IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of her kissing the baby is telling as far as body language. She can't even look at the child, her eyes are looking away. This is not going to end well. I think she knows very well what happened to the baby and is just trying to cover it up IMO.

Agreed. Only one of the photos shows a baby that looks remotely engaged or happy.

I don't know if it's that the mom's story has changed or if it's the reporting that's changed, but I wonder if she knows a bit more than she's told in the media?

1 hour ago:

IMPD has focused their investigation with Crime Lab in the case of missing 8mo Amiah Robertson at the back of the house where she was supposed to be dropped off at babysitters on Holmes Ave on Indy’s SW side @WTHRcom @IMPDnews @scoopjefferson @cicrimestoppers

View attachment 175116

Steve Jefferson on Twitter

So they are searching the babysitters house? Do we know who was supposedly babysitting?

Most recent video with mom....mom referred to her in past tense. Said boyfriend won't reveal whereabouts of the baby until she meets with him alone and she's afraid to be alone with him. Steve Jefferson, newscaster, Facebook page.

She just said her "little brother" asks about her. Um, isn't it an older brother?
Here is food for thought, who is to say this child has been missing since Friday/Saturday.. according to any relative (outside of mom) I've heard, the latest anyone has seen them the baby was a week ago..

Here is food for thought, who is to say this child has been missing since Friday/Saturday.. according to any relative (outside of mom) I've heard, the latest anyone has seen them the baby was a week ago..

And if the walls were starting to close in and people were becoming suspicious, one might think it "smart" to build a lie/story around a convenient arrest for a completely unrelated crime and blame that person entirely.....

Last edited:
Trying to make sense of this situation. Was it the boyfriend who took the baby? Is he currently in jail?

Looking at the videos on this reporter's page, and I can't figure out if she was out with her current boyfriend or with the baby's dad? I think the mom said in one of the videos that she was getting closer to her baby's dad and her current boyfriend was getting jealous of that. Which one she had the fight with, which one was supposed to take the baby to the babysitter, and which one is in jail...I have no idea.

Steve Jefferson

Looking at the videos on this reporter's page, and I can't figure out if she was out with her current boyfriend or with the baby's dad? I think the mom said in one of the videos that she was getting closer to her baby's dad and her current boyfriend was getting jealous of that. Which one she had the fight with, which one was supposed to take the baby to the babysitter, and which one is in jail...I have no idea.

Steve Jefferson

OMG Thank You! I thought it was me!

A #SilverAlert has been issued for 8-month-old Amiah Robertson of Indianapolis. She is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance. Amiah was last seen Sat. afternoon in Indianapolis. Call 911 or Indianapolis Metro PD at 317-327-6540 with any information.

View attachment 175120

FBI Indianapolis on Twitter
The reason why this is a "Silver Alert" and not an Amber Alert is because Amiah didn't fit the Amber alert.

They couldn’t do an Amber Alert because someone knew where she was, and it didn’t fit in as a category for an Amber Alert,” Amber said.

Silver Alert issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

Wait - earlier it was stated that the fight was on Saturday, and 'that's when she reported Amiah missing'
Did they fight Friday night AND Saturday morning?
Why did they need to fight in order for this parent to report her baby missing?
I finally watched her interview, after crawling all over her media this morning.
SHE was the one who says Amiah is 16lbs, with 'dark black hair and hazel eyes'
Seriously?
It's almost like she doesn't care, or wants people looking in the wrong direction or something.

Did they fight at the babysitters house as they arrived to pick up her baby, and learned she wasn't there? You know, the babysitter that never sent a text during the overnight date with an ex-bf to say 'hey, where's your baby?'

Nice date, too. Jeezy pete.

This is a trainwreck.

Kadoober,

There has been so much conflicting information with regard to the description of Amiah and the circumstances under which she went missing, much of the confusing information coming from the mom herself.

As near as I can tell, the sequence of events is this:

Ex-boyfriend, who is not Amiah's father, is supposed to drop Amiah off at the babysitter's house before Amber and the ex-boyfriend have a Friday night date at Motel 6. (This information comes from Amber, Amiah's mother.)

An altercation occurs on Friday night between Amber and her ex-boyfriend. Amber appears to have a black eye as a result of that fight. More recently, information has come out saying the ex-boyfriend was upset that Amber was getting closer to Amiah's father. Obviously, the ex isn't truly an ex because he is still involved with Amber: he had a "date" with Amber last Friday and he was mad that she was growing closer to Amiah's father.

In my earlier post, I quoted Amiah's grandfather (Amber's dad) who said the dispute on Friday happened at a friend's house. So did they ever make it to Motel 6 or did an altercation happen before then? No information on who the friend is, at whose home the grandfather said they had the altercation.

I don't think the grandfather is a very reliable source of information because he said the ex-boyfriend was arrested Saturday morning due to the altercation he had with Amber on Friday, but that isn't true.

The ex-boyfriend's inmate form says he was arrested for criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident on Sunday.

Amber says she contacted police on Saturday to tell them she didn't know where Aliah was. Family members and Amber are implying the boyfriend took the baby somewhere other than the babysitter's house.

To me, all stories from the mother/family have been suspect so far. There is too much conflicting information coming from those sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998