AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to just word vomit my thoughts here and if anyone has any thoughts or conflicting views, please let me know.

First of all, whoever did this knew what to do to buy themselves time and cover their tracks. They put the girls in the trunk and took the keys because they probably didn’t know that there was an alternate way to get into the trunk either. They knew how to cover this to draw attention away from them, obviously. To me, this seems to be an act of someone who had done this before or someone with LE experience. Second, had anyone thought at all that MC could have possibly been JB’s secret boyfriend? From what we know, the only DNA evidence (and this could be false) was semen found in places that scream consensual contact. Is it possible that they were in the area because J.B. was secretly meeting up with MC and they had an encounter earlier in the evening? MC has solid reasons not to come forward with this information, especially in southeast Alabama in 1999. I’m not saying it was smart, but he has his reasons. I was 17 once in Dothan, so I’m just trying to put myself in their position.

Now, if there is other DNA evidence (and there very well could be), that throws all of this out the window. Also, he could be a monster hiding in plain sight. We’ve seen it before and it’s possible we are seeing it again. It’s unlikely that if he did this he hasn’t done other heinous things in his past. Not impossible, by unlikely.

Anyway.. those are my first thoughts and I would love some feedback. Thanks!

Did he say that CM and JB and Tracie knew one another?

I find it interesting that they (wife, lawyer) will not say where CM was on July 31, 1999.

Concerned the wife said he asked if he needed a lawyer and they told him no. I hope that is not true.

Thank God for DNA because since CM has such a clean record, If this did go to trial with only circumstancial evidence, I don't think anyone would convict him. Jmo.

Thank God for DNA because since CM has such a clean record, If this did go to trial with only circumstancial evidence, I don't think anyone would convict him. Jmo.

I see it very differently. I would hope they have a pile of circumstantial evidence, because his DNA on her is not enough to convict on 5 Capital murder charges. If i am a juror I am going to need way more than that to send a man to death.

As his lawyer said, the DNA only proves they knew each other... which is an interesting comment in itself.

I see it very differently. I would hope they have a pile of circumstantial evidence, because his DNA on her is not enough to convict on 5 Capital murder charges. If i am a juror I am going to need way more than that to send a man to death.

As his lawyer said, the DNA only proves they knew each other... which is an interesting comment in itself.
Very interesting indeed. Supports my theory.

I assume they don’t want to get locked into any one story until they’ve seen the state’s evidence.

Or they have no freaking idea. I would have no idea what to say if someone asked me what I was doing on July 31, 1999.[/QUOTE]
actually my guess is if you were living in a small town like Ozark the night of the cities most notorious murder, you probably would have an idea what you were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam