Identified! UK - N.Yorkshire, 'Pennine Woman' AsianFem 376UFUK, 20-40, in water, Sep'04-Lamduan Seekanya

Much as I feel so sorry for the children, thinking their mum had left them voluntarily only to learn she was dead, but I'm staggered none of the north-west family twigged as it was all over local media.

Hmm well if they completely believed DA, had no reason to suspect anything, genuinely thought she had gone off..perhaps seeds were down in the previous months to bolster the story to come.. then why would they think it might be connected?

Hmm well if they completely believed DA, had no reason to suspect anything, genuinely thought she had gone off..perhaps seeds were down in the previous months to bolster the story to come.. then why would they think it might be connected?

Well, because she was Thai (not hugely common in the area). She was found only 20ish miles away. She was found soon after Lamduan vanished. And because the e-fit of her might as well have been an actual sketch. You'd think it would have crossed someone's mind, be it family, friends, colleagues, the local shopkeeper, indeed anyone who noticed she was gone.

lamduan.jpg

Well, because she was Thai (not hugely common in the area). She was found only 20ish miles away. She was found soon after Lamduan vanished. And because the e-fit of her might as well have been an actual sketch. You'd think it would have crossed someone's mind, be it family, friends, colleagues, the local shopkeeper, indeed anyone who noticed she was gone.

View attachment 175125

The e fit is interesting as it is clear it's her to us, strangers, let alone people who knew her. Now l remember somewhere reading they were living with his parents at the time..makes you wonder.

Edit from DM article on page 4:

'Mr Armitage and his wife were understood to have been living with his parents in Burton-in-Kendal, Cumbria. Lamdaun's body was found in 2004 in Horton-in-Ribblesdale'

*raises eyebrows*

Last edited:
The cause of death may be the deal breaker here. She either
A) was murdered
B) topped herself
C) had an accident

But as @CoverMeCagney put it, it’s deeply puzzling that neither the husband nor anyone in HIS family twigged it. And as I understand, she worked in a restaurant, according to her mum (??). So, she must have had workmates etc.

As for the obituary for her mum-in-law, if that’s indeed her MIL, it doesn’t make sense. Did his family reckon they were still married (hence,she couldn’t have had just ‘ran off’ to marry someone else)?

I’ll be interested to know if DA is with someone now and if so, the commencement of the relationship.

If her body had been stored elsewhere for days and transported that would be extensive decomposition and in that extent I imagine traces would still be detectable by cadaver dogs even today. I wonder if he owned a car.

I'm not sure what official agreements are in place, but I do know a man who was convicted of tax fraud and ran off to Thailand before sentencing. This was over 30 years ago, and he is still in Thailand today.

You'd have thought it would be in their best interests to extradite someone accused of murdering a thai national.

From the red-top.

OUR AGONY
‘Broken-hearted’ parents of ‘Lady of the Hills’ murder victim say tragedy has ‘destroyed their family’ and plead with Brit cops to catch her killer

“The following year her son Khwan moved to the UK to live with them and in May 1999 they had their second child, daughter Charlena.

But their marriage soon ran into difficulty. Joomsri said: “She said they had a problem keeping up with the mortgage payments on the house. Lamduan needed to work to earn money to pay for the mortgage.

“Then Lamduan told me they wanted to divorce. She said they both wanted to get the right to look after the children.
“One time before she went missing she had a problem with David so she came back to Thailand alone.”

Her parents had only met David and the children a couple of times and said they have not heard from him once since Lamduan vanished.

The next contact they had with any of her relatives was when her son George travelled to see them in 2016.

He was getting married and wanted his mum to attend the wedding and he quizzed his grandparents about her whereabouts.

Joomsri said: “George said David had told him that his mother had remarried and lived in Udon Thani which is near to our village.

“That was why George came to see us.

“It is impossible that Lamduan would come back here and not tell her family.

“By then I knew in my mind that Lamduan must be dead but it has still been a shock to learn that that is the case.

Link:
Parents of 'Lady of the Hills' murder victim tell of their years of anguish

Last edited:
North Yorkshire Police are appealing for information from those that know the Armitage family:

North Yorkshire Police is continuing to build a picture of Lamduan’s life in Thailand and at various places she lived in the UK between 1991 and 2004, including Portsmouth (Hampshire), Rugby (Warwickshire) and Preston (Lancashire).

It is also understood that Lamduan visited Thailand at some point between 2003 and 2004, but it is not known which part of the country she went to.

Police are working with the Crown Prosecution Service to obtain the legal authority to interview members of Lamduan’s family and conduct enquiries in Thailand with the co-operation and assistance of the Thai authorities, as well as conducting enquires in the UK.

Can you help?

We are seeking information from anyone who knew Lamduan Armitage nee Seekanya or her family between 1991 and up to the time she died in September 2004.

No matter how small or seemingly insignificant you think the information is, it could prove to be very important to help us establish details about Lamduan’s life and the circumstances surrounding her death.

Woman identified in 2004 Pen-y-Ghent body cold-case investigation - can you help? - North Yorkshire Police

After a 2007 coroners court returned a open verdict, the body was laid to rest in a local church graveyard where a kind local man gave up his personal plot. The burial and headstone gave birth to the local ‘lady of the hills’ legend after a name was given to the deceased woman. However, unwittingly, the kind hearted actions of the local public may have helped and contributed to the disguise what is increasingly looking like the grim murder of a Thai woman who came to Thailand in 1995 after she fell in love with a UK man working in her country.

It comes as a former British policeman, once involved in the case, has told the BBC that he believes that the Thai woman was murdered by her husband and dumped on the scenic Yorkshire hills where her body was subsequently found. He believes that the man may have ‘got away’ with the murder which for over a decade lay disguised by the scenic beauty of where the body was found in September 2004.

Link :
UK beauty spot may have disguised the grim murder of a Thai bride from Udon Thani for over a decade - Thai Examiner

Justice Ministry deputy permanent secretary Tawatchai Thaikyo said such matters could be brought before a Thai court even when the suspect is a foreigner and the crime is committed overseas.

“The court can render verdicts in such cases and also order compensation be paid to victims,” he said.

Husband of ‘Lady of the Hills’ Lamduan denies killing her - The Nation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back