Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

Ugh... so that was the Instagram post. I'm starting to wonder now if it might have been self harm after all. She could have meant it as a clue, or captioned it in a certain manner... :( Poor lady. I hope she'll rest in peace. Condolences to her husband, kids, family and friends. Especially the ones who were at the party, they must be going through hell right now.

Good thinking. That article also implies the whole group was looking for her, so I'm not sure what to think.

Sad outcome to search.

This morning saw our first official tasking by HM Coastguard.

We were paged at 0753 to assist with the ongoing search for Ruth Maguire in the Carlingford Lough area.

We assisted Kilkeel coastguard Rescue Team and Newcastle Coastguard Rescue Team along with Rescue 116, before being requested by An Garda Síochána to assist in the south. Whilst this search was being conducted we learned that Ruth had been recovered by RNLI lifeboats.

Our thoughts are with Ruth’s family and friends.

20A52815-CF47-4FC2-8F56-74E3058C3307.jpeg F9060CAF-5949-441A-A610-D81CDDDDCABD.jpeg BAFDB121-11E2-4B44-898F-A750AC7F923B.jpeg

Search Dog Max

Can anyone map the route from the bar to the place she was found?

We don't know her route, but here is a map with the bar and area she was found. This is what was said about where she was found

However, the sub-aqua search resumed on Monday morning and the body of a female was recovered by Garda Water Unit divers between Carlingford and Greenore this afternoon.

Google Maps

Somebody mentioned in this thread they found only one place that could sleep a group that large, but now I can't find the post. If that person see thiss post, can you post a link to where you think they might have been staying?

Oh wow, I have only just managed to re-check this thread.... I wasn't imagining her to be found so quick, I'm shocked :( The only 'good' thing about it is at least her family know now and won't have the endless suffering of wondering where she is.

The bride must be feeling awful.

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened. I feel so bad for her family :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad, I just had a look at this, what a stunning girl and her daughter is so like her. The kids look to be about 4, 7 and 11ish, so hard for them to lose their mummy so young.

It is just so devastating for those kids and her husband, who now has to raise their children without her.

At least all of her kids are old enough that they will have memories of their mommy. That's some small comfort, at least.

Last edited:
Somebody mentioned in this thread they found only one place that could sleep a group that large, but now I can't find the post. If that person see thiss post, can you post a link to where you think they might have been staying?

I was wondering when it’s been said the accommodation was five minutes away ...was it perhaps five minutes by vehicle rather than walking distance ? Maybe they were all dropped off by a mini bus or the like. Five mins away in a vehicle could be 20 - 30 walking . That shore road on google maps looks as if there isn’t much of a sea wall in parts.

I was wondering when it’s been said the accommodation was five minutes away ...was it perhaps five minutes by vehicle rather than walking distance ? Maybe they were all dropped off by a mini bus or the like. Five mins away in a vehicle could be 20 - 30 walking . That shore road on google maps looks as if there isn’t much of a sea wall in parts.

It seems that the sea wall is tall enough to prevent someone from accidently walking/driving into the water, but not tall enough to stop anyone determined to get in the water.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back