Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still so weirdly quiet on this one. Even in local news. Very few appeals, no new information released for days etc, IMHO she has gone away intentionally, I posted it a while back but I hope the rough sleeping community have been reached out to, just a feeling.

Yes doesn’t sit right with me. Lack of progress and police silence, possibly.

Yes doesn’t sit right with me. Lack of progress and police silence, possibly.

I'm sure I read in the earlier days police had been doing searches of the local area, so who knows. It's sad there has apparently been little progress.

Still so weirdly quiet on this one. Even in local news. Very few appeals, no new information released for days etc, IMHO she has gone away intentionally, I posted it a while back but I hope the rough sleeping community have been reached out to, just a feeling.

I said, too, some posts back I feel with this one she went of her own accord. Could be wrong, but same as you, based on a gut feeling.

So we have footage of Leah on the day before (14th)
We have family members who seem to know exactly how she was dressed (despite not having seen her since the previous night)

We have the odd half baked cctv media appeal and a load of facebook appeals (btw im sure that someone has added photos to Leahs account)
But hardly any t.v coverage or mainstream media.

And all kinds of strangeness just bubbling under the surface here....

Does anyone else just silently yearn for a good old fashioned straightforward "whodunnit"?
I think we have all felt like this case has some "stranger" aspects than others...particularly all of the video clips and date confusion
I said, too, some posts back I feel with this one she went of her own accord. Could be wrong, but same as you, based on a gut feeling.
HI all,
I just logged on because this case had been nagging at me (it's only 6am in the US now, and I usually don't sign on until I get to work). Between the strange videos, timelines, etc. and the lack of news, for the first time, I started to wonder if she really has gone off with someone. This is the first time I was willing to consider this as a possibility. And after logging on today, I saw the most recent post from last night, with someone saying something similar. I guess I am wondering what your (all of you) thoughts are, after all this time...

I don’t believe the running off with someone theory

She has no money of her own as has no access to her bank account, no phone, no clothes other than what she was wearing when she disappeared, no job as a means to support herself, there were no large cash withdrawls from her bank account in the run up to her disappearance

It is not impossible she has run off with someone who has plenty of money to support her financially but it does seem unlikely imho

I don’t believe the running off with someone theory

She has no money of her own as has no access to her bank account, no phone, no clothes other than what she was wearing when she disappeared, no job as a means to support herself, there were no large cash withdrawls from her bank account in the run up to her disappearance

It is not impossible she has run off with someone who has plenty of money to support her financially but it does seem unlikely imho
I appreciate the opinion...this is definitely what I have thought since the beginning...if someone took her, it was someone very brazen and lucky - to pull this off at the time of day and the area, etc.

It depends if it was something she had been planning for a while. She could have been taking small amounts out from her bank and putting them aside, and taking items of clothing to someone else's house a piece at a time for ages!

I would love this to be the reason for her disappearance. That she is safe and well somewhere of her own choosing.

I have known this happen with a friend, upped and left home after planning it for a while. Hard to think someone would do this and put family through these agonies, but there can be unknown reasons. I hope for a good outcome, but remain very concerned.

I would love this to be the reason for her disappearance. That she is safe and well somewhere of her own choosing.

I have known this happen with a friend, upped and left home after planning it for a while. Hard to think someone would do this and put family through these agonies, but there can be unknown reasons. I hope for a good outcome, but remain very concerned.

My concern is she did go off voluntarily with someone, but has come to harm at the hands of that person. Someone dodgy she met through websites. In which case she could be anywhere. I guess the police would know from her internet usage. But if they don’t have her phone - is that not a big source of tracing information?

I was just about to post the same thoughts!
The other thing that turned me a bit more in this direction was when her family made an appeal to her to contact someone, anyone, even if not them. I know others speculated early on that something could have been going on where she was possibly upset with her family, had an argument, etc. that might have resulted in her leaving. Although, if she was on her normal route to work (which is the assumption based on the video of her that morning)...I can talk myself into circles on this one. I don't know if it is likely that she was meeting someone if she was on her way to work, at the same time as usual, carrying the same bag as usual, etc.

My concern is she did go off voluntarily with someone, but has come to harm at the hands of that person. Someone dodgy she met through websites. In which case she could be anywhere. I guess the police would know from her internet usage. But if they don’t have her phone - is that not a big source of tracing information?

I certainly don't want to go O/T and we've heard dreadful stories of strangers met on websites, that has to be considered of course and I so hope Leah hasn't been influenced in that way.
Could it be someone she was very close to but her parents/family didn't approve of? This can still happen now.

Re phones, I am ignorant. Is it possible to buy a new sim - or just discard a current phone and buy a payg?
Quite probably stupid question, but just considering everything here.

Mobile providers can still give the police call and text records for a missing phone, they just go by the phone number.

However, as recent cases have shown, even having a victim's phone does not means access to any other data, including items protected/encrypted, eg messaging via certain apps.

I certainly don't want to go O/T and we've heard dreadful stories of strangers met on websites, that has to be considered of course and I so hope Leah hasn't been influenced in that way.
Could it be someone she was very close to but her parents/family didn't approve of? This can still happen now.

Re phones, I am ignorant. Is it possible to buy a new sim - or just discard a current phone and buy a payg?
Not stupid at all! If there was a "burner" phone involved, this would make it much more difficult to track Leah (or someone else who had the phone). Usually, people who have burner phones are located by searching local vendors that sell these phones and identifying someone who purchased it through video from the store or a credit card used to purchase it. This would take a lot more time than if her personal phone was on and they could get evidence or track her from that.

Mobile providers can still give the police call and text records for a missing phone, they just go by the phone number.

However, as recent cases have shown, even having a victim's phone does not means access to any other data, including items protected/encrypted, eg messaging via certain apps.

Oh ok like tinder for example?

You can buy a PAYG SIM card for as little as £1 in a shop and just fit it into an existing phone. It doesn't matter what type of phone it is; it's the SIM that makes a phone Pay Monthly or PAYG.

To top up a PAYG phone without leaving a paper trail, you go to the phone shop for whichever mobile provider you have chosen, and buy a top-up voucher for cash, rather than with a bank card. You type the voucher number into your phone and that will top up the credit to the amount paid.

All you've then got is the possibility of being seen shopping on cctv.

I know O2 do PAYG SIM cards for free through the post; it would be possible to get one sent to a different address, eg a friend, but it leaves a record with the company.

Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member