CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #50 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
was there anything she separately "threw away," or was everything transported to the ranch to be burned?

From the prelim hearing, phones, keys, and remnants went back to Idaho.

2:24 p.m.
From there, Slater says Kenney took the remnants and discarded them at the hospital she worked at.

2:23 p.m.
She threw the keys (presumably to Berreth’s townhome) into a gorge in Gooding, Idaho. Kenney told investigators about her route back to Twin Falls. It matches the phone records. She then burned Kelsey’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.

From the prelim hearing, phones, keys, and remnants went back to Idaho.

2:24 p.m.
From there, Slater says Kenney took the remnants and discarded them at the hospital she worked at.

2:23 p.m.
She threw the keys (presumably to Berreth’s townhome) into a gorge in Gooding, Idaho. Kenney told investigators about her route back to Twin Falls. It matches the phone records. She then burned Kelsey’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.

I actually meant the bags of waste from the condo. I think her testimony is that they were all burned but I am not 100% clear on that, since the testimony about the fire focuses on the tote.

We can only hope PF googled how long it would take to cremate someone!

That stooge thought he was going to convince KK to take the body with her and dump it away from there if I remember correctly, so he probably went into the body-burning plan half-cocked.

After reading MG's piece about the body recovery success rate I'm feeling good about the chances of it happening for the Berreths.

The fact that so much time was taken to coordinate a plan increases my confidence.

How will we celebrate on WS when that news hits the airwaves?! Sonic for everyone!
Exactly. I seriously don’t think PF was doing the math. I think it was a way to quickly destroy evidence.

it says : "a sizable civil penalty of up to $10,000..." ergo not a criminal penalty
So, you are saying illegal burning isn't a crime? Is knowing a human body is burning on your property a crime?

I'm pretty confident SF's attorney is knowledgeable about Colorado law.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you are saying illegal burning isn't a crime? Is knowing a human body is burning on your property a crime?

I'm pretty confident SF's attorney is knowledgeable about Colorado law. smh
Are you saying that SF was going to plead the Fifth, because she was worried about being fined for her son having a fire on her property?

This is a murder case.

I didn't make it clear that I hope PF googled cremation because it would add to the circumstantial evidence against him.
The fact that Kelsey’s murder was planned months before her death, means that PF likely left an extensive digital trail.

His phone and other devices, are likely an evidentiary goldmine.

I’ll bet he’s got some interesting Google search history.

The fact that Kelsey’s murder was planned months before her death, means that PF likely left an extensive digital trail.

His phone and other devices, are likely an evidentiary goldmine.

I’ll bet he’s got some interesting Google search history.
If anyone in my circle dies I'm in serious trouble after googling how a burning body smells yesterday!

Something came to mind regarding PF and KB’s trip to tend to some cattle the night before KB was murdered. A number of years ago, my sister’s FiL was attending a horse who was having a problem (I don’t recall what it was now). He was kicked once in the head when the horse startled and it put him in the ICU for weeks. The kick broke every bone in his face and jaw, knocked out many teeth, etc. He almost lost his sight. The doctor actually said, getting kicked in the head is like letting a major league batter take a swing at you. Had the kick been higher or his head been turned to the side it probably would have killed him.

This is all my speculation only, of course, but perhaps the plan was to use the bat that evening and blame a horse or cow for the accident. (Do cattle kick like horses?) But he chickened out or KB never got out of the vehicle or was holding l’il K the entire time. So he delayed the game until the next afternoon.

Who knows? It’s still a poor plan since he’d only get one chance but it seems more logical than what he ultimately went with. Not that logic is his strong suit...
I just got the shivers!
Monsters are real. :(
Moo

I'm pretty confident SF's attorney is knowledgeable about Colorado law. smh

I think acutename merely copied the penalty for illegal burning from the link that you provided.

So I’m not sure they were saying anything other than what the penalty is for illegal burning :)

That’s horiffic.

There’s a couple things in particular, that make me think that the situation is similar here.

The relatively short amount of time he allegedly burned her body.

The fact that clumps of plastic were found, but apparently no bones.

If she was incinerated to the point of small bone fragments, I would have expected some to be found with that plastic.

If she wasn’t burned to that point, it would make sense, as he’d be able to easily dispose of a burned, but not (completely) destroyed body.

bbm
Some landfill would make sense to dump the remains, because "trash" had been on PF's mind earlier already. I remember him advising KKL, to murder KB and put her "in the trash bin". Though I wonder, how KKL should have done this by her own ....

If anyone in my circle dies I'm in serious trouble after googling how a burning body smells yesterday!

Close to the same here! Surprised FBI & other agencies aren't at my door yet!

Speaking of "ungodly searches"...

If PF & KK did indeed burn KB's body, her skin, hair, nails, fat (not that she had much on her), muscles, connective tissues, bodily fluids, and the like, would have burnt up within roughly about an hour, give or take. This would leave only bones/teeth. The largest of these bones, in length, would have been the arm & leg bones. The stronest being the femur, or thigh bone; often being compared to the strength of concrete!

Now given KB's small frame, would it be possible for PF to use a reciprocating saw to go through her bones? If this is true, then the "boiling pot of lye" isn't as far fetched as I once thought! And turning KB, into the consistency of mineral oil is very plausible.

If WE can find this stuff online via simple searches ( yes most of us are pretty well versed at Google), why can't someone who isn't?

MOO IMHO

Something came to mind regarding PF and KB’s trip to tend to some cattle the night before KB was murdered. A number of years ago, my sister’s FiL was attending a horse who was having a problem (I don’t recall what it was now). He was kicked once in the head when the horse startled and it put him in the ICU for weeks. The kick broke every bone in his face and jaw, knocked out many teeth, etc. He almost lost his sight. The doctor actually said, getting kicked in the head is like letting a major league batter take a swing at you. Had the kick been higher or his head been turned to the side it probably would have killed him.

This is all my speculation only, of course, but perhaps the plan was to use the bat that evening and blame a horse or cow for the accident. (Do cattle kick like horses?) But he chickened out or KB never got out of the vehicle or was holding l’il K the entire time. So he delayed the game until the next afternoon.

Who knows? It’s still a poor plan since he’d only get one chance but it seems more logical than what he ultimately went with. Not that logic is his strong suit...
Maybe, PF and KB were also near some horses during the "care- for- cattle- night" and PF would have very well known to make a horse going wild .... Speculation. At least some diabolical thoughts in this direction I can absolutely imagine because "it's PF, we are speaking of".

I may be missing something ,as I so often am, but I never thought for a second that they burned the evidence and the body down to ash.

Seen a lot of discussion about the size of the metal container that they used to burn, the accelerant used, how hot it has to burn etc, etc . I don’t think PF thought he would achieve a complete cremation. I’m not sure why anyone would think that would be possible in the time that they had.

In my opinion they were just trying to obliterate as much evidence as possible.... burned enough to get rid of the smallerv evidence and make disposing of KB’s body manageable.

The fact that the area was searched and there was little leftover tells me they achieved that goal. Or thought they did.

but PF had to dispose of the rest of the body, and I’m hoping there’s enough to make it obvious in the landfill. MOO
IMO I think his goal was to burn her as to not be able to recognize or identify ( he forgot about DNA) but he perhaps thought of dental records and maybe pulled the teeth that were left after he had knocked some loose from the bat swing, the bat swing may have been on purpose to knock her teeth out. MOO his thinking is basic .

the remains would have been visible the next morning
I bet he scooped them up as soon as the fire died down, perhaps setting them on the cold ground to cool or placed them in a smaller metal container until he had time to scoop them up and go dispose of them.

Maybe, PF and KB were also near some horses during the "care- for- cattle- night" and PF would have very well known to make a horse going wild .... Speculation. At least some diabolical thoughts in this direction I can absolutely imagine because "it's PF, we are speaking of".
I'd love to know if PF brought up the subject of luring KB out late that night to tend to cattle during a "fireside chat" with KK. I just find it very strange that KB was out there so late at night with PF and baby K. What lie did he tell her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni