GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Because her final thoughts would not be about their beautiful children,and fear of would happen to them.
He's still using the bible,and GOD speaking with a forked tongue.
I wonder why the investigators didn't touch on the basement issue more.
In the interview he did at the beginning. ( He had no inclination inclination blah blah blah)He mentioned there were no cameras showing the back of the house.
Insinuating that like,like,like a random stranger could have come in, but I don't believe that for one second.
I think someone else was there, not a random stranger.
MOO
I wish we knew more about the basement situation, too. I still wonder why the dogs hit on the two spot s in the basement.
I wonder if Bella ran down there to hide?

It takes genuinely a rotten nasty person to willingly go to married man's house and invade his wife's place of love and safety. Someone with conscience would never be able to do this. I think she may be enjoying doing stuff like this..for the thrill of it..I wonder she only dates married men..
Yes, according to her friend who was interviewed I think she had been involved with married men in the past. She mentioned something about how she seemed to always pick the wrong person.
I think some women get involved with married men because they have self esteem issues, and some because they see it as "safe." They don't have to worry about it becoming serious, and they are free to see other men.
Has there been any word about NK in the news lately? Last I heard she had gotten another job and has avoided any attention from the media. But that was before the latest confession. It appears that she has successfully managed to stay out of the limelight. Imo

I've seen some speculation that perhaps it was to leave room for NK to park her car in the garage and be undetected from SW checking the footage. Like maybe CW would shut the cameras off for 5 minutes so NK could park and then turn surveillance back on.

ETA: sounds like a lot of (demeaning) work to hide their affair but NK was the one who knew about the Calculator app and was willing to use it with him to hide their sexts from SW. She was also savvy enough to know how to wipe her phone. After typing it out, it gives me an unsettling feeling that she is so good at hiding things and being deceitful.
Didn't he contradict her by saying that she definitely DID have a burner phone? IIRC

I think some women get involved with married men because they have self esteem issues, and some because they see it as "safe." They don't have to worry about it becoming serious, and they are free to see other men.

I think this too. She didn't want to share him and wanted him in his own apartment. Why didn't she suggest moving in together? Surely if you encourage the breakup of a family, you are confident enough in committing to the person...right? Perhaps she knew inside that she didn't want to be a stepmom. She wanted Chris, but not in a package deal.

I think she was beginning to realize this and yet her jealousy still demanded he divorce his wife despite a lack of willingness to commit on her end. She said she wanted him to focus on himself once he moved out into his own apartment. Sounds like she was getting ready to distance herself from him. Why? Unless she was lying about that too.

It takes genuinely a rotten nasty person to willingly go to married man's house and invade his wife's place of love and safety. Someone with conscience would never be able to do this. I think she may be enjoying doing stuff like this..for the thrill of it..I wonder she only dates married men..

AGREE. My ex husbands mistress and now wife lives in the house we built together.

I feel sad but glad I’m not the one to have to put up with him!

When he threw our marriage away for her, he also lost our family unit. (2 sons, now grown).

I hope it haunts both of them. IMO

Is NK still in the rumored witness protection program?

Honestly, NK would have to cut and dye her hair, legally change her name, and move to another state (or country) in order to have a chance at a normal life. Even if she did all of that, a background check would reveal she was NK.

People and employers who google her name will always be disturbed that she was the mistress that CW killed his entire family for.

AFAIK people like NK are not eligible for the WPP.

The WPP is reserved for people (and their spouses, children) who testify against major organized crime/narcotics/mafia.

I understand why they did friendly banter etc, I just don't like what his take away would have been at the end of that. Clearly he models other people's behaviors and he looks to others for approval - and I think he likely thinks he got that from them/the Rs through that interaction. It doesn't really matter in the long run at all - the information he provided by them playing friendly is useful. It just gives me the skeeves. He should be shunned, living in a hole and suffering from here on out.

BBM:

I don't think CW is going to have an easy time in Dodge Correctional Facility.

It has some pretty rough, evil criminals there and CW will forever be looking over his shoulder in case someone tries to assault him or earn a reputation by killing him.

He's pretty high profile and even hardened criminals won't tolerate lightly what he did to those little girls especially after his last sickening interview.

I think CW is going to have a whole lot of loneliness, stress and suffering, even if he pretends to have "found the Lord".

Edited to add: Charles Manson was set on fire by an inmate and after that he was placed in solitary confinement for his own safety. We know that Watts doesn't like being alone, so if he is placed in solitary for his own safety it will be its own form of punishment. :D

moo

Last edited:
I read they both had burned phones. Can't remember where
From what I recall, CW had his personal phone that SW often used to do his social media posts, and then his work cell phone. I don't recall that NK had a burner phone. (At first I thought I remembered reading about burner phones too, but now I think I was confusing it with the Kelsey Berreth case. Everyone seemed to have a burner phone in that one.)

I don't think he would have needed to use the secret calculator app to store pictures if he had a burner phone?

If she was curious about the expiration dates on the condoms, then I think for sure she looked up everything she could on SW and CW on Facebook and instagram and knew everything about them. I think she knew SW was pregnant. She said she didn't have social media but all she would need is her cellphone to find out

Guys, this is a little bit of a leap here. From condom manufacturing date to social media maven?
If she was trying to prevent a pregnancy it surely makes sense to check the age of a condom.
Or the wedding dress search - you guys know her BFF is / was getting married right?

Everyone here is so certain that CW just lies lies lies - yet the assumption is that he told NK the truth? He was likely spinning BS tales to her too about the state of his marriage (as in it was unsalvageble and probably other horrific lies about SW)

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this is a little bit of a leap here. From condom manufacturing date to social media maven?
If she was trying to prevent a pregnancy it surely makes sense to check the age of a condom.
Or the wedding dress search - you guys know her BFF is / was getting married right?

Everyone here is so certain that CW just lies lies lies - yet the assumption is that he told NK the truth? He was likely spinning BS tales to her too about the state of his marriage (as in it was unsalvageble and probably other horrific lies about SW)

<modsnip>
There are some huge lies she told............why? A lot of posters who closely follow the case think the DA gave her a big break, even though she was less than forthcoming, because of the probability she would testify against him in the trial and just certain parts of her story would be needed. Her testimony, had there been a trial, would have been examined far more closely than happens on crime boards.
<modsnip> CW did a heck of a lot of damage, made a heck of a lot of decisions in a very very short period of time, too short for some of his versions.

Why did a man annihilate his entire family, including tiny children, within just a couple of hours after conversations with his lover that lasted 111 minutes?

<modsnip>

CW is a lying liar who lies. Absolutely no doubt he lied to NK, too.

Also, NK is a lying liar who lies. Absolutely no doubt she lied to CW, too.

No misogyny here .

I wish we knew more about the basement situation, too. I still wonder why the dogs hit on the two spot s in the basement.
I wonder if Bella ran down there to hide?
How about this scenario.
(I don't believe CW was in the master bedroom when shanann returned from her trip and she began to caress him. No way that happened, imo.)

I think CW stayed in the basement since they came back from NC. So early Monday morning, Shanann arrived home, went into the office, saw the $60 something restaurant receipt, went down to the basement to confront him, got into an emotional argument. (dogs sensed some distress there later)

After the argument, Shanann came back up, cried herself to sleep...

Last edited:
Could not disagree more.

CW is why this happened.
Yes, of course. It could have been any woman he became obsessed with. She was just the first to come along and was right there in front of him every day. It just happened to be that woman.
It was the inside of CW's dysfunctional mind that allowed this to happen.
Lots of married men become obsessed with other women. They usually don't kill their family when they no longer serve a purpose.
Blaming the other woman just provides CW with another excuse. Imo

I am so frustrated at how the conversation here is so focused on NK - she may have acted dispicably but CW committed the murders! This feels like misogyny.
Cops said they don’t think she was involved. Can’t we move on?
Misogyny right. To call her out for her lying,sneaky, underhanded manipulations. Wiping her text messages clean. Acting all put out when investigators wanted her to hand her phone over. ( HELLO quadruple murder here) She cared more about getting her data put on her new phone than she does Shannan,Bella,Celeste,and Nicko.
Lying to investigators about knowing anything about Shannan, or her being pregnant. "Almost feeling bad about Screwing a married man in His,and Shannan's home.
Chris isn't the only manipulative,conniving liar, NK is not some innocent who had no idea what she was doing.
She honed in on Chris and pushed him to be with her.

Could not disagree more.

CW is why this happened.

I don't agree that NK is why this happened, either. I firmly believe that if it hadn't been NK, it would have been another woman eventually. At the end of the day, CW is still the one who killed his family. He is still the one who threw their bodies out like trash.He is still the one who lied to LE and to his own family about what happened. NK isn't innocent in all this, but I do have a problem with saying that she is the reason it happened. A catalyst, maybe. I am also getting irritated with posters thinking that just because some of us don't agree that she's the sole reason everything went down, that we're somehow fans of hers and are defending her. You can still have problems with NK, still see that she has accountability in all of this, and yet still think that CW is ultimately the one responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member