IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I go down Facebook rabbit holes with cases like this I become very, very concerned for the future of our world. There are some seriously uneducated people out there. It's very sad.
110%, I made the decision years ago to mentor foster kids that grew up in this mess. Best $50 i've ever spent.. but yes, concerning

The picture of her kissing the baby is telling as far as body language. She can't even look at the child, her eyes are looking away. This is not going to end well. I think she knows very well what happened to the baby and is just trying to cover it up IMO.
Remind me to comment once this case gets resolved as I am refraining from commenting atm. You and I have always been on the same wave length in these matters..

Poor baby. *sigh* If she's only 13 lbs that's really tiny. The mom's cover photo makes the baby look pretty underweight. I've had small babies. But of course none of mine have disappeared. I'm betting mom doesn't really know what baby even weighs because baby hasn't darkened the door of the pediatrician's office in some time.

Insearchof, I agree. The story is off. Here's some new information (one paragraph BBM):

Police in Indianapolis need help in finding a baby girl missing since last Thursday.

8-month-old Amaiah Robertson was last seen at a home along South Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis Thursday. Details of what may have led to her disappearance are unclear as IMPD continues to investigate.

The little girl's grandfather, Charles Robertson, said his daughter, the girl's mother, was involved in domestic dispute with her boyfriend on Friday at a friend's house. The boyfriend was arrested Saturday morning.

"I want my granddaughter alive," Robertson told WISH-TV. "I want her safe like any grandparent would. If she's hurt I want to know what happened."

Indianapolis Police Searching For Missing 8-month-old girl

The picture of her kissing the baby is telling as far as body language. She can't even look at the child, her eyes are looking away. This is not going to end well. I think she knows very well what happened to the baby and is just trying to cover it up IMO.
Even the baby is not engaging with the Mom. this is so sad.

Angela Brauer‏Verified account @AngelaBrauerTV

Angela Brauer Retweeted CBS4 Indy

Mom now clarifying that her ex-boyfriend took the baby Friday afternoon & was supposed to take Amiah to the babysitter's. The babysitter said they never showed. FF to Saturday: Amber Robertson says she & her ex got into a fight. That's when she reported the baby missing.

Angela Brauer on Twitter

It's clear in the news video that Amber Robertson, Amiah's mother, has a black eye, which I'm guessing is the result of the fight that Amber and her ex had on Friday. So Amber reports the baby missing the next day, Saturday. As others have commented, the ex-boyfriend is in jail, but his arrest doesn't appear to have anything to do with the altercation between Amber and her ex-boyfriend or the fact that Amiah is missing.
Instead, he was arrested two days ago, 3/17, for criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident.

So the mom asked her ex-boyfriend to drop her baby off at the sitter's house? That seems odd. Maybe Amber didn't have a car and asked the ex-boyfriend to drop the baby off at the sitter's house as a prelude to their date? As we know, the sitter said Amiah was not dropped off. I don't know whether the sitter was expecting her to be dropped off.

Watching the video, Amber is unsteady on her feet, rocking back and forth and her eyelids seem heavy. She seems to be on some kind of substance. Maybe she was given a sedative for anxiety?

Most recent video with mom....mom referred to her in past tense. Said boyfriend won't reveal whereabouts of the baby until she meets with him alone and she's afraid to be alone with him. Steve Jefferson, newscaster, Facebook page.

She just said her "little brother" asks about her. Um, isn't it an older brother?

Insearchof, I agree. The story is off. Here's some new information (one paragraph BBM):

Police in Indianapolis need help in finding a baby girl missing since last Thursday.

8-month-old Amaiah Robertson was last seen at a home along South Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis Thursday. Details of what may have led to her disappearance are unclear as IMPD continues to investigate.

The little girl's grandfather, Charles Robertson, said his daughter, the girl's mother, was involved in domestic dispute with her boyfriend on Friday at a friend's house. The boyfriend was arrested Saturday morning.

"I want my granddaughter alive," Robertson told WISH-TV. "I want her safe like any grandparent would. If she's hurt I want to know what happened."

Indianapolis Police Searching For Missing 8-month-old girl

Wait - earlier it was stated that the fight was on Saturday, and 'that's when she reported Amiah missing'
Did they fight Friday night AND Saturday morning?
Why did they need to fight in order for this parent to report her baby missing?
I finally watched her interview, after crawling all over her media this morning.
SHE was the one who says Amiah is 16lbs, with 'dark black hair and hazel eyes'
Seriously?
It's almost like she doesn't care, or wants people looking in the wrong direction or something.

Did they fight at the babysitters house as they arrived to pick up her baby, and learned she wasn't there? You know, the babysitter that never sent a text during the overnight date with an ex-bf to say 'hey, where's your baby?'

Nice date, too. Jeezy pete.

This is a trainwreck.

Homicide/ crime lab at the house now

Steve Jefferson
I used to shoot at the LEO range in Indy (which was open to the public on Saturdays when I lived there) and have met some of Indy's LEO's who volunteered as range officers at the time. (a much better alternative than going to B's guns where all the gangbangers went to target shoot). They were sharp and extremely hard working! Praying for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3