Found Deceased NC - Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, car parked at home, Nashville, Nash County, 8 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things small town folks discussed now being reported

Nash County murder suspect brought son to church after mom went missing, pastor says

"Parker said Lynn Keel brought his son to church after Diana Keel went missing, but he didn't notice anything unusual. "

"Lynn Keel was married before to a woman named Bess. She died on Jan. 1, 2006. Her death was ruled accidental as she fell on her home's back steps as she was carrying a turkey."
A turkey on New Year's Day? I mean maybe, but...most people are sick of turkey by New Years just sayin'
Sounds lame as heck to me.
Maybe he beat her with a frozen turkey. I could believe that.

13 hours ago:

Kelly Kennedy‏ @KellyEKennedyTV

Nash County native Lynn Keel is in Arizona awaiting an extradition hearing. He’s charged with the murder of his wife, Diana Keel. Diana’s murder is now causing investigators to take a second look at the death of Keel’s first wife, Bess Keel. More on the investigation on @WNCN.

D2DO5vQWsAA4JZc.jpg

Kelly Kennedy on Twitter

17 hours ago:

Gloria Rodriguez‏Verified account @GloriaABC11
Two crosses now sit at the spot where Diana Alejandra Keel’s body was found. Edgecombe Co. Sheriff Cleveland “Clee” Atkinson tells me the body was in a decomposing state. His agency located the body and worked with @NashCountySO. #ABC11

D2CTuTXWkAISc58.jpg

D2CTuTTXQAYQ7Pw.jpg

D2CTuTVWwAYTpSE.jpg

D2CTuTTWoAEbzmU.jpg

Gloria Rodriguez on Twitter

Gloria Rodriguez‏Verified account @GloriaABC11

Andrew Barksdale, an @NCDOT spokesman, says an NCDOT employee who works for a maintenance yard in Edgecombe Co. was checking an illegal dumping site when he saw something suspicious in the woods at Polk's Hole Road. Something didn’t look right and the employee called 911.

Gloria Rodriguez on Twitter

Lynn Keel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Mar 17, 2019

"...Here’s what you need to know about Lynn Keel:..."

Lynn Keel: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

diana-alejandra-keel-missing-01-ht-jc-190312_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Do we know yet what the traffic stop was for? Did they know he was wanted when they originally pulled him over? Was this why they pulled him over or was it for something else? Was he in his own vehicle? If so, was it altered? Just wondering. Behind here. Tia.

Do we know yet what the traffic stop was for? Did they know he was wanted when they originally pulled him over? Was this why they pulled him over or was it for something else? Was he in his own vehicle? If so, was it altered? Just wondering. Behind here. Tia.
A good summary of how the arrest went down, IMO:

“[SBM]

Lynn Keel, theNash County man charged in the murder of his wife Diana has been caught in Arizona after a multi-day search, an official with the Nash County Sheriff's Office said.

Officials say 57-year-old Keel, who was wanted on a first-degree murder charge, was captured by Arizona State Police 40 miles outside of Benson, Arizona.

[SBM]

He said they were able to capture Keel thanks to a tip that he was on I-10 headed west.

Authorities said Keel was carrying a large amount of cash but was not armed.

[SBM]

Keel was driving his father's truck when he was caught, authorities said.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Nash County man charged in wife's murder caught in Arizona, officials say

Statement issued by the Nash County Sheriff’s Office two days before Keel’s capture:
“Nash County Sheriff’s Office detectives have obtained a 1st Degree Murder Warrant on Rexford Lynn Keel Jr. Keel is a 57 year old white male 5’10” with blue eyes and blonde hair.

Whereabouts of Rexford Lynn Keel Jr. are currently unknown. Keel is believed to be operating a 1998 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 possibly pewter/gold color with North Carolina registration plate BBM-9232. The two photos of the gold/pewter trucks are of the model year 1998 Chevy C/K Pickup 1500.

Nash County Sheriff’s Office detectives are currently following up on leads.” (BBM)
Nash County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
I don’t believe this has been posted yet. If it has, my apologies in advance:

“NASHVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- An extradition hearing has been set for the Nash County man accused of killing his wife and then fleeing the state.

Rexford Lynn Keel was arrested without incident on Interstate 10 on Sunday morning after authorities in Arizona conducted a felony stop on the car he was driving.

Keel is scheduled to appear at the Superior Court in Pima County, Arizona on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. ET.
He appeared before a magistrate in Arizona over the weekend. North Carolina or Arizona could request the hearing gets moved to an earlier or later date, according to court officials.

Nash County Sheriff Keith Stone will travel to Arizona this week to bring Keel back.

[SBM]” (BBM)

[5:30 p.m. ET = 2:30 p.m. MST (Pima County, AZ)]
As accused killer awaits extradition, memorial grows for Nash County woman

“A ‘felony’ or ‘high-risk’ traffic stop occurs when police stop a vehicle which they have strong reason to believe contains a driver or passenger suspected of having committed a serious crime, especially of a nature that would lead the police to believe the suspects may be armed (such as an armed robbery, assault with a weapon, or an outstanding felony warrant for the registered owner). In a high risk stop, officers attempt to provide their own safety by issuing instructions to maintain absolute control over every step of the proceedings.

They will have additional officers on scene for back-up, often waiting for additional officers to join up before initiating the stop. They will typically have their weapons drawn, and stay back from the suspect vehicle, using their patrol cars for cover.”
Traffic stop - Wikipedia

A turkey on New Year's Day? I mean maybe, but...most people are sick of turkey by New Years just sayin'
Sounds lame as heck to me.
Maybe he beat her with a frozen turkey. I could believe that.

I could see her falling if the turkey had been a live one. Trying to control the turkey while navigating the steps at the same time. (Don't think so!)

I requested the toxicology, autopsy and investigation report on Diana and Bess.
Bess toxicology just came in and the rest will trickle in today ( Diana's as available...it'll be awhile I'm sure)

By far shortest I have personally seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190320-112305_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-112305_Gmail.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 74
Bess toxicology just came in and the rest will trickle in today ( Diana's as available...it'll be awhile I'm sure)

I wonder if they have this under wraps now for an investigation so all was not provided? Because all Bess's is is pulling blood for an ethanol test and the results are not even there for what I can see. Am I reading it correctly?

The ethanol says none detected.

I'm thinking they just tested to see if she was drunk?
The email stated it was the complete tox.

I dont know if theyve sealed the autopsy and investigation report yet. If not it should come through today as well.

So why is the local sheriff going to get this fugitive? Is this SOP?

NC DPS: Special Operations & Intelligence Unit

Extradition
The Extradition Unit is comprised of six administrative staff and four Extradition Lieutenants. Pursuant to the Federal Uniform Criminal Extradition Act, as incorporated in Article 37 of the North Carolina General Statues and Executive Order, the unit coordinates all extradition missions for Department of Public Safety, as well as those requesting state reimbursement for county and local law enforcement cases for all 100 counties.

Something strange about her FB page. Her last post is dated Jan 12th of this year. But, the comments under it are from 44weeks ago. I wonder if anyone here can tell me how this happens?
The only thing I can think of was something was deleted in between?

It appears she started as an RN about 1 1/2 yrs ago. In Jan 2019 people are congratulating her on a "new path" she is taking.
Facebook has "memories". They pull older posts you made months or years ago & allows you to reshare them. They will be reshared with all of the original comments that were made on the original post. That's what I think happened here.

Thank you very much, yrmfp, for doing this! We really appreciate your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74