity. Not sure why the other projects the Sussexes support can't also be covered through the BRF efforts. Harry has done good work in the past, but these things require a lot of experience and expertise.

Harry and Meghan would do much better dialing down the modern philanthropy concept. It’s got a little too much fame seeker (we are too special) written all over it. —Branding the Sussex name, commercializing it, is a bad idea, especially if it is Americanized. We do tacky fame really well! Lol!

The RF does a lot of quiet philanthropy. It’s one of the things I admire about the RF. And no reason it can’t continue to flourish.

I think Harry feels strongly about caring on in Diana’s spirit. And he’s done a great job with his charities. He could be the one with ideas and aspirations. And Meghan could be cheering him on. —Adding more ideas.

It wouldn’t be the first time Harry thought about leaving (separating) from the RF, either.

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan would do much better dialing down the modern philanthropy concept. It’s got a little too much fame seeker (we are too special) written all over it. —Branding the Sussex name, commercializing it, is a bad idea, especially if it is Americanized. We do tacky fame really well! Lol!

The RF does a lot of quiet philanthropy. It’s one of the things I admire about the RF. And no reason it can’t continue to flourish.

I think Harry feels strongly about caring on in Diana’s spirit. And he’s done a great job with his charities. He could be the one with ideas and aspirations. And Meghan could be cheering him on. —Adding more ideas.

It wouldn’t be the first time Harry thought about leaving (separating) from the RF, either.

Well, maybe Harry should just make a break from the BRF, then. Could he make it on his own, financially? Could he do ok without all the security, perks, etc? He wouldn't be able to trade on being a royal, but maybe being on his own is something he should try. Go start a business, buy his own home, car, etc. Maybe MM could go back to work after the baby arrives.

Well, maybe Harry should just make a break from the BRF, then. Could he make it on his own, financially? Could he do ok without all the security, perks, etc? He wouldn't be able to trade on being a royal, but maybe being on his own is something he should try. Go start a business, buy his own home, car, etc. Maybe MM could go back to work after the baby arrives.

This made me LOL. What would Harry be if he wasn't a royal? At least MM earned a good living before she married him

This made me LOL. What would Harry be if he wasn't a royal? At least MM earned a good living before she married him

True. MM doesn't have too many more years to play the sexy, younger woman roles before she grows out of that category. Makes you wonder why they even considered breaking away from the Queen, but still expected her and Charles to keep paying the bills. MM moves fast. They haven't even reached their first anniversary and already she has a baby on the way and made her first major power play to take over the BRF or at least split it apart to run her own branch.

Would Harry and MM really want to give up their free luxurious life style??? Moving to Frogmore (sp???) should give them some independence. Does MM realize that if they break away from the RF she may have to reduce the size of her wardrobe and not be able to have 25 maternity coats??

Would the public be interested in them if they are not Royals???

GEORGE
Firstly, with Prince George, Kate’s final public event was the Trooping the Colour on June 15, 2013, before he arrived on the 22nd of July, 2013. Total — 37 days gap.
CHARLOTTE
In 2015, Kate and Wills visited the Stephen Lawrence Trust on March 27, before Princess Charlotte popped out on May 2, giving Kate 36 days off.
LOUIS
Finally, with Prince Louis, Kate appeared at a mental health symposium on March 22, 2018 and then he entered the world on April 23, which is 32 days difference.
Now, thanks to my trusty calc, I can tell you that gives us an average of 35 days between Kate’s final fascinator-required outing and going into labour.

Assuming reports that the Commonwealth Day service was in fact Megs’ last foray as a working royal pre-birth, that means her due date is April 15.
Six photos that confirm Meghan’s due date
Perfect! My birthday is the 17th.

GEORGE
Firstly, with Prince George, Kate’s final public event was the Trooping the Colour on June 15, 2013, before he arrived on the 22nd of July, 2013. Total — 37 days gap.
CHARLOTTE
In 2015, Kate and Wills visited the Stephen Lawrence Trust on March 27, before Princess Charlotte popped out on May 2, giving Kate 36 days off.
LOUIS
Finally, with Prince Louis, Kate appeared at a mental health symposium on March 22, 2018 and then he entered the world on April 23, which is 32 days difference.
Now, thanks to my trusty calc, I can tell you that gives us an average of 35 days between Kate’s final fascinator-required outing and going into labour.

Assuming reports that the Commonwealth Day service was in fact Megs’ last foray as a working royal pre-birth, that means her due date is April 15.
Six photos that confirm Meghan’s due date

April 15 - Income Tax Day in the states :D I think the baby will be born on or before April 15. I left my birth window wide open - March 15 to April 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3