Still Missing CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Turpin family in California comes to mind as those 13 children were off the radar of schooling, the car load of children in California whose foster parents drove the van off a cliff into the ocean were vulnerable as well. SP from eastern Tennessee whose adoptive father assaulted her for years was moved to a farm and home schooled as a way to isolate her. What other consistent presence is there in a child's life other than extended family or school, private or public, that can keep these kids on the radar so they are safe?

However, in all of the above cases, CPS was involved with the family already. They should have picked up on the issues. Even if these kids had been in school, it would still be up to CPS to make the final decisions, once again.

I am a friend of the family. There is much that has not been made public yet. This is very sad indeed. The grandparents are some very loving and caring people. The son in law is a manipulative brash impulsive aggressive man. The sister that has been posting is a wonderful sister to the family, she lives outside of California where this is all going down. I believe the details will come out soon, I am not at liberty to say. Just remember that the police keep much private until the time is right for the protection of the family and others. Please just pray for the family. They truly are awesome people. They never expected for something like this to happen.
Thank you very much for coming here and explaining what you can. I greatly appreciate you taking the time, for sure!
I figured that there was a whole lot more to this story, since the parents are not living together. Yet the mother is arrested, as well. Even though she was the reporting party. There usually is a "whole lot more to the story" on these very sad cases.
Praying for Noah and his family!

This case reminds me of Lucas for some reason. There’s something to be said for grandparents rights. It looks like the family has a FB page. Hoping it can provide answers to some of our questions.
Find Noah

Several of us in Luke's family have been following Noah's case closely. I personally don't see many similarities, but you might be right because I feel like there must be a reason we've been drawn to his case.

It is so frustrating to see DCF fail yet another child.

Several of us in Luke's family have been following Noah's case closely. I personally don't see many similarities, but you might be right because I feel like there must be a reason we've been drawn to his case.

It is so frustrating to see DCF fail yet another child.
I think one of the similarities is that both young boys were born with problems.
I suspect another similarity is drug use by one or both parents.
And alas, I think violence was in the home between the parents and also taken out on one or more of the children.

I think one of the similarities is that both young boys were born with problems.
I suspect another similarity is drug use by one or both parents.
And alas, I think violence was in the home between the parents and also taken out on one or more of the children.
Oh! And failure to protect by the other parent.
Now, we have a missing child, probably deceased at the hands of a parent and the other parent (neglectful one, imo) acts like they know nothing of previous abuse.
I see similarities with the Lucas Hernandez case.

When I read about Noah, I immediately thought of little Lucas too :( These poor babies. I just don't understand how the system failed these children once again. They had a loving home for EIGHT YEARS!!! How, how did they get released to go back to these "parents", arghhhhh!!!

Grandfather of missing Corona 8-year-old believes Noah is dead – Press Enterprise

"Godfrey, who is Jillian Godfrey’s father, said the parents are not married. He said he and his wife raised Noah and his 11-year-old sister for eight years."

When I read about Noah, I immediately thought of little Lucas too :( These poor babies. I just don't understand how the system failed these children once again. They had a loving home for EIGHT YEARS!!! How, how did they get released to go back to these "parents", arghhhhh!!!

Grandfather of missing Corona 8-year-old believes Noah is dead – Press Enterprise

"Godfrey, who is Jillian Godfrey’s father, said the parents are not married. He said he and his wife raised Noah and his 11-year-old sister for eight years."
Parents have the most rights, even over grandparents who have raised their children. Unless of course, there are documented alcohol, drug and/or criminal issues, or mental issues.
It sounds to me that the grandparents were raising the children in their home in Anaheim and the mother was living there too, until recently, when the father talked her into going to Corona with their children. Where was the father prior to this move? Was he active in the children's lives? Had he and their mother been involved all those years the children were living at the grandparents home?

Wasn't the mom living in her car at the same place the dad was renting an apt? What the heck was going on with that?

I wasn’t sure if she was living in her car since dad started ignoring calls or if she was living their permanently. I guessed they meant the former because many articles had clarified that they resided separately.

Alternatively, I guess if I knew my violent ex had custody I might be tempted to move right outside the apartment too, even if it meant living in my car. It’s a shame if the system failed Noah that much.

I’m still holding onto some sliver of hope that some kind soul stashed him somewhere safe. In the event that’s not the case I sure hope we have some sort of change in the laws in Noah’s name to afford some sort of grandparents rights consideration in cases such as his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa