Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

The town is very small and there are numerous accommodations within easy walking distance from the pub so I don't see why they would need a party bus.

I would assume she was at the accommodation with the rest of the hen before they went to the pub, so I would assume she would know how to get back there by herself, if need-be.

The only constant in the part about the bouncer is "Newcastle". He is connected with the information that she is from / was going to Newcastle. If he overheard her telling one of her fellow hens, they would have known about it. If he overheard her telling a guy, maybe she was trying to put him off. I think the bouncer was paying attention to her, specifically. She is a lovely woman and, even in a crowd of 31 other lovely young women would attract male attention.

Last edited:
MOO, but if her hen group was kicked out of the bar at 11:30, she wasn’t with them. Others said they saw her in the club at midnight, long after her group had left. Maybe she didn’t know where the house was that they were staying at? Maybe the party bus left w/o her (if there was one)? Maybe someone there offered her a ride, being that it was late? Let’s hope cctv is being reviewed while we speak and they’ll have answers come morning.

Her friends came back to look for her, so if she was still in the bar at midnight, I would think that they would have found her. No doubt they tried texting her too, but realised that she wasn't answering.

Scrolling through the many photos on the Taffee website, there are two interesting things I notice:

1. I only see one CCTV camera on that half of the block and it is on the second story of the bar (just above the patio) but looking down on the street in front of the bar. It doesn't appear to have any view of the patio. The patio has no CCTV that I can seen, nor does the street that runs alongside the patio toward the corner where the castle / abbey is.

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

2. There is an open upstairs deck to the bar, which must be behind the main building, next to the patio. There is an outdoor stairway I can see that originates from a stone-faced area which is the side of the tall castle / abbey ruins NOT facing the patio. Interesting

The rooftop patio is behind the ramparts to the right of the tower

Last edited:
I wonder how accessible the "castle" part of this establishment is:

Again, ignore the inappropriate image part. Scroll the outdoor view to behind the bar to see the old castle part.

See my post above:

From the street behind the pub front door, you can see 3 doors into the castle, two of which at some point in the Google shots are open and have kegs. It looks like the pub clearly has access to the entire ground floor, but it isn't public access. There is also a small alley which I assume is the rear entrance into the pub building. If they have that access, then they would also have access to the upper floors ( if there are interior stairs or floors).

I can guess a scenario where someone offers to give Ruth a tour of the castle, that someone having bad intentions.

I assume LE has intensely searched all these areas on the pub and castle property, including the upstairs deck.

Edited to add: There is a small white camera above the larger, double-door entrance. It doesnt look like a CCTV. It looks more like a motion-activated light. There is a street lamp up on a pole directly across the road above the back of the castle

Last edited:
See my post above:

From the street behind the pub front door, you can see 3 doors into the castle, all of which at some point in the Google shots are open and 2 of the 3 have kegs. It looks like the pub clearly has access to the entire ground floor, but it isn't public access. There is also a small alley which I assume is the rear entrance into the pub building. If they have that access, then they would also have access to the upper floors ( if there are interior stairs or floors).

I can guess a scenario where someone offers to give Ruth a tour of the castle, that someone having bad intentions.

I assume LE has intensely searched all these areas on the pub and castle property, including the upstairs deck.

I certainly hope they have searched the entire pub--indoors, outdoors, patios, deck, any basement, and the attic in both the pub and the castle!

I certainly hope they have searched the entire pub--indoors, outdoors, patios, deck, any basement, and the attic in both the pub and the castle!

The castle seems creepy and rotten to me. I'm worried that someone who works at the pub has harmed her and hid her there until they could move her to another place.

Last edited:
Fears for Ruth Maguire missing in Louth and Nicola Murray in Antrim - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

RUTH
'She was last seen by friends at around 11.30pm on Saturday.'

'An Irish Coastguard helicopter, the Greenore Coastguard, the Belfast Coastguard and Kilkeel Lifeboat joined in a search when it emerged that she had posted a photograph on social media with Carlingford Lough close by.'

'Last night it emerged Ruth had taken a photograph and posted it to Instagram at around midnight.

However, her phone appeared to be turned off and yesterday her coat was found in the bar she was last in with the group of friends.'

Was she in the photo? Did she post the photo herself or did someone have access to her phone at this stage?

If her coat was still in the bar it would stand to reason that she didn't leave with the group.

Or she did, and realized she'd forgotten her coat and went back for it. But if that happened, surely she would have told one of the group and they'd have told police by now. I can't imagine her going back for her coat and not mentioning it to anyone. I wonder how close she was to the others? If she was maybe a loner within the large group?

Coat left in the bar and water all around :(. It looks like a beautiful part of the world. I grew up in England and looking back at our drinking culture, it’s scary to think of the times someone left on their own and it was just assumed they would be fine.

Hoping for a happy ending but such missing stories are in some ways the saddest. Especially if there were chances for someone/anyone to stop for a minute and ask this young mum if she was “okay”.

Let’s pray she will be back soon

Coat left in the bar and water all around :(.

rsbm

Wait a second. We don't know how much she had to drink, but she was sober enough to post to Instagram around midnight. Then IMO she was also sober enough to remember to take her coat with her if she left the bar.

If she still accidentally ended up in the water, why was her coat still at the bar? What are the chances someone who's not all that drunk, if at all, would and forget their coat, and stagger into the water?

I'm not liking this. They need to search that castle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back