Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

The article said they were gone a little over an hour. JC said 45 minutes.
I have seen anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes.
But remember, just because the aunt noticed she was missing when they returned doesn't mean that she wasn't still in the trailer next door at that point. I don't think that trailer was searched the first day, or the blood would have been spotted. So he could have removed her later that night after the search was suspended. We don't know when he actually took her out to the woods, nor do we know the actual time of death.

This is a tough one to read. I don’t know where the blood came from. There was mention of a machete but only that it was on the drag path. There is no mention of any other wounds other than strangulation. There is no mention of SA, but I’m not sure there would be at this point.

MOO
There was, however, mention of a knife, found with the remains of the blue rope.
He obviously did something that caused all that blood. They did mention that her face was red and discolored, but they didn't say whether or not that was due strictly to the strangulation.
As for SA, that remains to be seen.
I'm sure all of that will be clear in the autopsy report.

I have seen anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes.
But remember, just because the aunt noticed she was missing when they returned doesn't mean that she wasn't still in the trailer next door at that point. I don't think that trailer was searched the first day, or the blood would have been spotted. So he could have removed her later that night after the search was suspended. We don't know when he actually took her out to the woods, nor do we know the actual time of death.
Excellent point. Thank you.

100% creep JMO

ETA We can’t sleuth his children, but I guess they are old enough to know what bondage is (I want to put a “?” At the end of this sentence). :confused:
If I remember correctly from the children’s photos on social media, they are still young, as in maybe 3, 4 or 5 at most. At that age, they can carry on a pretty good conversation but not realize how telling their words are. Not to mention, they can describe bondage in very elementary terms such as “tied up.” Dad is one sick pr*ck and I’m glad he wont be back in their lives. What a horrible childhood they’ve had so far. I hope this is a wake up call to Mom to get her life together and raise her babies in a safe loving home going forward.

There was, however, mention of a knife, found with the remains of the blue rope.
He obviously did something that caused all that blood. They did mention that her face was red and discolored, but they didn't say whether or not that was due strictly to the strangulation.
As for SA, that remains to be seen.
I'm sure all of that will be clear in the autopsy report.
Sorry to be graphic here, but couldn’t the skin coloration help pinpoint time of death? The redness of skin could indicate livor mortis.
MOO and again sorry for being graphic.

This is a tough one to read. I don’t know where the blood came from. There was mention of a machete but only that it was on the drag path. There is no mention of any other wounds other than strangulation. There is no mention of SA, but I’m not sure there would be at this point.

MOO

They wouldn't announce the SA at this time.

Sadly, I think we all know what his depraved motive was against this totally innocent little child.

MOO

Dead bodies don't bleed. IMO what ever he did to Amberly which caused so much blood to be inside the house, he did while she was alive.

I'm thinking he maybe used the knife as a way to control her and he maybe cut or stabbed her, he then tied her up with rope and eventually strangled her.

JMO

A dark hair was also found on Amberly’s stomach. According to linked article below.

This is very disturbing. I don't even want to speculate how this hair got on Amberly's stomach. But the fact that CM is balding makes one think the hair didn't come from the head and I doubt its from his beard either.

JMO

Capital murder charge goes to grand jury

5c913dc20c18e.image.jpg

Last edited:
Dead bodies don't bleed. IMO what ever he did to Amberly which caused so much blood to be inside the house, he did while she was alive.

I'm thinking he maybe used the knife as a way to control her and he maybe cut or stabbed her, he then tied her up with rope and eventually strangled her.

JMO

Exactly.

Just because the strangulation caused her death, it doesnt mean the ME didn't find other severe injuries she had endured before her death.

Since he was into bandage, I also believe it included torture. He could have tormented her by injuring her with a knife or another bludgeoning weapon he used to strike her when he had her helplessly bound. I think if he used a bludgeoning weapon to strike her it would explain the blood spatter found.

Of course it could be cast off blood from when he was using the knife I guess.

Also the SA of such a young small child would also leave blood on the mattress. Imo

I think he put her through hell in earth before he killed her. He is a depraved monster.

My heart weeps for Amberly.

Exactly.

Just because the strangulation caused her death, it doesnt mean the ME didn't find other severe injuries she had endured before her death.

Since he was into bandage, I also believe it included torture. He could have tormented her by injuring her with a knife or another bludgeoning weapon he used to strike her when he had her helplessly bound. I think if he used a bludgeoning weapon to strike her it would explain the blood spatter found.

Of course it could be cast off blood from when he was using the knife I guess.

Also the SA of such a young small child would also leave blood on the mattress. Imo

I think he put her through hell in earth before he killed her. He is a depraved monster.

My heart weeps for Amberly.
I considered blood from rough or first-time sex also, which some of the blood may be from just that, but I don't think sexual activity or rape alone would produce the quantity of blood in which we are reading about.

JMO

JMO
ITA this depraved degenerate must have inflicted pain beyond description on this poor child.

ETA JMO

I considered blood from rough or first-time sex also, which some of the blood may be from just that, but I don't think sexual activity or rape alone would produce the quantity of blood in which we are reading about.

JMO

I agree.

That's why I mentioned previously it had to be cast off blood from either a knife or a bludgeoning weapon he used to strike her before her death.

The only thing about it being a knife that gives me pause, is to leave that kind of blood spatter, he would have to have been using a lot of force behind each stab for blood spatter to be found.

That means he would have to be in a forceful fast motion when stabbing her, and her blood would be casting off the knife, due to the force behind it, and the fast motion of the knife being weilded at the time of the knife movements in a forward, and backward repeated motion. Imo

If he used the knife to cut her when he was up close to her, but not forceful enough to cause her death, I dont think they would have found all of the blood evidence where they did.

To cause this much blood spatter using a knife then I cant see how she wouldn't have died from those horrific knife wounds.

Jmoo though.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam