CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • KB told CB she didn’t get home till about 4 a.m. on Nov. 22 after meeting with PF on Nov. 21 to check on cattle. CB thought PF’s cattle were located in Westcliffe, but she wasn’t sure
  • KB told CB that PF was suffering from a stomach ulcer on Nov 21. CB told agent Slater that KB dropped off PF, went to the WP Walmart to get medicine for PF the night of Nov. 21 and went back to Florissant to give him the medicine.
  • KK and PF spoke on the phone. KK says he asked her what KK was doing on Thanksgiving.
  • Info taken for Tippy's timeline concerning Nov. 21
So I am wondering if they were in Kelsey's truck when they went to check cattle? She dropped him off and then went to WP to get stomach meds for PF and returned to the ranch to give the meds to him,then returned back to WP and not getting in bed until 4 a.m. The mention of KK saying on the 24 th they went by the condo to pick PF truck up makes you wonder if they were in his truck and she took it home?
This may not be of importance, but if she took PF truck home, then someone had to bring him back to get it on the 22 nd so he could make his Walmart run. If someone brought him to pick his truck up on the morning of the 22 nd, who was it?
Adding: could he of had two trucks at KB on the morning of the 22nd one in back possibly and then on the morning of the 22nd did he drive his other truck that morning to KB's condo pick up babyK and then return and we all know the story from there. Hope this is not confusing?

Last edited:
So I am wondering if they were in Kelsey's truck when they went to check cattle? She dropped him off and then went to WP to get stomach meds for PF and returned to the ranch to give the meds to him,then returned back to WP and not getting in bed until 4 a.m. The mention of KK saying on the 24 th they went by the condo to pick PF truck up makes you wonder if they were in his truck and she took it home?
This may not be of importance, but if she took PF truck home, then someone had to bring him back to get it on the 22 nd so he could make his Walmart run. If someone brought him to pick his truck up on the morning of the 22 nd, who was it?
Adding: could he of had two trucks at KB on the morning of the 22nd one in back possibly and then on the morning of the 22nd did he drive his other truck that morning to KB's condo pick up babyK and then return and we all know the story from there. Hope this is not confusing?
It certainly is possible that she drove his truck. I actually hadn't thought about that before. I'll have to think about that and how it could affect things. Thats some good thinking, Hatch.

I thought PF possibly set up the cattle run so they took KK's truck because he was considering making her 'disappear' somewhere that night. He'd dump her, drive himself and Baby K back to the condo, pick up his own truck and go back to the ranchette.

That's pure speculation on my part, because I haven't seen any evidence about whose truck they took to do the cattle run or where they met up.

It certainly is possible that she drove his truck. I actually hadn't thought about that before. I'll have to think about that and how it could affect things. Thats some good thinking, Hatch.
We do know that PF's red truck that was seen by the neighbour on the 22nd was taken by LE. On the morning of his arrest he was in a blue/green (?) truck and if I'm not mistaken, on the day of the publicized transfer station run with his two buddies, he was in a white truck. He obviously had access to more trucks than most :) I too have wondered about PF and KK returning to the condo to pick up his truck.

We do know that PF's red truck that was seen by the neighbour on the 22nd was taken by LE. On the morning of his arrest he was in a blue/green (?) truck and if I'm not mistaken, on the day of the publicized transfer station run with his two buddies, he was in a white truck. He obviously had access to more trucks than most :) I too have wondered about PF and KK returning to the condo to pick up his truck.
BBM - With regard to PF having access to more trucks than most, he may have inherited his late father's truck. Pure speculation and MOO.

Hi all Eve here,
This is my first post so correct any rule violations/mistakes so I can learn. Been following this closely:

My opinion:
PF is the brains here, particularly given his temperament and stronger motive (even if it’s vicariously through his family.) He wasn’t “leaving KB for KK,” he was using a desperate and pathetic woman. She strikes me as the type to fall in love with and wed serial killers on death row, driving thousands of miles to do his bidding, not unlike Kelsey’s sad last night on earth. I think he did it but there is reasonable doubt for that, and I believe they charged him twice with murder for that reason, the second charge being murder “alone or with another person” and adding robbery to make it a felony murder conviction (the party to a crime thing-you don’t have to be there-not sure if CO even has it or if that’s what they’re doing but that’s what I “heard”.)

My concerns:
Specifically,

* in one of the threads with the extremely detailed timeline with almost court transcripts, it says specifically that PF called a burner phone that pinged near him on the 22nd. The CBI testifying says that twice. Am I misinterpreting that? If not, then the prosecution has a real problem. Because that would support KK being there (southwest of KB’s house I think). How she could be in Ida the 23rd to trade cars I don’t know but it’s not good. Particularly since she admitted to burning multiple burner phones.
*KK says she was “instructed” to go to KB’s house to send a text. That implies that they aren’t stupid when it comes to cell phones. So what, then, is the purpose of burner phones? Surely PF knows that having KB’s phone with him for two days sending messages back and forth is not him being stupid. It must be purposeful.
*Generally I’m allergic to conspiracy theories but I believe he is trying to frame KK who is by no means innocent but they will pin it all on her and I’m afraid at least one juror will buy it. If they were using burners will there be evidence beyond her word of the solicitations? If not, that will be gone.

I see KK’s thrice attempted murders (if true) as-hear me out-more of a testament to her character. Not compared to a normal person- but compared to him. If that is true and they can prove it, it shows that she was pathetic and immoral but ultimately couldn’t or wouldn’t do it. I think PF could as he’s abusive to animals and that tells me all I need to know.

Bottom line: they’re both equally involved. The CSI effect though makes people confuse “reasonable” doubt with “bloody fingerprints and a video of the murder.” I mean, look at all of Scott Peterson’s supporters-there’s’s an astounding amount of circumstantial evidence but an enormous amount of people think he’s innocent. There is much less here. They’re both involved and I fear they may both walk. Poor KB, baby K and dear sweet CB. It’s always the sweetest and least deserving it seems that this happens to.

That was a lot. Any thoughts welcome, especially if you have more information/evidence re: burner phone communication on the 22nd. CBI agent confirms it twice that he is either by his or her house and the burner is Southwest of Kb’s House and then Divide. Problematic!

Hi all Eve here,
This is my first post so correct any rule violations/mistakes so I can learn. Been following this closely:

My opinion:
PF is the brains here, particularly given his temperament and stronger motive (even if it’s vicariously through his family.) He wasn’t “leaving KB for KK,” he was using a desperate and pathetic woman. She strikes me as the type to fall in love with and wed serial killers on death row, driving thousands of miles to do his bidding, not unlike Kelsey’s sad last night on earth. I think he did it but there is reasonable doubt for that, and I believe they charged him twice with murder for that reason, the second charge being murder “alone or with another person” and adding robbery to make it a felony murder conviction (the party to a crime thing-you don’t have to be there-not sure if CO even has it or if that’s what they’re doing but that’s what I “heard”.)

My concerns:
Specifically,

* in one of the threads with the extremely detailed timeline with almost court transcripts, it says specifically that PF called a burner phone that pinged near him on the 22nd. The CBI testifying says that twice. Am I misinterpreting that? If not, then the prosecution has a real problem. Because that would support KK being there (southwest of KB’s house I think). How she could be in Ida the 23rd to trade cars I don’t know but it’s not good. Particularly since she admitted to burning multiple burner phones.
*KK says she was “instructed” to go to KB’s house to send a text. That implies that they aren’t stupid when it comes to cell phones. So what, then, is the purpose of burner phones? Surely PF knows that having KB’s phone with him for two days sending messages back and forth is not him being stupid. It must be purposeful.
*Generally I’m allergic to conspiracy theories but I believe he is trying to frame KK who is by no means innocent but they will pin it all on her and I’m afraid at least one juror will buy it. If they were using burners will there be evidence beyond her word of the solicitations? If not, that will be gone.

I see KK’s thrice attempted murders (if true) as-hear me out-more of a testament to her character. Not compared to a normal person- but compared to him. If that is true and they can prove it, it shows that she was pathetic and immoral but ultimately couldn’t or wouldn’t do it. I think PF could as he’s abusive to animals and that tells me all I need to know.

Bottom line: they’re both equally involved. The CSI effect though makes people confuse “reasonable” doubt with “bloody fingerprints and a video of the murder.” I mean, look at all of Scott Peterson’s supporters-there’s’s an astounding amount of circumstantial evidence but an enormous amount of people think he’s innocent. There is much less here. They’re both involved and I fear they may both walk. Poor KB, baby K and dear sweet CB. It’s always the sweetest and least deserving it seems that this happens to.

That was a lot. Any thoughts welcome, especially if you have more information/evidence re: burner phone communication on the 22nd. CBI agent confirms it twice that he is either by his or her house and the burner is Southwest of Kb’s House and then Divide. Problematic!
Welcome to Websleuths, eve9059! :) Are you able to provide any more detail as to where this (see BBM) was stated? I looked, but am unable to find it, but it sounds like someone may have confused the pings between KB/PF's phone with those of KK/PF.

Regarding Adams' testimony about the calls on Nov 22:

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
The prosecution asked Adams to detail the information that officers learned from a warrant on Frazee and Berreth’s respective cell phones.

Adams said there were two calls between the former couple on Nov. 22 — the day Berreth was last seen. Both of their phones pinged off the tower that services Berreth’s apartment at around 12:30 p.m. that day, Adams said, and sometime that evening, both phones pinged off a tower indicating they were headed west.

MOO

Last edited:
My opinion:
PF is the brains here,
particularly given his temperament and stronger motive (even if it’s vicariously through his family.) He wasn’t “leaving KB for KK,” he was using a desperate and pathetic woman. She strikes me as the type to fall in love with and wed serial killers on death row, driving thousands of miles to do his bidding, not unlike Kelsey’s sad last night on earth. I think he did it but there is reasonable doubt for that, and I believe they charged him twice with murder for that reason, the second charge being murder “alone or with another person” and adding robbery to make it a felony murder conviction (the party to a crime thing-you don’t have to be there-not sure if CO even has it or if that’s what they’re doing but that’s what I “heard”.)

BBM, what a scary thought.
Welcome to WS, Eve!

Welcome to Websleuths, eve9059! :) Are you able to provide any more detail as to where this (see BBM) was stated? I looked, but am unable to find it, but it sounds like someone may have confused the pings between KB/PF's phone with those of KK/PF.

Regarding the two calls the morning of Nov 22:

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
The prosecution asked Adams to detail the information that officers learned from a warrant on Frazee and Berreth’s respective cell phones.

Adams said there were two calls between the former couple on Nov. 22 — the day Berreth was last seen. Both of their phones pinged off the tower that services Berreth’s apartment at around 12:30 p.m. that day, Adams said, and sometime that evening, both phones pinged off a tower indicating they were headed west.

MOO
Yeah, this was actually discussed in a previous thread.

There were some confusing Tweets regarding Slater’s testimony, that almost made it sound like KK’s phone was pinging in Colorado during the minutes following KB’s likely murder.

The context was PF’s and Kelsey’s phone location after he left Kelsey’s house.

He was in contact with KK’s burner phone, which had an Idaho number.

Slater was not saying that KK was in Colorado, nor was her location at the time ever discussed in court testimony.

All we know is that LE certainly knows where KK was at the time, and it was not Colorado.

We’ll have to wait until trial for the specifics.

There was some truck, PF had also to return to KB, because it was her's ..... :confused::confused:
Maybe, the mastermind created a story of his car/s been at KB, her car/s been at the Franch and vice versa in relatively quick succession. Finally nobody knows, for which purpose which car was where. His plan?

Last edited by a moderator:
There was some truck, PF had also to return to KB, because it was her's ..... :confused::confused:
Maybe, the mastermind created a story of his car/s been at KB, her car/s been at the Franch and vice versa in relatively quick succession. Finally nobody knows, for which purpose which car was where. His plan?
Unfortunately, in order to discern PF’s likely plan, we would have to get inside his head.

That would require a reduction of brain cells that could only be achieved by copious amounts of drugs, alcohol, and CTE.

He is as evil as he is stupid.

Hi all Eve here,

My opinion:

My concerns:
Specifically,

Hi Eve. Welcome! Great post. I think you may have misunderstood the phone pings. I see PommyMommy and MG and others addressed this. I think the DA is saving a lot for trial. Let’s do hope PF was the brains behind this. That means the DA has a slam dunk case. I agree he was setting KK up to take the fall. What a horrible monster he is. As for KK, she gets no sympathy from me.

Last edited:
Hi Eve. Welcome! Great post. I think you may have misunderstood the phone pings. I see PommyMommy and MG and others addressed this. I think the DA is saving a lot for trial. Let’s do hope PF was the brains behind this. That means the DA has a slam dunk case. I agree he was setting KK up to take the fall. What a horrible monster he is. As for JK, she gets no sympathy from me.
I’m definitely open to the idea that during the solicitation attempts, he was more than ok with her taking the fall.

“I had no idea she was going to do this.”

In the aftermath of the murder itself though, I don’t believe that was the case.

If KK was caught, he would have been caught.

Ironically, that’s exactly what happened.

I’m definitely open to the idea that during the solicitation attempts, he was more than ok with her taking the fall.

In the aftermath of the murder itself though, I don’t believe that was the case.

But I think his arrogance made him believe he could pin it on KK somehow. Even after the murder. He just wasn’t smart enough to think it through. I believe he knows he is done but will still plead not guilty, praying for a hung jury. I would love to know what his thoughts are right now. I am certain he believed KK was so in love with him she would never tell on him. As it turns out, I am sure she was just in heat.

But I think his arrogance made him believe he could pin it on KK somehow. Even after the murder. He just wasn’t smart enough to think it through. I believe he knows he is done but will still plead not guilty, praying for a hung jury. I would love to know what his thoughts are right now. I am certain he believed KK was so in love with him she would never tell on him. As it turns out, I am sure she was just in heat.
Heartbreaking as what he did to Kelsey is, I enjoy the fact that his betrayal of her, is now being paid back via KK’s betrayal of him.

Karma.

It’s also ironic that he tried so hard to get someone else to murder kB for him so as not to get caught presumably......

But yet in the end he goes and kills her in her own home with a baseball bat and attempts to destroy evidence on his own property....

Go sit in the corner of your cozy jail cell with a dunce hat on .....you flippin moron

ETA: MOEO

Last edited:
Hi all Eve here,

My opinion:

My concerns:
Specifically,

Thread#39, page 75, Prelim hearing 2/19/2019, CBI Agent Slater testifying:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
State says Frazee also called an Idaho number at 4:37 p.m. Slater says it hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after, he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide. @KOAA

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
At this point, police had PF’s phone & records for his phone. Agents found PF called his mother around 4:24 p.m. They determined his phone pinged off a tower near Berreth’s townhome, heading west from there. @KOAA

@eve9059
In context, Slater was referring to PF's pings which are further verified hitting the WP and Divide towers in the depths of the SW's, try SW112 page14, for 11/22:

4:24 PF calls SF1, PF phone uses WP tower, southwest sector
4:37 PF calls KK, PF phone uses WP tower, east sector
4:43 KK calls PF, PF phone uses Divide tower
4:49 PF phone pings null, PF phone uses Florissant tower

JMO LE has provided no information about where and when any of KK's burner phones pinged or made calls that I have seen, except in the AW item#72 where the claim is made that "all three phones were connected to the CC tower between 17:01-18:14 on Nov. 24" which is obviated by other statements in the SW's stating KB's phone's last ping was on 11/24 at 4:03PM at Florissant (SW#112 page 19) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail