UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My twist on that would be, he could have made the calls to make it look as if he wanted to buy weed as a sort of alibi. As a long time cannabis smoker (shame on me) it is not a drug that you crave for so much that you go out at that time in a desperate search for it. If we were talking about cocaine or heroin i'd understand that more. Apparently he was an infrequent smoker.

He could have done it to anger them, mixed with being a sadistic paedophile. A sort of i'll show you. I'm not dismissing you, I just don't see this has been proven from the available evidence. I've been watching too much Line of Duty this week.

It was quoted that he carried knives regularly. Maybe he took it out as a false of habbit, for the crime he commited or he did want to hurt RM. The more I think of it the more I feel he didn't happen to go out with one intention(not the crime) and end up happening to kidnap, rape and murder.

I've only loosely followed this thread as it will play on my mind if l followed it closely.

I'm not an expert in criminal psychology but do perps really go out and commit crimes like rape and murder without intention to?

I can see how someone might decide to do it on the spur of the moment l suppose, but l am thinking of people that are already on a criminal path. Not starting out; first offence. If it is the case, that he did it on the spur of the moment ,that indicates exactly how dangerous and unpredictable he is imho; he should not be allowed to walk the streets again.

Yes, I think she woke near the shelter and he shook her violently causing the spinal injury stated in her PM . There is no doubt in my mind she’d have been scared and crying, struggling and even screaming. Carrying a non compliant child who’s emotionally distresssed is no easy task, add into that, it’s early morning, very quiet, height of summer where windows are open and you’re sweating because your in the middle of an abduction not wanting to be seen....that’s when he shook her into silence.

That totally makes sense. As morbid as it sounds I'd really like to see the CCTV of him carrying her.

I don't think the previous links to highland dancing and the ex girlfriend can be dismissed as coincidence. I fully believe she may have gone willingly with him.

Yes i agree with this and said something similar upthread.
I think he made these calls to have a reason to be out during the night. Yes RM and TM are included in those calls but as i previously said Alesha may not have been his intended victim at first.
I also keep coming back to TM saying she had a bad feeling about him. Why would she say that?
That was never explored in court.

Line of duty is great stuff!!

They wouldn't see hear say as evidence, I suppose. And probably didn't need to bring in people who said they suspected him, because the evidence was so overwhelming they didn't need to. Or it was spoke about in court but due to restrictions they weren't allowed to report it (past behaviours etc).

Last edited:
I’ve had another thought about the key. Is there anything which would suggest he’d left his house earlier that night/morning before he was picked up on CCTV at 1.57? Maybe he had in fact paid an earlier visit to Rabs , for weed, before the calls. Knocked , got no answer but saw the key left in the door. Returned home and started to form a fantasy in his head. Clutching at straws I guess but anything is possible.

I’ve had another thought about the key. Is there anything which would suggest he’d left his house earlier that night/morning before he was picked up on CCTV at 1.57? Maybe he had in fact paid an earlier visit to Rabs , for weed, before the calls. Knocked , got no answer but saw the key left in the door. Returned home and started to form a fantasy in his head. Clutching at straws I guess but anything is possible.

I think his alibi was his friend who was a witness in court, he said all his friends left the party at 12.30am and he walked into Rothesay with his sister and other people, he then went back to AC and found him on his bed crying, just trying to work out the timings but his friend won’t have returned to his house until maybe 1am 1.15am, I remember him saying “ he put on a black nike zipper and said he was going to go out to buy weed” so he must of been with him around this sort of time.

The witness, who got home at about 01:30, added: "He told me he was going to get stoned and go to his bed."

I’m guessing he was with him until this time

Alesha accused had 'fantasy' killing chat

My twist on that would be, he could have made the calls to make it look as if he wanted to buy weed as a sort of alibi. As a long time cannabis smoker (shame on me) it is not a drug that you crave for so much that you go out at that time in a desperate search for it. If we were talking about cocaine or heroin i'd understand that more. Apparently he was an infrequent smoker.

He could have done it to anger them, mixed with being a sadistic paedophile. A sort of i'll show you. I'm not dismissing you, I just don't see this has been proven from the available evidence. I've been watching too much Line of Duty this week.

It was quoted that he carried knives regularly. Maybe he took it out as a false of habbit, for the crime he commited or he did want to hurt RM. The more I think of it the more I feel he didn't happen to go out with one intention(not the crime) and end up happening to kidnap, rape and murder.

Yes, I certainly see where you’re coming from and could very well have been his alibi but..... I keep going back to that damn key! Without that key , there is no way he’d have gained access and he’d have known that. They lived in a top floor flat, so climbing through a window was not an option. It would have been like getting into Fort Knox ....unless... he had prior knowledge to the key being there that night or he intended to use the knife to pick the lock....

Yes, I certainly see where you’re coming from and could very well have been his alibi but..... I keep going back to that damn key! Without that key , there is no way he’d have gained access and he’d have known that. They lived in a top floor flat, so climbing through a window was not an option. It would have been like getting into Fort Knox ....unless... he had prior knowledge to the key being there that night or he intended to use the knife to pick the lock....

I do too. For all we know he had gone into the stairwell on another date and seen the key in the door.

The more I think about it the more frustrating it gets and unfortunately I'm thinking he might never admit what he's done. So we'll constantly be wondering how and why and we'll never get the answers. It's bad enough for us and we're not even family of Alesha.

I really wish these criminals at the very least were honest about the awful things they had done, so that the victim's families could get some type of closure and so that psychologists could study and understand them a bit better. But look at the likes of Rose West, she's never admitted what she's done. I'm with you all though, his motivation behind going out that night and how he got in and out of the flat with Alesha still bothers me. Even Georgina herself said she thinks about it.

I think his alibi was his friend who was a witness in court, he said all his friends left the party at 12.30am and he walked into Rothesay with his sister and other people, he then went back to AC and found him on his bed crying, just trying to work out the timings but his friend won’t have returned to his house until maybe 1am 1.15am, I remember him saying “ he put on a black nike zipper and said he was going to go out to buy weed” so he must of been with him around this sort of time.

The witness, who got home at about 01:30, added: "He told me he was going to get stoned and go to his bed."

I’m guessing he was with him until this time

Alesha accused had 'fantasy' killing chat

Thank you. I recall that witness. So there is a window when A.C. could have left his house and gone to Rabs before 1.57.

The more I think about it the more frustrating it gets and unfortunately I'm thinking he might never admit what he's done. So we'll constantly be wondering how and why and we'll never get the answers. It's bad enough for us and we're not even family of Alesha.

I really wish these criminals at the very least were honest about the awful things they had done, so that the victim's families could get some type of closure and so that psychologists could study and understand them a bit better. But look at the likes of Rose West, she's never admitted what she's done. I'm with you all though, his motivation behind going out that night and how he got in and out of the flat with Alesha still bothers me. Even Georgina herself said she thinks about it.

Yes , so many questions , so many scenarios to this case but we don’t have the answers and never will. Poor Genie, like you say, it’s bothers us...it must crucify her.

I've been wondering if creeping about the island with a knife during the night was a regular occurrence for him?

Something I’ve wondered too. I see him as a prowler/creepy peeping tom . I expect he also spent a lot of time in those woods , possibly planning the perfect place to carry out his grotesque act.

That totally makes sense. As morbid as it sounds I'd really like to see the CCTV of him carrying her.

I don't think the previous links to highland dancing and the ex girlfriend can be dismissed as coincidence. I fully believe she may have gone willingly with him.

They wouldn't see hear say as evidence, I suppose. And probably didn't need to bring in people who said they suspected him, because the evidence was so overwhelming they didn't need to. Or it was spoke about in court but due to restrictions they weren't allowed to report it (past behaviours etc).

That footage had never been released and for good reason but I too would appreciate viewing it. ( it would upset me greatly though )

I’m not really in the know with the highland dancing/ex girlfriend connection. I only know Alesha did attend a dance class on the island and a helper was a convicted child abuser, not sure if she helped at the same class ?

Something I’ve wondered too. I see him as a prowler/creepy peeping tom . I expect he also spent a lot of time in those woods , possibly planning the perfect place to carry out his grotesque act.

Yes, i often wonder if he has previously tried doors to see if he can gain entry. His luck was in at the MacPhail's house but who's to say he hadn't been out on the prowl before? I think with his previous chats with his pals talking about murder, prowling at night isn't outwith the realms of possibility.

Yes, i often wonder if he has previously tried doors to see if he can gain entry. His luck was in at the MacPhail's house but who's to say he hadn't been out on the prowl before? I think with his previous chats with his pals talking about murder, prowling at night isn't outwith the realms of possibility.

Again another good point. He was obviously up to no good and had been for some time. I’m still shocked nothing (we are privy to ) was found on his computer or phone. Surely anyone with those sort of urges would have something ? Or maybe he had accesss to another computer ?!

If the act was impulsive and circumstances enabled it; does the barbarity of it fit into his having (as far as we know) no previous crime history?
Maybe he has approached children before? That's a horrible thought.
I know Angus Sinclair committed his first crime at 16 years and I'm sure there have been others. I wonder if those crimes were as barbaric and how would they have behaved if CCTV had caught them straight after.
As TaylorCallum says, this will be baffling us all for a very long time.

I think because of social media there's more to see of the wee boy who turned into a monster and that makes it even harder to comprehend. Before FB and YT etc all we would have had was a black/white photo of a murderer as a child.

We have no proof whatsoever that anyone stopped selling anyone weed Most dealers would just say "aye no bother" and continue to sell to the person, they still sold to his sister. So im not buying "we stopped".

Rabs parents have more or less admitted no one locks their doors so I doubt the key in the lock was a one off and with a 26 year old floating in and out makes sense to keep key in door, very little crime in area I live in Glasgow and don't lock my door . shh don't tell anyone :)

No 16 year old is breaking into their dealers house full stop, doesnt happen.

He had a knife because he always carries one, that night was no different.

The house planning application was refused, meaning its still a two bed flat.

What is interesting to me is where were they all sleeping? I still think she was downstairs there has been very little info on flat layout. WHY? because she was sleeping downstairs in the living room, perhaps. no judging just saying probably convenient, Not a lot has been revealed about that but its really the easiest way he could have got her out. The fact that the info on layout and exactly where she was sleeping hasn't been revealed, tells me that's probably whats happened and the reason he was able to get her without much notice.

Was his black hoody not found nearer the knife than the joggies that's probably why there was no fibres from that on her or vice versa.

Totally believe it was opportunist, he tried for weed, went to see if they were still up even though they blanked the phone ( common) house in darkness, key in door, shes in living room, out with little or no effort. If his palm print had been there from months ago it would have been degraded by the many people going in and out.

He saw an opportunity and he took it I truly believe it was that simple for him and that poor child suffered as a result.

Going back to dna/fingerprints in the flat, I’ve no idea why there were none, or any they could easily identify as his, but surely his prints would have been all over that key ? Aleshas door was closed (Toni’s statement ) surely prints would have been lifted from the handle? Or was he wearing gloves? If so , we have premeditated.

We have no proof whatsoever that anyone stopped selling anyone weed Most dealers would just say "aye no bother" and continue to sell to the person, they still sold to his sister. So im not buying "we stopped".

Rabs parents have more or less admitted no one locks their doors so I doubt the key in the lock was a one off and with a 26 year old floating in and out makes sense to keep key in door, very little crime in area I live in Glasgow and don't lock my door . shh don't tell anyone :)

No 16 year old is breaking into their dealers house full stop, doesnt happen.

He had a knife because he always carries one, that night was no different.

The house planning application was refused, meaning its still a two bed flat.

What is interesting to me is where were they all sleeping? I still think she was downstairs there has been very little info on flat layout. WHY? because she was sleeping downstairs in the living room, perhaps. no judging just saying probably convenient, Not a lot has been revealed about that but its really the easiest way he could have got her out. The fact that the info on layout and exactly where she was sleeping hasn't been revealed, tells me that's probably whats happened and the reason he was able to get her without much notice.

Was his black hoody not found nearer the knife than the joggies that's probably why there was no fibres from that on her or vice versa.

Totally believe it was opportunist, he tried for weed, went to see if they were still up even though they blanked the phone ( common) house in darkness, key in door, shes in living room, out with little or no effort. If his palm print had been there from months ago it would have been degraded by the many people going in and out.

He saw an opportunity and he took it I truly believe it was that simple for him and that poor child suffered as a result.
I thought too that she might have been sleeping in the living room.

Did we ever find out if his father was in court?
Did anyone else wonder why the judge asked his mother if she was going to stay in court?
Is that normally asked of a witness or relative even in unusual circumstances as this?
Also, it puzzled me slightly as to why R and T said that they were watching *advertiser censored* - what was the point in mentioning it?

Going back to dna/fingerprints in the flat, I’ve no idea why there were none, or any they could easily identify as his, but surely his prints would have been all over that key ? Aleshas door was closed (Toni’s statement ) surely prints would have been lifted from the handle? Or was he wearing gloves? If so , we have premeditated.
Yep, i keep going back to this. Why only one solitary palm print and nothing else? Even at that the expert in court said there was no way to age the print.
Like you say, gloves means premeditated and the palm print could be a mistake on his part.

Yep, i keep going back to this. Why only one solitary palm print and nothing else? Even at that the expert in court said there was no way to age the print.
Like you say, gloves means premeditated and the palm print could be a mistake on his part.
Premeditated maybe however decided and arranged in roughly half an hour -if my understanding of the timescale is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken