Still Missing CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several of us in Luke's family have been following Noah's case closely. I personally don't see many similarities, but you might be right because I feel like there must be a reason we've been drawn to his case.

It is so frustrating to see DCF fail yet another child.

We can't blame CPS unless we are willing, as a society, to pump tons of taxpayer money into social services and make sure CPS workers have a manageable case load and resources available to track and assist at risk families.

Right now, the average social worker has a case load of about 45 kids. Each kid has to be visited once per month. Many of those kids live in different states and counties, placed with out of county relatives, by the dependency court because relative placement is preferred.

How the heck can one worker visit each of those children under such circumstances plus do all their other work (talking to doctors, teachers, witnesses, reading files, IEP's, going to meetings, drafting reports) and do an adequate job?

Did the grandparents try to get grandparents rights? Even if they tried it probably wouldn't have worked in the courts out here, not if one of the parents didn't want it. (I live in a neighboring city)
Does anyone know why the dad had custody? Was it ever a legal battle or was it just a power play he performed?

Love ya' but that's untrue. Under California law they would absolutely qualify for grandparents rights. I'm litigating a case right now. The law is California Family Code section 3104. Under the circumstances it would've been a given:

(a) On petition to the court by a grandparent of a minor child, the court may grant reasonable visitation rights to the grandparent if the court does both of the following:

(1) Finds that there is a preexisting relationship between the grandparent and the grandchild that has engendered a bond such that visitation is in the best interest of the child.

(2) Balances the interest of the child in having visitation with the grandparent against the right of the parents to exercise their parental authority.

California Code, Family Code - FAM § 3104 | FindLaw

Moreover, had they applied for a guardianship when they had the kids, no one would've been able to rip the kids away from them.

Is anyone familiar with family court in Riverside County? I am struggling to understand how Bryce got custody of Noah. I found the original paternity case in OC Court but wasn’t able to find records relating to his custody in Riverside County. Shouldn’t this be the type of thing where court orders are involved?

I am. I'm surprised you were able to find anything. Parentage cases are confidential in California. Support cases aren't though so the OC case might've been a support case. If you give me the case number I can look up the docs next time I'm in court.

But if the grandparents didn't have formal custody all the parents had to do was pick them up. It appears mom got the kids and she's on the birth certificate. So she has that ability. If she then got back with dad and he was declared the father as part of a child support case, no custody orders would be needed for either parent to have the legal right to possession of those kids.

The grandparents made a mistake in not filing for guardianship.

I also realized something different between their bookings. It looks like Bryce has an additional charge attached with his booking which the mom doesn’t have. I’m not an expert and trying to google what it means but perhaps someone with more legal experience knows. A quick search for that PC and description is showing things like sexual assault on a child so I suspect there is a whole laundry list of awful charges under 300 - Dep Child Jurisdiction

Love ya' but that's untrue. Under California law they would absolutely qualify for grandparents rights. I'm litigating a case right now. The law is California Family Code section 3104. Under the circumstances it would've been a given:

(a) On petition to the court by a grandparent of a minor child, the court may grant reasonable visitation rights to the grandparent if the court does both of the following:

(1) Finds that there is a preexisting relationship between the grandparent and the grandchild that has engendered a bond such that visitation is in the best interest of the child.

(2) Balances the interest of the child in having visitation with the grandparent against the right of the parents to exercise their parental authority.

California Code, Family Code - FAM § 3104 | FindLaw

Moreover, had they applied for a guardianship when they had the kids, no one would've been able to rip the kids away from them.

Sounds like more time should be spent educating/informing responsible, loving, family members of their rights and the "ins and outs" of this completely screwed up system. I just can't get myself to the point of "The grandparents made a mistake in not filing for guardianship." The mistake was made by the people directly responsible for this boys demise. Sorry...

A neighbor boy around the same age, just said on the news that he saw the dad hit him one time when they were playing. There is still SWAT and police searching in the apartment. According to KTLA the dad isn’t cooperating with the police.
The hills nearby the apartment were searched due to some clue given but nothing was found.

Last edited:
Sounds like more time should be spent educating/informing responsible, loving, family members of their rights and the "ins and outs" of this completely screwed up system. I just can't get myself to the point of "The grandparents made a mistake in not filing for guardianship." The mistake was made by the people directly responsible for this boys demise. Sorry...

What if they didn't file for guardianship , because the adult sperm and egg donor had threatened them ?

As in the male donor saying to the grandparents and other relatives who cared about these kids : " Look, you file for anything, or attempt visitation -- and I will break every one of the kids' bones."
Although I cannot see this defendant openly saying this --he seems cunning and crafty, the type who would punch a child and then turn around and say that he 'tried to keep the kid from falling down the stairs ...'.

And if the relatives tried to have him arrested-- he'd just say-- "What ? I never said anything threatening. We have no arguments with anyone. We're decent people and great parents." (Gag.)

Unsure if the defendants did any threatening actions, but it wouldn't surprise me.
And is it possible the grandparents, aunt, and other relatives didn't know they could file , and possibly win custody ?
If they didn't , how utterly tragic.

deleted by me
Now I'm curious. Jk. :)

A neighbor boy around the same age, just said on the news that he saw the dad hit him one time when they were playing. There is still SWAT and police searching in the apartment. According to KTLA the dad isn’t cooperating with the police.
The hills nearby the apartment were searched due to some clue given but nothing was found.
Kid are pretty observant !
Sometimes more than the rest of us who are adults.
In the video, a young woman said she never saw anything and that the male defendant (in her opinion) was a good parent .
Evidently she didn't spend much time with the pair......

It's NEVER a good sign when the plumber arrives.
^^^ "Ain't" that the truth !

Graphic following :

Possibly this pair tried to dismember Noah and flush him into the septic system ? :(
If they could kill a child-- they could've desecrated his body as well.

Sorry -- feeling so negative. I just hate it when someone takes a child away, who is thriving -- and subjects him/her to a horrific life.
This will impact his sister forever.

I also realized something different between their bookings. It looks like Bryce has an additional charge attached with his booking which the mom doesn’t have. I’m not an expert and trying to google what it means but perhaps someone with more legal experience knows. A quick search for that PC and description is showing things like sexual assault on a child so I suspect there is a whole laundry list of awful charges under 300 - Dep Child Jurisdiction

Can you screen shot? I will look it up.

Well that's true. But I think if you have kids in your care it's important to research options to keep them safe, if you're not the parent. Orange County and Riverside/San Bernardino counties make this very easy. Most people who file guardianships - which admittedly are complicated - are without counsel. I see them in court. Because they have tons of information on the court websites and self-help workshops that walk them through the process step by step and help them with the paperwork.

The reason for this is because it helps the overburdened foster care system if relatives step in before things get bad.

I do think it was a mistake not to file for a guardianship but I'm certainly not blaming them for this sweet child's demise.

And one never knows the circumstances someone is dealing with.

Can you screen shot? I will look it up.

Here you go, hopefully this is helpful.

4hv03t.jpg
e9t5j4.jpg

I can't help but think while the children were living at the grandparents the mother was living there too.
There might not have been any worry about needing to take guardianship at that time.
Of course, we don't know all the circumstances yet.

I keep telling myself that I won't click on another missing child's thread, but inevitably I do because I want to believe that things will turn out okay.

I'm just so sorry for Noah. I'm sorry he's had such a hard life for such a young boy. I'm sorry that he had to leave his grandparents loving and safe home and be subjected to God Only Knows what at the hands of these 'parents'. Sorry that he is probably deceased at the hands of one/both of then. I feel awful for the grandparents, I know their hearts must be broken. Where are the remaining children at now?

Will the violence against these innocent children ever end? How can we help? Honestly, how can an average person even begin to help bring about a change? No child deserves to be mistreated ever, never, by anyone especially not those who are supposed to be their biggest protectors.

I'm so sorry :(

If any family or close friends are interested, becoming a Verified Insider on Websleuths can be an invaluable resource for spreading the word about Noah. I've noticed that cases with an active Insider can have more engagement and keep people talking about the case (which is so important!).

Here are the steps for becoming a Verified Insider.

I am so happy to see you are still hanging around with us, FLA. I hope you are doing well. I still think of our little Batman everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member