Holland - Multiple people injured in Tram shooting, possible terrorism, Utrecht, 18 March 2019

Police contradict mayor: three suspects still detained
Police Utrecht on Twitter:
'With regard to the three suspects arrested in connection with the shooting incident on # 24oktoberplein in #Utrecht. These three people are still detained and are still suspects.'
Twitter

Turkish media: relatives among the dead ++ Three more victims in mortal danger ++ BILD reporter on site

Did Tanis shoot his aunt?

Even after his arrest remained in the province of Utrecht issued terror alert level - was downgraded only from 5 to 4. Police in the Netherlands and neighboring North Rhine-Westphalia remained on alert. A terrorist attack? There are also some indications of a family drama.

The Turkish official news agency Anadolu, citing family members of Tanis, said he shot a relative. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in a TV interview, the intelligence service investigates whether the man acted for personal motives or whether it could be an act of terrorism.
Drei Menschen erschossen: Killer von Utrecht in Wohnung festgenommen

According to the AD is that police dogs did pick up the scent traces of the suspects
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Also a published MSM report,about why Gökmen Tanis was released on March 1.
'Assassin suspect Gökmen Tanis was released on March 1 if he cooperated in a double personality investigation of the Netherlands Institute for Forensic Psychiatry (NIFP). There were already concerns about his psychological state. Tanis was imprisoned for a 2017 rape case.'
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl
I know for a fact that waitinglist are very long in the Dutch mental healthcare and that the consequences of this,unintentionally goes to the police.
Very troubling,if you ask me..

Last edited:
Geen enkele relatie tussen verdachte en slachtoffers Utrecht

No relation whatsoever between the suspects and the victims (!!)

It is the day after the shooting in a tram in Utrecht. The police take 'a very serious account' of a terrorist motive. The main suspect Gökmen T. did not know the victims. In this live blog we will keep you informed of the latest developments.

Three people died yesterday during the shooting at the 24 Oktoberplein in Utrecht.
Among the victims are a football trainer (49 years old) from Utrecht, 19-year-old Roos from Vianen and a 28-year-old man from Utrecht.

Three people were seriously injured, a 20-year-old woman from Utrecht, a 74-year-old man from De Meern and a 21-year-old woman from Nieuwegein.

[ earlier ]
Justice is considering Gökmen T.'s terrorist motive because of a note
So far, serious account has been taken of a terrorist motive. The Public Prosecutor's Office reports this. "One of the reasons for this is a note found in the flight car and the nature of the fact. Other motives are not excluded, they are also investigated," according to the Public Prosecution Service.

BBM

Here we go........ apparently he wasn't after his ex or his sister in law or anyone in particular.

OM: briefje en feiten wijzen op terroristisch motief aanslag Utrecht

OM: letter and facts indicate terrorist attack Utrecht

The police and the Public Prosecution Service still 'seriously' take into account that there is a terrorist motive behind yesterday's attack in Utrecht.

In the red Renault Clio that chief suspect Gökmen T. used after the attack, a note was found that would indicate this, reports the Public Prosecutor. "The nature of the facts" would also confirm that.

No relationship
Moreover, there was no relationship between T. and the victims he made.

Yes,we do have a good health service in general,but during MDO's (multi-disciplinary consultation) it is known that it getting a problem so paper records doesnt mean much to me.
In the Dutch MSM there are mentions and discussions about this
The waitinglist grows,since a decade..orso
The system isnt infallible,there are cases known where authorities doesnt work together,making mistakes.
And people falling through the cracks
Example:Micheal Panhuis and Anne Faber (RIP) there are more..sadly.
Zorgelijke trend overlast verward gedrag

I can find nothing positive in this report. OECD is considering mental health care like running a cookie factory. Cost reduction seems to be their main aim.

If our mental health system is so good, why was Gorkmen Tanis free to roam the streets?

@worldwatcher mentions Michael Panhuis and Anne Faber. Read about his so-called treatment and weep. Anne Faber would be alive if the mental care system had been serious about its mission - and nothing changed once the press left.

I can find nothing positive in this report. OECD is considering mental health care like running a cookie factory. Cost reduction seems to be their main aim.

If our mental health system is so good, why was Gorkmen Tanis free to roam the streets?

@worldwatcher mentions Michael Panhuis and Anne Faber. Read about his so-called treatment and weep. Anne Faber would be alive if the mental care system had been serious about its mission - and nothing changed once the press left.

Because many people don't seek help or/and keeping it a secret, especially men with a foreign background, mental ilness is still a taboo in many communities.

''In 2015 the Netherlands maintained its number one position at the top of the annual Euro health consumer index, which compares healthcare systems in Europe, scoring 916 of a maximum 1,000 points. The Netherlands is the only country that has been in the top three ranking in every Euro health consumer index published since 2005. On 48 indicators such as patient rights and information, accessibility, prevention and outcomes, the Netherlands secured its top position among 37 European countries for the fifth year in a row. The Netherlands was also ranked first in a study comparing the health care systems of the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany and New Zealand.''

in 2018 the Netherlands is ranked on the second place when it comes to good/best healthcare.

Euro health consumer index - Wikipedia

Didn't Marc Rutte (Dutch Prime Minister) use a positive report about our Health care around election time?

OM: briefje en feiten wijzen op terroristisch motief aanslag Utrecht

OM: letter and facts indicate terrorist attack Utrecht

The police and the Public Prosecution Service still 'seriously' take into account that there is a terrorist motive behind yesterday's attack in Utrecht.

In the red Renault Clio that chief suspect Gökmen T. used after the attack, a note was found that would indicate this, reports the Public Prosecutor. "The nature of the facts" would also confirm that.

No relationship
Moreover, there was no relationship between T. and the victims he made.
So...what was written on that note? Was there a reference to New Zealand?

jmo

Update:

The note found in the Gökmen T. getaway car states that he acted in the name of Allah at the time of the attack on a Utrecht tram. He also greets his "Muslim brothers" in the letter.
Based on this, combined with the ties of T.'s brother and father with Salafist Muslim movements, the police and the Public Prosecution Service still think of a terrorist attack.
That is what De Telegraaf writes. The note was found in the red Renault Clio that prime suspect T. used after the attack.

Because of the discovery of the letter and 'the nature of the facts', the police and the Public Prosecution Service take 'seriously' into account that there is a terrorist motive behind the attack.
A conflict in the relational sphere, such as honor killings, would be much more unlikely since no relationship has been established between the suspect and the victims.

Looking at it through USA eyes, it sounds really good.

Didn't Marc Rutte (Dutch Prime Minister) use a positive report about our Health care around election time?

It's election time now!

I had to leave and while in the car I organized my thoughts, or my thoughts organized me, anyway whatever...

What happens and has happened in the past is that an attacker with a foreign background is often described by the authorities and the press as a confused man and they qualify these men as mental cases. There was a confused man in Den Haag who went on a stabbing spree and only months later the terrorist connection becomes clear, officially that is.
There was the so-called diabetes attack on the square in front of Amsterdam Central Station, all witnesses say the perp took a deliberate course and picked the lane with the most pedestrians, but the authorities insist he fell ill because of ramadan and fasting.
There was another confused man who stabbed tourists inside the same station, and on it goes.
In Germany the same happens, various attacks by foreigners of a certain background on local people were carried out by confused men with mental illness. Even if they were really mentally ill, somehow they opted for the default terrorist mode.

You may have noticed that the mayor of Utrecht referred to a shooting incident, another attempt at downplaying the severity of what was happening. One wonders what the difference it would make for the victims, the witnesses and the surviving families.

There are many men like Gokmen Tanis on the loose in the Netherlands and nothing is done to stop them. Ordinary people pay the price.

So it does come as a surprise to me that the terrorist card is not being played down in this case.

Last edited:
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Gökmen Tanis was tracked down via internet banking

Gökmen Tanis, the man suspected of the attack on the tram in Utrecht, was found last night because the police monitored his bank details. Shortly after the murder he transferred money with a borrowed telephone.

Sources report this to this newspaper. After the murder of three people in the tram, Tanis took off in a red Renault Clio. The police had a lot of trouble tracing him. In an ultimate attempt it was therefore decided to monitor his bank details. At that moment it appeared that from an unknown mobile number, money was transferred via internet banking from Tanis' bank account. The police traced the mobile phone and found the suspect there.

The arrest took place around 6 pm. About seven hours after the murder. Apart from Tanis, two other men are detained. It is not known who they are. Also it is not known to whom Tanis sent the money.

BBM

Perhaps he was ordering pizza.....

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Gökmen Tanis, the man suspected of the attack on the tram in Utrecht, was found last night because the police monitored his bank details. Shortly after the murder he transferred money with a borrowed telephone.

Sources report this to this newspaper. After the murder of three people in the tram, Tanis took off in a red Renault Clio. The police had a lot of trouble tracing him. In an ultimate attempt it was therefore decided to monitor his bank details. At that moment it appeared that from an unknown mobile number, money was transferred via internet banking from Tanis' bank account. The police traced the mobile phone and found the suspect there.

The arrest took place around 6 pm. About seven hours after the murder. Apart from Tanis, two other men are detained. It is not known who they are. Also it is not known to whom Tanis sent the money.

BBM

Money transfer is interesting.

jmo

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

BBM

It was a money transfer to someone he knows, a ''friend''.

Third dead is 28 year old man from Utrecht

A billboard with the text "Utrecht stay strong" on the 24 Oktoberplein, the day after the shooting incident. ANP
UTRECHT - The three fatalities are a 19-year-old woman from Vianen and two men aged 28 and 49 from Utrecht.

A 20-year-old woman from Utrecht, a 74-year-old man from De Meern and a 21-year-old woman from Nieuwegein were seriously injured. According to the Public Prosecution Service, four people were slightly injured in the hectic pace that arose during the shooting, for example because they fell. The OM did not disclose the names of the victim
Derde dode is 28-jarige man uit Utrecht

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Sir, run for your life! Frans Hoogendijk (54) from Zevenhuizen does not hesitate for one moment yesterday morning in Utrecht, gets out of his red Renault Clio and starts running. A little later Gökmen Tanis drives off in his car.

The owner of the most famous car in the Netherlands tells his story a day later in his house in Zevenhuizen. He is still in a state of shock. "It is unbelievable what I have experienced.''

On Monday Frans Hoogendijk, a project manager for Coors - Beyond Interiors, is working on the renovation of the UWV building in Utrecht. He leaves in his car and has to wait for a traffic light on the 24 Oktoberplein. Suddenly he sees the doors of a tram opening and people running away in panic. In his direction. One of the tram's passengers shouts to him 'Sir, run for your life!'

"I thought it was a bomb and jumped out of my car. I left it with the engine running and the door open. Together with the man who had warned me I ran as fast as I could. Behind me I heard some shots from close by.''

They don't stop running until they're around the corner and don't hear shots anymore. My companion was completely panicked, I have calmed him. Then I walked back to see exactly what was going on.'''

The police are now on the spot and the assistance to the victims is in full swing. I had the feeling that I had ended up in a very bad film. I looked at the place where my car was supposed to be, but it was gone. I didn't understand that at all.''

A little later, thanks to testimonies, it becomes clear that suspect Gökmen Tanis drove off with his car. "After that I went with the police to the police station and they asked me a lot about my car. I never had the feeling that they saw me as a suspect. From the beginning it was clear that I have nothing to do with it.''

His red Renault Clio is found elsewhere in Utrecht later that day. Hoogendijk hasn't got his car back yet. The police still need it as part of the investigation. "It is bizarre that my car has played such a big role in this whole story.''

Frans Hoogendijk was brought home by a colleague after making statements at the police station. Today he is still unable to start working. The man from Zevenhuizen has the feeling that he has been very lucky. "A motorist who was also at the traffic lights was hit by a bullet. That could have happened to me too.''

It is the second time in his life that he escaped death in an attack. "I should have been at Brussels Airport in 2016 when bombs exploded there. However, my flight had been cancelled, so I was not in the departure hall. How much good fortune can a person have?"

BBM

IMHO this man saved lives while leaving his car with the engine running. He offered the shooter a way out, and the shooter took it, instead of going on a further rampage.

Well done, sir!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back