IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

I have been thinking about Kierra often lately, just haven't made it here to her thread.

I am so glad for the media attention on Dateline. It's also good to hear LE has '2-3' persons of interest.

Many of you guys know I'm obsessed with No Body Murder trials, convictions.... it's good to see Tad Dibiase has updated his site to mention he has consulted with law enforcement for free.
Between Chicago PD and the Postal Inspection Service, hopefully one, if not both, will seek out Mr. DiBiase's expertise on prosecuting no body cases.

With that 25,000 dollar reward, anyone who might be concerned with being charged as an accessory might want to consult an attorney and come forward. Especially now that LE has confirmed 2 0r 3 POI's.

No Body Cases

seems all depts are busy these days - more beat cops, fewer investigators IMO. But they can't just put Kierra's case file away and forget about it. It gets discouraging having to wait and assuming cases are being worked but time and time again we see movement on much older cases here. Until she is found, we have to have hope.
I live in Chicago - 542 murders as of Christmas last year. I hope they have closure for Kierra soon.

Authorities – who Kierra’s father is confident will get answers in his daughter’s case – told Dateline they, too, suspect foul play in the young woman’s disappearance.

“We have a pretty good idea of what transpired. Now it’s a matter of finding evidence,” Chief Guglielmi told Dateline. “We are out of the opinion business. We base everything we do on fact and evidence. A detective’s personal opinion, quite frankly, doesn’t matter.”

Chief Guglielmi said police know there is “a minimum of two or three people of interest” who were the last to see Kierra before she disappeared.

“We’ve narrowed down our group here to a personal associate of hers -- a friend -- who was one of the last people to see her,” he told Dateline. Chief Guglielmi declined to comment on that person’s name, how Kierra knows them, or the other associated people of interest. “We haven’t found her yet, and that puts us in a difficult position.”

Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles
WOW!
I'm so glad I checked on Kierra's thread this morning. Great news for her and her family. It's been pure hell on earth for them during this time I'm sure.

Hoping for swift justice and resolution to this case. Peace to KC and baby Cole and all her family/loved ones!

Kiera is in NamUs
(“NamUs Case Created: March 18, 2019”)!
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I don’t see any new information, but under “Circumstances of Disappearance,” it does say, “She was last seen on surveillance video leaving her apartment at 81st Street and Vernon Avenue on Chicago's South Side.”

So despite what the public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service told Oxygen.com (“However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles. ‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.”), maybe the Chicago Police Department - Area South, the NamUs “Case Owner,” believes that really was Kierra. I’m really not sure.
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

US Postal Inspection Service is listed under “
Investigating Agencies” as well, but not as the “Case Owner.”

I'm being excessively picky here, but it doesn't actually say that was the video she was seen on. Entirely possible that's not her in the video that we know about, but they found other video that they've kept private.

Whatever it is, I hope they can find her soon. Maybe when she has the baby, somebody will notice and put her in touch with her family...

Kiera is in NamUs

I don’t see any new information, but under “Circumstances of Disappearance,” it does say, “She was last seen on surveillance video leaving her apartment at 81st Street and Vernon Avenue on Chicago's South Side.”

So despite what the public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service told Oxygen.com (“However, Julie Kenney, a public information representative at the United States Postal Inspection Service, which is investigating the case alongside the Chicago Police Department, told Oxygen.com the postal service doesn't believe the woman was Coles. ‘There's other postal employees that live on that block, so the postal inspection service does not believe that is Kierra Coles on that video,’ she said.”), maybe the Chicago Police Department - Area South, the NamUs “Case Owner,” believes that really was Kierra. I’m really not sure.
Mysterious Disappearance Of Pregnant Postal Worker Lingers, With Few Clues For Family And Investigators

The USPS is probably not wrong. Or maybe I don’t want them to be wrong. Hmmm. IMO JMHO. Justice.

Kiera is in NamUs

Interesting!! After reading that she had called in sick to work that morning, I never believed it was her they saw on camera! My thought is someone dressed as her to throw things off; Never thought about it being another worker nearby! I so hope they find her :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back