AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
War Eagle and Iove your username. I've reached out to my friends but I was at a tennis tournament all weekend and haven't spoken with them yet.

Based on what they said this is not who they were referencing. I'm just having a hard time buying the fact that this guy excuted two girls then lead a normal life. Every picture I've seen of this guy except one he looks extremely happy.

I've tried to think of how his DNA could've gotten on JB and can't come up with one. Everything we've been told has always made it seem the DNA was located in spots that would indicate consensual sex.

@shinedrabbit i would lovs your insight.

TJtennispro

The quote below that you posted 3/6/19 has been weighing on me ever since I first read it a few weeks ago. Perhaps it was because in the back of my mind, I wondered all along if it was someone close, someone we all knew. Many of us have had that same thought, and I spent yesterday hoping that when the name was released, that it wouldn’t be someone we knew, or someone we grew up with, or someone who an upperclassman could have led authorities to years ago...
I have always been open-minded to the various theories we have heard since 1999. And like for so many others, the news of this arrest has led to more rumors and doubts. So, my question for you is: after hearing of this arrest, do you still believe what you were told by the 2 Auburn friends? The 2 Auburn girls you mention would have been in the grade or two above me, as I was in J.B. and Tracie’s class (2000) at Northview, and then I was a year behind you at Auburn. (Class of 2004). Also a tennis player myself in those years, but certainly not college level or pro.

“I was a freshman at Auburn in 1999 and I’ve been talking with 2 girls (Auburn friends) that went to school with these girls. Maybe y’all should try talking to kids in the grade or two above.

These kids know what happened.”

Feb 16, 2019

Funny that Chief Walker wouldn’t confirm the type of DNA..... we have known since the very beginning that the DNA was semen. That was the premise for taking the heat off of Barrentine.

Could they have had other sources of DNA that they kept close to the vest all this time?

War Eagle and Iove your username. I've reached out to my friends but I was at a tennis tournament all weekend and haven't spoken with them yet.

Based on what they said this is not who they were referencing. I'm just having a hard time buying the fact that this guy excuted two girls then lead a normal life. Every picture I've seen of this guy except one he looks extremely happy.

I've tried to think of how his DNA could've gotten on JB and can't come up with one. Everything we've been told has always made it seem the DNA was located in spots that would indicate consensual sex.

I have lots of trouble with the "he cant be a killer because he doesnt look like one" theory. No doubt if it goes to trial the lawyer will push the consensual sex theory because its really the only way to address the DNA evidence. If one thinks about it the "Everything we've been told has always made it seem the DNA was located in spots that would indicate consensual sex. " doesnt really make sense. It would be a weird coincidence if the girl just happened to be murdered right after she decided to meet up with the suspect. It would also be strange that she chose to bring along a chaperone to watch. I Figure this guys only hope is to get an OJ jury.

I think that OPD and the other LE probably have a lot that they held back and maybe even lied about (not to lie about but more to aid in the weeding out) like the stating that there was no rape in the beginning, but now there is rape involved. Even the family has been told very little information

I think that OPD and the other LE probably have a lot that they held back and maybe even lied about (not to lie about but more to aid in the weeding out) like the stating that there was no rape in the beginning, but now there is rape involved. Even the family has been told very little information
They may also have learned more as they interviewed / interrogated this suspect. Now that they are looking at him, they may also find corroborating witnesses. Details that have seemed important for 20 years may turn out to be trivial or coincidental, and things that weren't thought to be a big deal could turn out to be a key link to the murderer. I think we just have to trust that LE knows more than we do and will use that info appropriately. I'm so relieved to know that not only was this case not forgotten, there is a real chance for justice for these girls!

Could they have had other sources of DNA that they kept close to the vest all this time?

I guess it's possible. Perhaps a drop of blood in the car or on the girls from them fending him off. Maybe saliva from a discarded napkin or cigarette butt near the car.

IMO, the rape is oral rape due to the location of the semen sample (that was confirmed) and I don't see a murderer taking the time to redress his victim. Plus, his clean record indicates this may have been his first criminal act and likely to make mistakes. Then again he could have forced her to redress herself before killing her later. There's just so much ambiguity and unknown that it's hard to make sense of what little information we do know.

It will be interesting to see what other old school detective work police did in the case.

Were they able to get information on what may have happened with J.B. Beasley's Boston Red Sox cap or her car keys, even if the suspect no longer has them? Were they able to use locations known to the suspect to try and narrow down the mud evidence that was found on Tracie Hawlett's shoes or find other ballistics evidence at a particular scene? Having something that only the suspect would have or information only the suspect would know would certainly help bolster the case against him.

I guess a confession plus DNA evidence would not require this to be done, but I am still interested in the story of where they went that night and how whatever happened to them unfolded. I am more interested in the where, what, when, how, and why. The evidence tells the story.

Could have also gotten DNA from under the girls fingernails. It does sound like at least Tracy (have never seen anything about JB) fought back to an extent due to the scratches on her. And yes the semen sample was verified as being found in and on certain items but they could have kept other places undisclosed and saved for integration of a suspect

His attorney is already speaking.

He says this case is a tragedy but we don't need to make it three tragedies by convicting him.

It is from the Associated Press.

I am on my mobile so I don't know how to link things

I never said "he can't be a killer because he doesn't look like one" I was answering a question based on a post I made on Feb 16, 2019.

I said I find it hard to believe that he killed these girls and then led a normal life. I'm getting fairly sick of people making assumptions on this forum on multiple threads. My statement was based on a question which I doubt you read otherwise you wouldn't just completely twist my words.

<modsnip: discussing other members>

I have lots of trouble with the "he cant be a killer because he doesnt look like one" theory. No doubt if it goes to trial the lawyer will push the consensual sex theory because its really the only way to address the DNA evidence. If one thinks about it the "Everything we've been told has always made it seem the DNA was located in spots that would indicate consensual sex. " doesnt really make sense. It would be a weird coincidence if the girl just happened to be murdered right after she decided to meet up with the suspect. It would also be strange that she chose to bring along a chaperone to watch. I Figure this guys only hope is to get an OJ jury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything taken in and with the benefit of integrity of the case and future prosecution I believe non-disclosure and misdirection was/is being utilized within officials in this case. In fact it has been used for far longer than the last 72 hours, much longer.
Why? Because it is to get where we are today and where we are supposed to be in the future. Hopefully a solid, true and complete resolution in this case.

No matter whether I like it or anyone else; Websleuths, Facebook, Twitter and any other social media be damned. Yes, the public has a right to know. But we have a greater right and need to have resolution on this. That outweighs podcasts, chat rooms (do those still exist?) everyone’s opinions, and back and forth chatter/bickering/baiting etc.

It looks like we are on our way to closure more than we ever have been. I want the criminal(s) involved with this to be tried in a court of law and not the court of public opinion. That is how wrongful acquittals, convictions and mistrials happen.

I am grateful for where we are today. I hope to see a brighter tomorrow.
I am grateful for everyone that has an honest, objective interest here and everywhere else they may be.
Like everyone else, I will be watching. Rest assured.

Thank you for reading.

Quo Vedis

Last edited:

I suppose the point I was trying to make was: if the girls you know from Dothan know what happened, and you still question the validity of the recent arrest, it seems like someone from LE should speak with them. I’m in no way trying to call you or anyone else out on their theories. Trust me, I’ve heard them all, and like everyone else, I was shocked at learning this arrest has nothing to do with any of the more common theories.

I was friends with both J.B. and Tracie, although one more so than the other. I remember the funerals, the songs playing at the burial service, the procession that was several miles long through Dothan.

I’ve had my theories over the years, but I’ve never claimed to KNOW who killed them. If the right man was arrested, my theories were wrong. But they were only theories.
If your friends know what happened, (and you did say they know what happened) and it didn’t involve the man who was arrested, I think most would agree that they should meet with LE. I respect your decision to withhold their names, and I’m not asking you to disclose them either.

But if you actually believe your friends know the truth, as stated last month, that information could be far more useful in the rights hands rather than in passing on this forum.

I appreciate the response, and I hope you understand where I’m coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member