Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't sit easily with me, because it's really not a high footfall area at that time of night. I do think it's pertinent that he's parked facing away from Beverley Road - meaning that he's done a two or three point turn in order to achieve that - so isn't watching the main road. I can't see him parking there, and in that way, for any reason other than LS.
Aghhh just found the quote

'One student said: “We’re avoiding using Haworth Street over the weekend until we find out what happened to Libby.

“Police knocked on our door last night and showed us a picture of her.

“I use Haworth Street to get everywhere in the city but today I avoided it.”

Thought it said lots of students use it, but it was just her, whoops.

Strange she said they're avoiding Haworth street and then a few days later the Haworth st CCTV popped up.

Thanks for the info! It's great having locals in here!

Quote came from this link just incase anyone's interested

Missing Libby Squire police identify man seen 'helping drunk student'

To be fair, you probably would use Haworth as a cut-through towards Newland and the University if you lived around Beresford. I certainly use it when I'm heading in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
To be fair, you probably would use Haworth as a cut-through towards Newland and the University if you lived around Beresford. I use it when I'm heading in the opposite direction.
But not to get "everywhere in the city". She was specifically talking about the spot where Libby was last seen, and wasn't this before the CCTV leaked out?

I'm starting to wonder whether the only opportunistic part was that Libby was the person he chose.

He could have planned the rest in advance and just been waiting on Haworth street for the right person to show up.

In an early msm report they had a quote from a local student and she said that all her friends use Haworth street to short cut to other places, but since Libby disappeared they're all to scared to use it.
Maybe Haworth st was a known night time high traffic place for student girls and pr was just laying in wait?
I agree 100%. Studentnight at the Welly. Bus stop near where Libby was seen. Obvious short cut to Cottingham road and the uni. Student footfall both ways. Good place to park for his Wellesley road masturbation on the 19th (would love to know if that was early Saturday morning after the late bus from the Welly)

And the police were interviewing students close to Haworth by Friday evening.

But not to get "everywhere in the city". She was specifically talking about the spot where Libby was last seen, and wasn't this before the CCTV leaked out?
I thought she was talking about Haworth and I assumed it was because it was a short cut to bus stops from the uni. My child lives very close to Haworth and the police were knocking on doors asking if they'd heard anything by Friday evening. Before the CCTV was shown.

We don't know what they have acted on do we though.

Its not difficult to hide a car in a garage or storage unit, torch it or even get it out of the country on a ferry before police actually were looking for it.

I realise that sounds ridiculous and I know CCTV is extensive but there are still many areas not covered especially once you get onto rural roads.

But i don't think another phone/vehicle/car should be discounted just because they havnt located one yet.

Absolutely..anything is possible, and we do not know what the police know of course ..it just seems a long time with no "visible" action (such as a another person questioned or searches in other locations etc) considering it "likely" a chance crime and the amount of CCTV , phone technology etc etc available to police

But totally agree nothing can be ruled out

I agree - they're probably talking about the bus stop, though buses from that stop only leave the city, but let's not get bogged down with semantics.

You'd expect that, as much as possible, LE will now have plenty of CCTV giving an outline of PR's movements that night (probably before, too) and right up until his arrest.

Absolutely this

I am going to settle with opportunistic abduction.

I think Libby was either sat on that bench nr Harworth street looking at her phone or disorientated from the alcohol when she was unexpectedly approached by an unknown man or group, muffled, snatched, and into a van or car, and driven off, either out of Hull altogether and into the countryside or somewhere elsewhere in the city.

She was very drunk so would not have reacted to what was happening quickly enough or likely resisted.

I think like many disappearances in the past, her body will eventually be found somewhere in the countryside around Hull or in concealed woodland.

It may or may not be this Polish guy but the central crux of it is how I think it went.

I do think the police do need to move on from those nearby playing fields, she's clearly not there.

Im still not on board with the accomplice/ changing cars/phones theories im afraid. All of them seem far too complex and open up more chances of him being caught, they would also require a significant degree of planning and i feel this was at least semi opportunistic, Libby was sadly the perfect victim at that moment and hugely unfortunate to have crossed paths with a serial sex offender at her most vulnerable.

I think hes a lone predator and he spent some time that night in/around the park. He entered with Libby and left without her and no one has seen her since, after that i think LE are drawing a blank and hoping that somehow she is found.

Of course non of us can be sure unless/until the police free up more info or libby is found and we see a trial of some kind play out.

This is my feeling at the minute

This doesn't sit easily with me, because it's really not a high footfall area at that time of night. I do think it's pertinent that he's parked facing away from Beverley Road - meaning that he's done a two or three point turn in order to achieve that - so isn't watching the main road. I can't see him parking there, and in that way, for any reason other than LS.
But there are bus stops close to where Libby was seen. I'd guessed one possible reason for her being there was to find friends getting off a late bus from the Welly (which didn't run n that particular night but does at weekends so possible to assume it would that night). And it looks like an ideal short cut to campus accommodation. And also an ideal location to park and watch people getting off buses and heading home.

Pertinent that he'd turned round if he was planning to snatch somebody.

Would you want high footfall if you were going to abduct someone.

Reactions: Hjp
I am going to settle with opportunistic abduction.

I think Libby was either sat on that bench nr Harworth street looking at her phone or disorientated from the alcohol when she was unexpectedly approached by an unknown man or group, muffled, snatched, and into a van or car, and driven off, either out of Hull altogether and into the countryside or somewhere elsewhere in the city.

She was very drunk so would not have reacted to what was happening quickly enough or likely resisted.

I think like many disappearances in the past, her body will eventually be found somewhere in the countryside around Hull or in concealed woodland.

It may or may not be this Polish guy but the central crux of it is how I think it went.

I do think the police do need to move on from those nearby playing fields, she's clearly not there.
She didn't have her phone.

In fact, I'm revising what I said. When the student claimed to use Haworth Street to get everywhere, they were talking about the street rather than the bus stop.

Don't @ me, as the kids say. I'm Bev Rd born and bred.

I could draw you a simple diagram of the places students go and see in this city. If you're familiar with other university cities, you might be surprised by just how narrow it would be.

But there are bus stops close to where Libby was seen. I'd guessed one possible reason for her being there was to find friends getting off a late bus from the Welly (which didn't run n that particular night but does at weekends so possible to assume it would that night). And it looks like an ideal short cut to campus accommodation. And also an ideal location to park and watch people getting off buses and heading home.

Pertinent that he'd turned round if he was planning to snatch somebody.

Would you want high footfall if you were going to abduct someone.

Which was my point exactly. He's not there for any reason other than LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.