GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this scenario.
(I don't believe CW was in the master bedroom when shanann returned from her trip and she began to caress him. No way that happened, imo.)

I think CW stayed in the basement since they came back from NC. So early Monday morning, Shanann arrived home, went into the office, saw the $60 something restaurant receipt, went down to the basement to confront him, got into an emotional argument. (dogs sensed some distress there later)

After the argument, Shanann came back up, cried herself to sleep...
That seems very plausible.

I am also getting irritated with posters thinking that just because some of us don't agree that she's the sole reason everything went down, that we're somehow fans of hers and are defending her. You can still have problems with NK, still see that she has accountability in all of this, and yet still think that CW is ultimately the one responsible.

This! Thanks Mtnlites. I am by no means defending NK either, I am just tired of the incessant mockery of her. Again I think she acted very terribly and selfishly. I wish folks would focus on the murders, and not the affair.

She's at least part of the motive, hence why police interviewed her several times and felt it necessary to retrieve textual evidence from her phone she attempted to destroy.
Part of his motive.
It's one thing to fall in love with someone else, get divorced and start a new life.
But it's much more complex than that. It's the combination of all the parts that turned CW into a murderer.
With all the details that have just been revealed during the 5 hour interview I would think the fact that his mistress is immoral is the least significant. Imo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It's not an accurate statement to say that the rest of us believe that NK is why this happened. I, for one, believe CW is why this happened and he murdered his entire family because he wanted to be with NK.

To be clear, I am no fan of NK's. That said, I strongly believe CW is a psychopath. He comes off as a shy, introverted, nice guy and that's such a huge contrast to the hideous things we know he did.

From the start of the case, some people were claiming Shanann had a strong, controlling personality and this pushed CW to do it. Even after he took the plea, this persisted. We know that's not what happened. Shanann had nothing to do with pushing CW to murder. He did it because he is a psychopath and he'd found a new source of supply and he was done with Shanann and his children. They were in his way of being able to enjoy his new source of supply.

NK shouldn't have been in the relationship with him to begin with. I don't think she's a nice person. She's self-serving and she has lied. That said, I believe it's entirely possible that CW told her a very ugly lie about Shanann early on and she believed it.

The possibility that NK may have given CW an ultimatum Saturday night, followed up with her expectations in a 111 minute conversation on Sunday has been discussed here. I think it's a strong possibility that may have happened. Did she tell him to murder his entire family? Did she tell him what to do with bodies? I don't think she any idea that he would ever do anything like that.

Mistresses give their married boyfriends ultimatums all the time, and the married boyfriends almost never, ever murder their wives and children. They don't stuff their babies into oil storage tanks and bury their pregnant wives in a shallow grave. That is what psychopaths do.

All JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with you Molly. NK has few morals and was basically playing with fire. She was involved with a married man and should have stayed away until CW had left the marital home. CW shoved NK under the bus. I bet NK wishes she never had met CW. She has to live with her actions and CW's actions (people will link her to murdering his family and disposing of their bodies in a horrific manner). I hope she thinks twice before having an intense relationship with a man that is supposedly in a relationship. I don't like NK but knowing that her life is more than likely hell right now is karma kicking in and I like it.

WOW

That is the word he said with a clenched jaw and fake smile on the news of SW announcement she is pregnant. That is the moment captured in time of CW snapping.

CW was already flirting with NK, and possibly was going to leave SW before this announcement recorded for all to see. But now what was he going to do??? That date was June 11th. The date when his sick mind turned on.

Oh, I know - June 14th, yeah why not put NK info in his phone...

Sheeze, some facts and some JMO

Sunday night, August 12th, at 21:28, SK received an incoming call from CW. The call lasted 111 minutes. The call ended at 23:19, around the time SW was originally supposed to arrived home but her flight from Phoenix was delayed.

Yes, of course. It could have been any woman he became obsessed with. She was just the first to come along and was right there in front of him every day. It just happened to be that woman.
It was the inside of CW's dysfunctional mind that allowed this to happen.
Lots of married men become obsessed with other women. They usually don't kill their family when they no longer serve a purpose.
Blaming the other woman just provides CW with another excuse. Imo
BBM. I think you are spot on. Obsession is a symptom of a personality disorder. CW is a covert, toxic narcissist who lost control of his wife so he moved on to his next prey. He'll be playing the blame game the rest of his life. I just wish the media would stop giving him a platform to play his game.

JMO

I wish we knew more about the basement situation, too. I still wonder why the dogs hit on the two spot s in the basement.
I wonder if Bella ran down there to hide?
From what I remember, those were cadaver dogs. I wonder if maybe he took off the clothes he was wearing when he carried the girls to the tanks and threw then down there before he washed them. Or the sheets that were on the floor, or something like that. Imo

WOW

That is the word he said with a clenched jaw and fake smile on the news of SW announcement she is pregnant. That is the moment captured in time of CW snapping.

CW was already flirting with NK, and possibly was going to leave SW before this announcement recorded for all to see. But now what was he going to do??? That date was June 11th. The date when his sick mind turned on.

Oh, I know - June 14th, yeah why not put NK info in his phone...

Sheeze, some facts and some JMO

Yes, he was already flirting with NK when Shanann announced she was pregnant. JMO, he had already devalued Shanann and was getting ready for the discard as he had found a new source of supply with NK, because he's a psychopath, IMO. This is exactly how they operate.

He felt no obligation to his pregnant wife, little girls or unborn child to try to make things work. In fact, he did the complete opposite. The next day, on June 12, NK sent a group email to the guys in the field. CW seized the opportunity to respond back to her directly and an email string began between the two of them. My guess is there were communications that weren't in writing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he told NK a whopper of a lie about Shanann.

By June 14, he's putting NK in his contact list, and by the time Shanann left for NC, he was engaged in a full-blown affair and he was idealizing NK. In his mind, he had already discarded Shanann and the girls. They no longer served any purpose for him and they were out of sight and out of mind as he pleasured himself with NK.

Shanann was stunned and despondent by his coldness. She considered an affair, but didn't think he had game for that. CW had game. He had game when he was shapeless and rather unattractive years earlier when he convinced beautiful Shanann that he was the best thing that ever happened to her.

CW wore a mask of being a normal, quiet, nice guy. That mask was so important to him that he chose to murder his pregnant wife and two precious little girls than to be exposed as the man who left his pregnant wife and little girls for another woman for no reason other than he was bored with them, had no further use for them and they were in his way.

All JMO

No one can tell me this guy was completely normal or a great guy and then just snapped one minute and killed his whole family. It doesn't happen that way. He was a nut before and it was covered over.
Cindy never mentioned sending him to any scouting group. Only sports, that he was shy, etc. If he had been exposed to scouts he would have learned about lighting camp fires, the great outdoors, (at the very least), and would have developed interpersonal relationships not based on competitive male/male sports. Way too weird that all she could say about him after he went to mechanics' school was that he bought a new tool box. What else happened in those years from about 18 to 25 when he married SW? Did he have any interaction with Mom/Sis at all? Or was a hatred of strong women solidifying, but suppressed, as he was growing up.

Strange situation that he appears to have been attracted to strong women, yet hated them eventually. IMO

Last edited:
Yes, he was already flirting with NK when Shanann announced she was pregnant. JMO, he had already devalued Shanann and was getting ready for the discard as he had found a new source of supply with NK, because he's a psychopath, IMO. This is exactly how they operate.

He felt no obligation to his pregnant wife, little girls or unborn child to try to make things work. In fact, he did the complete opposite. The next day, on June 12, NK sent a group email to the guys in the field. CW seized the opportunity to respond back to her directly and an email string began between the two of them. My guess is there were communications that weren't in writing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he told NK a whopper of a lie about Shanann.

By June 14, he's putting NK in his contact list, and by the time Shanann left for NC, he was engaged in a full-blown affair and he was idealizing NK. In his mind, he had already discarded Shanann and the girls. They no longer served any purpose for him and they were out of sight and out of mind as he pleasured himself with NK.

Shanann was stunned and despondent by his coldness. She considered an affair, but didn't think he had game for that. CW had game. He had game when he was shapeless and rather unattractive years earlier when he convinced beautiful Shanann that he was the best thing that ever happened to her.

CW wore a mask of being a normal, quiet, nice guy. That mask was so important to him that he chose to murder his pregnant wife and two precious little girls than to be exposed as the man who left his pregnant wife and little girls for another woman for no reason other than he was bored with them, had no further use for them and they were in his way.

All JMO
Even during the last confession interview of CW, he alleges he denied the affair to SW. Telling her he believed they were not compatible!

One of the first episodes of "Snapped" I ever watched, defendant testified that she'd rather have her husband physically assault her because she could fight back and defend herself. She went on to say that she had no defense against his lying, so she shot him.

Did CW think he was somehow sparing his soon to be dead wife by not telling her the truth? I still believe CW strangled SW when she was asleep and defenseless.

Last edited:
From what I remember, those were cadaver dogs. I wonder if maybe he took off the clothes he was wearing when he carried the girls to the tanks and threw then down there before he washed them. Or the sheets that were on the floor, or something like that. Imo
Reports on the cadaver dogs used at the Watts home were never quite clear to me partly because the handlers seemed to intentionally interchange the dogs.

I do recall one of the handlers describing "tension" alerts in the basement (and other areas in the house). I believe she described it as scent from people "pools" and collects in areas. MOO

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It's not an accurate statement to say that the rest of us believe that NK is why this happened. I, for one, believe CW is why this happened and he murdered his entire family because he wanted to be with NK.

To be clear, I am no fan of NK's. That said, I strongly believe CW is a psychopath. He comes off as a shy, introverted, nice guy and that's such a huge contrast to the hideous things we know he did.

From the start of the case, some people were claiming Shanann had a strong, controlling personality and this pushed CW to do it. Even after he took the plea, this persisted. We know that's not what happened. Shanann had nothing to do with pushing CW to murder. He did it because he is a psychopath and he'd found a new source of supply and he was done with Shanann and his children. They were in his way of being able to enjoy his new source of supply.

NK shouldn't have been in the relationship with him to begin with. I don't think she's a nice person. She's self-serving and she has lied. That said, I believe it's entirely possible that CW told her a very ugly lie about Shanann early on and she believed it.

The possibility that NK may have given CW an ultimatum Saturday night, followed up with her expectations in a 111 minute conversation on Sunday has been discussed here. I think it's a strong possibility that may have happened. Did she tell him to murder his entire family? Did she tell him what to do with bodies? I don't think she any idea that he would ever do anything like that.

Mistresses give their married boyfriends ultimatums all the time, and the married boyfriends almost never, ever murder their wives and children. They don't stuff their babies into oil storage tanks and bury their pregnant wives in a shallow grave. That is what psychopaths do.

There's been a lot of conversation in recent pages about the NK/CW dynamics. Having been through an intense affair, perhaps I can add a little perspective.

One thing that both parties experienced in my affair was deeply conflicted feelings. On the one hand, as good people, we wanted to do the right thing despite all the wrong feelings going on. On the other hand, there was an undeniable force that seemed to bring us together. It sets up tremendous emotional churn. There are different ways to respond to those feelings, such as trying to stay apart, coaching the other party on how to make things better in their marriage, etc. etc. The attempts may be well intentioned and sincere, even as the heart swoons and the affair blazes on. It may not make sense from an objective perspective, and it is very hard (actually impossible) to reconcile the two forces. A choice must be made.

Another characteristic I would say is the temptation to lie to serve the interests of the affair. There certainly is a huge amount of deception with one's spouse(s) to account for time away from the marriage, spiriting secret funds to spend on the affair, apparent loss of interest in the home life, physical and emotional distancing, etc. The lying can also extend to the love interest. This may include portraying one's spouse or marital relationship negatively to help justify the affair, misrepresenting intentions, and so on. One nasty thing about affairs is that they can turn otherwise honest people into liars.

A third characteristic is how obsessive one can get thinking about the love interest. I'm not normally an obsessive guy, but when one's heart is singing, when life now has vibrant color rarely seen, and when you feel poetry all around you, it is hard not to think constantly about the person who is enabling these amazing feelings. And of course there is the sex, which doesn't need explanation.

When I heard some of NK's interview, some what she described resonated with me as likely truthful. For example, coaching CW on his home life and relationship. I don't see that necessarily as NK trying to come off as blameless; I could easily see her expressing conflicted feelings and trying to 'do the right thing' with CW even as she fostered the affair. I would guess there are probably few women in affairs who like the thought of breaking up a family, especially with young children in the picture. I'm not defending NK, just pointing out that some of her apparent inconsistent behavior may actually have been genuine and not uncommon to people in affairs.

With CW, my hypothesis is that combining the incredibly powerful feelings that come with an intense affair, a psychopathic lack of empathy and moral obligation, and lack of emotional and general intelligence, and you have a recipe for disaster. I do believe that NK unleashed new self-awareness in CW, and that is does take a certain chemistry with the love interest to catalyze this (it was likely more than just about sex). Unfortunately, the self-awareness was narcissistic; and as a formally awkward guy who was marginally attractive, CW felt an over-compensated sense of power and potency. It probably was very difficult to contemplate walking away from NK and all she represented to him, and I have no doubt he obsessed mightily over her. But while most men may seek divorce as the only way to preserve the new relationship, the psycho in CW actually thought murdering his family was a way out. From my experience, I can relate to much of what occurred between NK and CW leading up to that horrible night. But Chris stupidly boxed himself in with lies to his love interest (he clearly was NOT very smart), and, in a flash of incredible cruelty and short-sightedness, wrapped his hands around Shan'ann's neck that night.

Chris made his choice.

I'm in the camp that CW is psychopathic and had contemplated murder as one of his options before that night. The evidence suggests he may have even targeted that night. But he may have limited his thinking to a more abstract level, because he clearly was not much of planner. Beyond the idiocy of boxing himself in so badly with NK, and beyond the moral horror of murder, the utterly unfathomable stupidity of his thinking that he had any chance in hell of actually getting away with it is impossible for me to comprehend.

And that 45 minute drive to the oil field. The time he had to think. Those babies...

Good God what a monster.

Last edited:
There's been a lot of conversation in recent pages about the NK/CW dynamics. Having been through an intense affair, perhaps I can add a little perspective.

One thing that both parties experienced in my affair was deeply conflicted feelings. On the one hand, as good people, we wanted to do the right thing despite all the wrong feelings going on. On the other hand, there was an undeniable force that seemed to bring us together. It sets up tremendous emotional churn. There are different ways to respond to those feelings, such as trying to stay apart, coaching the other party on how to make things better in their marriage, etc. etc. The attempts may be well intentioned and sincere, even as the heart swoons and the affair blazes on. It may not make sense from an objective perspective, and it is very hard (actually impossible) to reconcile the two forces. A choice must be made.

Another characteristic I would say is the temptation to lie to serve the interests of the affair. There certainly is a huge amount of deception with one's spouse(s) to account for time away from the marriage, spiriting secret funds to spend on the affair, apparent loss of interest in the home life, physical and emotional distancing, etc. The lying can also extend to the love interest. This may include portraying one's spouse or marital relationship negatively to help justify the affair, misrepresenting intentions, and so on. One nasty thing about affairs is that they can turn otherwise honest people into liars.

A third characteristic is how obsessive one can get thinking about the love interest. I'm not normally an obsessive guy, but when one's heart is singing, when life now has vibrant color rarely seen, and when you feel poetry all around you, it is hard not to think constantly about the person who is enabling these amazing feelings. And of course there is the sex, which doesn't need explanation.

When I heard some of NK's interview, some what she described resonated with me as likely truthful. For example, coaching CW on his home life and relationship. I don't see that necessarily as NK trying to come off as blameless; I could easily see her expressing conflicted feelings and trying to 'do the right thing' with CW even as she fostered the affair. I would guess there are probably few women in affairs who like the thought of breaking up a family, especially with young children in the picture. I'm not defending NK, just pointing out that some of her apparent inconsistent behavior may actually have been genuine and not uncommon to people in affairs.

With CW, my hypothesis is that combining the incredibly powerful feelings that come with an intense affair, a psychopathic lack of empathy and moral obligation, and lack of emotional and general intelligence, and you have a recipe for disaster. I do believe that NK unleashed new self-awareness in CW, and that is does take a certain chemistry with the love interest to catalyze this (it was likely more than just about sex). Unfortunately, the self-awareness was narcissistic; and as a formally awkward guy who was marginally attractive, CW felt an over-compensated sense of power and potency. It probably was very difficult to contemplate walking away from NK and all she represented to him, and I have no doubt he obsessed mightily over her. But while most men may seek divorce as the only way to preserve the new relationship, the psycho in CW actually thought murdering his family was a way out. From my experience, I can relate to much of what occurred between NK and CW leading up to that horrible night. But Chris stupidly boxed himself in with lies to his love interest (he clearly was NOT very smart), and, in a flash of incredible cruelty and short-sightedness, wrapped his hands around Shan'ann's neck that night.

Chris made his choice.

I'm in the camp that CW is psychopathic and had contemplated murder as one of his options before that night. The evidence suggests he may have even targeted that night. But he may have limited his thinking to a more abstract level, because he clearly was not much of planner. Beyond the idiocy of boxing himself in so badly with NK, and beyond the moral horror of murder, the utterly unfathomable stupidity of his thinking that he had any chance in hell of actually getting away with it is impossible for me to comprehend.

And that 45 minute drive to the oil field. The time he had to think. Those babies...

Good God what a monster.

Perhaps your post will lend some perspective to others who don't really understand the dynamics of infidelity. I completely understand the dynamics of infidelity, not as the giver, but as the receiver. For the receivers, it's a hideous experience in every way imaginable. The receivers totally get the dynamics involved, all of the lying, the other deceptions, the obsession, the illogical justifications, the depletion of marital assets to fund the affair, etc., etc., etc.

For me to go from absolutely despising NK to perhaps a somewhat softer viewpoint has been a huge leap for me, and it's only occurred in recent days. And it's only because I believe CW is a psychopath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member