Found Deceased UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

I just thought it was an odd way to put it. Probably just reading too much into it.

Hard not to I guess when there's so little information. It's natural if you leave gaps people will try to fill them in. If he's not harmed himself (I don't feel he has) I imagine that statement from the family will disappoint him.

I have not seen any public statements by Liams biological father and stepfather in regards to Liam's disappearance. This is the time to put away family differences and work together to find Liam.
I believe this is a domestic issue which resulted in Liam running away from home.

Don't know why, second families are so common these days it seems very strange not see everyone pull together. What exactly is the issue?

Don't know why, second families are so common these days it seems very strange not see everyone pull together. What exactly is the issue?

Hi @Watergate I have been following Liams thread since Nov 2018, there has never been any creditable (concrete) information about "why" Liam is missing?? Never been a Press Conference held (that I remember) with family members attending, which (IMO) is extremely odd! Liam is 16 years old, a young teenager.......I expected some members of his family would be concerned enough to request a Press Conference to actively highlight the fact that Liam is still missing & has been since the 18/11/2018 (not just, relying on Facebook postings!) Putting family dynamics aside ( ? big family secret??) because Liam is missing & only 16 years old, very young!!!!!!!

All JMHO

Hi @Watergate I have been following Liams thread since Nov 2018, there has never been any creditable (concrete) information about "why" Liam is missing?? Never been a Press Conference held (that I remember) with family members attending, which (IMO) is extremely odd! Liam is 16 years old, a young teenager.......I expected some members of his family would be concerned enough to request a Press Conference to actively highlight the fact that Liam is still missing & has been since the 18/11/2018 (not just, relying on Facebook postings!) Putting family dynamics aside ( ? big family secret??) because Liam is missing & only 16 years old, very young!!!!!!!

All JMHO

@LadyNada exactly. It's as if the family want to find him but not at any cost. Whrn asked questions on their official page people were blocked and questions deleted. Same on twitter. They just want the public to share the generic information but not ask questions. This seems odd for a missing persons case. If it's an issue of privacy, what can be more inpimport than getting your son home. Unless of course they're aware his ok but can't very it. That might explain the whole issue if he's run away and won't reveal whereabouts?

@LadyNada exactly. It's as if the family want to find him but not at any cost. Whrn asked questions on their official page people were blocked and questions deleted. Same on twitter. They just want the public to share the generic information but not ask questions. This seems odd for a missing persons case. If it's an issue of privacy, what can be more inpimport than getting your son home. Unless of course they're aware his ok but can't very it. That might explain the whole issue if he's run away and won't reveal whereabouts?

Surely the police would be the first point of contact? Who's Andy Gibson? Is he a journalist?
He’s a journalist with STV - Andy Gibson (@AndyGibsonTV) | Twitter

He also operates the Liam Smith twitter account according to this tweet:

The account, @FindLiamSmith, is sanctioned by #LiamSmith's family, and operated by @AndyGibsonTV.

Any information regarding Liam's disappearance should ONLY be passed to @NorthEPolice or @CrimeStoppersUK.

#FindLiamSmith

F0E76358-66D3-4811-A090-AAE23AB36CF9.jpeg

THE FIND LIAM SMITH CAMPAIGN | ABERDEEN on Twitter

He’s a journalist with STV - Andy Gibson (@AndyGibsonTV) | Twitter

He also operates the Liam Smith twitter account according to this tweet:

The account, @FindLiamSmith, is sanctioned by #LiamSmith's family, and operated by @AndyGibsonTV.

Any information regarding Liam's disappearance should ONLY be passed to @NorthEPolice or @CrimeStoppersUK.

#FindLiamSmith

View attachment 174829

THE FIND LIAM SMITH CAMPAIGN | ABERDEEN on Twitter
Oh yes I remember he was tweeting in January if anyone could tell him if there were any searches in the Crathes or Banchory area. Which is odd if he's representing the family as they were saying there was. In fact if you check his tweets he claims the lack of updates is shocking. Maybe he wasn't kept in the loop but as the official Twitter page for Liam you might imagine he would be.

Just so weird. All the silence leads to much speculation on my part. Although I first thought self-harm, I believe he would have been found by now. Other than than, I have no sense of him, at all. Why are we not hearing from his family and friends?

Just so weird. All the silence leads to much speculation on my part. Although I first thought self-harm, I believe he would have been found by now. Other than than, I have no sense of him, at all. Why are we not hearing from his family and friends?

That's a very good question. They seem to interpret the police finding all evidence ending in Crathes means liam hasn't moved beyond there. That there's only a recovery operation in place. Which the policethemselves have withdrawn from. Make of that what you will. Because it makes no logical sense to me.

That's absolutely fantastic news! Well done you! Thats the most substantial update in a long while. Glad to see he has details.

Regarding reporter Andy Gibson previously mentioned, I tweeted him asking if there were any updates on Liam, just got this reply:

Andy Gibson‏ @AndyGibsonTV

Andy Gibson Retweeted Help the Missing

@NorthEPolice are currently performing various strategic searches in the Aberdeenshire area with the support of @PolScotDogs & @PolScotAir. Also multiple lines of enquiry, locally, are being carried out. #LiamSmith #FindLiamSmith

Andy Gibson on Twitter

Regarding reporter Andy Gibson previously mentioned, I tweeted him asking if there were any updates on Liam, just got this reply:

@NorthEPolice are currently performing various strategic searches in the Aberdeenshire area with the support of @PolScotDogs & @PolScotAir. Also multiple lines of enquiry, locally, are being carried out. #LiamSmith #FindLiamSmith

Andy Gibson on Twitter

Thanks for posting this news HayLouise, it's great that you're keeping Liam's name out there on Websleuths!

From the searches still taking place, and the multiple lines of enquiry locally it would seem that there's hope that Liam could be staying somewhere and is alive and well - i certainly hope so anyway.

Andy Gibson on Twitter

I wonder what the multiple lines of enquiry locally could be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back