CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has slowed down to a crawl, and on top of that there is no live streaming, and the audio sucks a lot of the time.

It's hard to keep interest in this case with so many various habitual problems.

It's become like watching paint dry.

Sigh.

Cathy Russen posted a schedule. I think that this week court days are this afternoon, tomorrow and Wed. And that is it. I'm bugging a few reporters that I message with from time to time. Maybe we can get someone in there to at least take pics.
That's right, she did too!!! Thanks for the reminder! :D

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson Mar 13
#McStay - Upcoming trial schedule: March 18 - adjourn early, March 27th - afternoon session only. NO COURT: March 21, 25, 26, 28th, April 1, 2. April 3 - Morning session only. Jurors informed they should have the case by end of April.

I'd really like to hear from @Force Ten on all this
Mike could not possibly seen anyone get into the vehicle. There were two cameras and both out of sight of the driveway. Imo Mike took what Chase told him regarding the "restaurant sounds" and what LE told him about the video and made his own assumptions. Upon getting the news of the video he made a knee jerk reaction and made his post. We all know Mike has made some pretty dumb statements. He just seems like a guy who continued to insert his foot in his mouth.

I don't recall if I said this but I provided all this info to Smith. Not sure what they'll do with it, if anything. The Pros has rested and I don't believe they can or will recall him. Maybe the defense will recall him. It's a missed opportunity but honestly, his memory sucked imo and maybe wouldn't recall. However people have brought back things I've said that I've forgot that I should have remembered.

That's right, she did too!!! Thanks for the reminder! :D

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson Mar 13
#McStay - Upcoming trial schedule: March 18 - adjourn early, March 27th - afternoon session only. NO COURT: March 21, 25, 26, 28th, April 1, 2. April 3 - Morning session only. Jurors informed they should have the case by end of April.
So they have court for a whole half a day next week????? I don't know how they get away with doing a trial like this?

'No clue' how McStays' were killed, Merritt told CNN - CNN
A few questions answered:

"In his interview with CNN's Randi Kaye, Merritt said he and McStay were business associates who became friends. Merritt made custom indoor waterfalls and McStay would buy them, he said. They met in 2007 when McStay needed some help with a water feature."

"There was another call from McStay's phone to Merritt the night of February 4, 2010. It came about 40 minutes after a neighbor's security camera captured the family's Isuzu pulling out of their cul-de-sac. Merritt didn't answer.
Merritt told Kaye in January he was watching television with his then-girlfriend and he picked up the phone, looked at it and set it back down. He was tired. He called back the next day, he said."

"There are hundreds of scenarios. I have gone over all of them in my head," he said. "Of course, I regret not picking up the phone."

'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online

‘It has been reported that I spoke to him in the evening, but that isn’t true. He did call me at 8.28pm, but I was watching a movie with my girlfriend, looked at the phone and decided not to answer.

When listening to the testimony of CJ and TJ it was brought up that they did not have internet or TV in their apartment. The would go to the clubhouse to use the office facilities and there was also a cinema room where they would watch movies. CJ said sometimes CM would leave his cellphone in the apartment while they were watching movies. I believe they mentioned that sometimes only one of them would go there with the kids to watch a movie and the other would stay in the apartment. I suppose it's possible that CM turned on his phone when the movie was over and noticed calls.
But they had two little ones. Would Chase be at the clubhouse, with the phone off and leave the kids to fend for themselves. Didn't Chase ask her if she was at work that night?

This story keeps evolving and growing.

So they have court for a whole half a day next week????? I don't know how they get away with doing a trial like this?

Neither do I Missy. I don't understand any of it.

I know CA trials are often long, and unnecessarily laborious, but I have never, ever seen a CA trial remotely like this one.

Its become bizarre to me. No one hardly works a full day ever, and there has been more dark days than days of testimony.

If they had continuous weeks of testimony, the guilt phase would have been over weeks ago. Imo

'No clue' how McStays' were killed, Merritt told CNN - CNN
A few questions answered:

"In his interview with CNN's Randi Kaye, Merritt said he and McStay were business associates who became friends. Merritt made custom indoor waterfalls and McStay would buy them, he said. They met in 2007 when McStay needed some help with a water feature."

"There was another call from McStay's phone to Merritt the night of February 4, 2010. It came about 40 minutes after a neighbor's security camera captured the family's Isuzu pulling out of their cul-de-sac. Merritt didn't answer.
Merritt told Kaye in January he was watching television with his then-girlfriend and he picked up the phone, looked at it and set it back down. He was tired. He called back the next day, he said."

"There are hundreds of scenarios. I have gone over all of them in my head," he said. "Of course, I regret not picking up the phone."

'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online

‘It has been reported that I spoke to him in the evening, but that isn’t true. He did call me at 8.28pm, but I was watching a movie with my girlfriend, looked at the phone and decided not to answer.

I also recall him saying in one of the specials. ‘I don’t personally remember that call’...Chase can’t seem to keep his story straight.

What happened to the defense saying it would take 3 or 4 weeks to put on their case?
This is the updated schedule

Defense wk 2: Mar 18th to 22nd : 2.5 days
Defense wk 3: Mar 25th to 29th : 0.5 day
Defense wk 4: Apr 1st to 5th: 1.5 days
Defense wk 5: Apr 8th to 12th : 4 days
Defense wk 6: Apr 15th to 19th : 4 days
Defense wk 7: Apr 22nd to 26th : 4 days
total predicted defense days (including 2 days last week) = 18.5 days

Closing speeches? : Apr 29th & Apr 30th

Can someone tell me please--In regards to the two adults and two children caught on the surveillance video near the border on the 8th February 2010--did anyone come forward at all, to say it was them so cannot have been the McStay Family?

No one came forward. Could have been Mexican nationals that did not realize their photo was taken. Not sure how much coverage this case received in TJ/Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123