CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the defense is so hung up on the futon cover??

Because the investigator's used it in the probable cause affidavit's to support search warrants. If they are obtaining search warrants under false pretences, that should be an issue. It wasn't just the futon cover, it was also about the paint tray, which seems so irrelevant, yet they used it to support their probable cause and it was false based on his report and interview with Susan Blake. IIRC even McG said that it had the tinfoil. This "tinfoil" issue came up earlier in the trial as well when Steer's testified.

I had actually come across a new story that I bookmarked awhile back... unfortunately I was unable to get the video's to play in it, but I do recall this from back in 2010.... Mikey gave reporters a "tour" of the house in March 2010.

Brother Offers Tour of Missing Family's Home

Looks like there is a cover on the futon IMO.

I read that MSM told JM to get rid of CM from the business or MSM wouldn't deal with JM anymore?
So yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if JM said something to Merritt just prior to the murders happening. IMO
Will have to look for that article now to try and post a link.
IMO though, if Joey's end goal was to have a warehouse where everything was done in one place, including the IT, fabrication, shipping, etc., where he had control and could oversee everything, wouldn't this mean that MSM was going to be cut out? So if MSM said it's us or Chase... maybe Joey decided he would rather get rid of MSM?

Because the investigator's used it in the probable cause affidavit's to support search warrants. If they are obtaining search warrants under false pretences, that should be an issue. It wasn't just the futon cover, it was also about the paint tray, which seems so irrelevant, yet they used it to support their probable cause and it was false based on his report and interview with Susan Blake. IIRC even McG said that it had the tinfoil. This "tinfoil" issue came up earlier in the trial as well when Steer's testified.

I had actually come across a new story that I bookmarked awhile back... unfortunately I was unable to get the video's to play in it, but I do recall this from back in 2010.... Mikey gave reporters a "tour" of the house in March 2010.

Brother Offers Tour of Missing Family's Home

Looks like there is a cover on the futon IMO.
BBM, It is a Fact though there was a futon cover in the grave isn't it?
Perhaps the McStays had more than one futon cover?

This was almost a year after the grave's were discovered... even I could have told you where they were after a quick google search. JMO
*Cathy obviously DIDN'T google it*o_O Chase told her his sister told him, which was a lie. Why lie if it's easy as a google search ...but he KNEW already where the grave site was because he told his sister, again why lie?

BBM No, not at all. IIRC it was more consistent with a woven blanket, and it didn't have any zippers, etc. on it like would be been on a futon cover.
It says perhaps a futon cover in this article. So i guess if it wasn't actually a futon cover, then the futon cover is a moot point.
(quote)
and his body was then wrapped in some sort of material, perhaps a futon cover, which had degraded in the grave.
Trial starts today for accused killer of the McStays, a Fallbrook family, who disappeared in 2010

It says perhaps a futon cover in this article. So i guess if it wasn't actually a futon cover, then the futon cover is a moot point.
(quote)
and his body was then wrapped in some sort of material, perhaps a futon cover, which had degraded in the grave.
Trial starts today for accused killer of the McStays, a Fallbrook family, who disappeared in 2010
This is from OS's, we have heard testimony since then... IMO it is 99.9999% NOT the futon cover. I will see if I can find who testified about it and post it later for you :)

*Cathy obviously DIDN'T google it*o_O Chase told her his sister told him, which was a lie. Why lie if it's easy as a google search ...but he KNEW already where the grave site was because he told his sister, again why lie?
Yes, but why lie about it to his partner? He was gaslighting her, right then and there.

I got the impression that Cathy was not very tech savvy from her testimony, but not sure LOL

As for what he did and didn't tell Cathy... who knows... they were no longer a couple at this time, in 2014, he was with someone else, I have no idea why he would or wouldn't say something to Cathy.

Sounds like we will actually be able to hear the recordings whenever they decide to hold a court date haha They plan on playing them.

IMO though, if Joey's end goal was to have a warehouse where everything was done in one place, including the IT, fabrication, shipping, etc., where he had control and could oversee everything, wouldn't this mean that MSM was going to be cut out? So if MSM said it's us or Chase... maybe Joey decided he would rather get rid of MSM?

True, but that was going to take a long while. And he needed to continue with the incoming orders in the meantime. And he had already passed most of the work over to MSM because they were more reliable and responsible than CM.

So eventually, I agree, Joey probably wanted to own his own MSM type warehouse. But until then, he relied more upon MSM than he could rely upon Chase.

I got the impression that Cathy was not very tech savvy from her testimony, but not sure LOL

As for what he did and didn't tell Cathy... who knows... they were no longer a couple at this time, in 2014, he was with someone else, I have no idea why he would or wouldn't say something to Cathy.

Sounds like we will actually be able to hear the recordings whenever they decide to hold a court date haha They plan on playing them.
I can't believe the trial is stalled again until next week, o_O

True, but that was going to take a long while. And he needed to continue with the incoming orders in the meantime. And he had already passed most of the work over to MSM because they were more reliable and responsible than CM.

So eventually, I agree, Joey probably wanted to own his own MSM type warehouse. But until then, he relied more upon MSM than he could rely upon Chase.
I agree that is probably what was going on.

Unfortunately it is impossible to really have this discussion if you haven't watched the Netflix documentary, because that documentary looks at more than the disappearance. It examines the court of public opinion, among other issues relevant to this case.
So you know more of that case because you watched a documentary?

I love that people think all they have to do is watch a documentary and they consider themselves "educated" and an expert to discuss the topic. And people believe Steven Avery is innocent because of 'compelling documentaries'.

So you know more of that case because you watched a documentary?

I love that people think all they have to do is watch a documentary and they consider themselves "educated" and an expert to discuss the topic. And people believe Steven Avery is innocent because of 'compelling documentaries'.
Apart from that , Force, I am floored by what the defense team has presented thus far. Really disappointed. From OS I thought we would be dazzled by these stellar, highly educated expert witnesses. Instead they are grilling the mother of one of the victims about withdrawals from the accounts?

You're right, because there is much more that Merritt pilfered from her. What a great guy he was.
His DA, Maline, needs to find another career. The questioning of SB was so inept, it made me cringe. It also opened a rather devastating cross by the PA detailing another 15K or so grifted by her son's "close friend" Chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151