OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

The hole. I don't see one. I've blown it up and just can't find one.

I couldn't swear those are holes either, pic is too grainy. Low res, easy storage.

If you look at the pic at smaller magnification, there are two lines that look like a strap inline with hole .. a snap? Most BPV examples I see have no exposed snaps, just velcro. I'm talking about the vest on the right.

1 hour late at the courtroom.

Late, as usual.

Does it seem like her atty's are more inclined than the others to file lots of motions and slow things down?

I just missed it, but did AC just come back out to the courtroom, then return to the back room again? All I saw was the open door, then someone with blonde hair walking back through the door.

Does it seem like her atty's are more inclined than the others to file lots of motions and slow things down?

I just missed it, but did AC just come back out to the courtroom, then return to the back room again? All I saw was the open door, then someone with blonde hair walking back through the door.

it appeared she walked out and grabbed a notebook/planner or something

Weight is not relevant. What will matter to the Jury is the defendant 's demeanor.
Jake smiling, as he was doing, will be a huge turn off.

Her weight now, is not, but it might be during the trial. Height too. Some think they went in through the windows. I don't feel that's possible for three of them. That's not derogatory, just, I feel it almost physically impossible. Just like G3's atty saying he couldn't mastermind this b/c he functions at a 7th grade level of education. Not derogatory, just his atty. pointing it out, to say he couldn't mastermind something like this.

The Prosecutor has blonde hair.
I don’t think AW hair is blonde any longer.

Her weight now, is not, but it might be during the trial. Height too. Some think they went in through the windows. I don't feel that's possible for three of them. That's not derogatory, just, I feel it almost physically impossible. Just like G3's atty saying he couldn't mastermind this b/c he functions at a 7th grade level of education. Not derogatory, just his atty. pointing it out, to say he couldn't mastermind something like this.

Very good point. Their physical/mental ability to commit the murders and even plan them is relevant. Jake could go through a window easy with getting a boost from the others who are big and strong looking.

Angie I do not believe was at the crime scenes.

The Prosecutor has blonde hair.
I don’t think AW hair is blonde any longer.

Yes, I mentioned AC - it's our new abbreviation for prosecutor Angela Canepa. Yeah we use too many initials here, but we kind of have to during these hearings when you need to type fast.:confused:

ETA: Is anyone else getting the feeling that most of these hearings are being held behind closed doors? Lots of information kept from the public. Seems the only people allowed to reveal evidence and proceedings to the public is one of the suspects and their defense atty. o_O

... functions at a 7th grade level of education. Not derogatory, just his atty. pointing it out, to say he couldn't mastermind something like this.

I can't buy it, IMOO he's a guy that can plan and act. Maybe he only finished 7th grade, alright, science, grammar, and math aren't his forte'.

To me, functions at 7th grade level, means he has to be told to brush his teeth, comb his hair, and clean up his room.

No, I was referring to the comments about AW's weight. My understanding of the information I quoted from TOS (i.e.., Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players) [bolded me] is that disparaging comments should not be made about people involved in the case. Possibly my understanding is incorrect and the statement in TOS is directed toward comments made regarding those who post on WS.

I personally feel the comment about Angela's weight isn't appropriate to the integrity of the case. This is only my opinion.

Good reminder.

“The hole. I don't see one. I've blown it up and just can't find one.“

I do see a small dark circle on each vest, near the evidence number.
It may not be a hole. Could be just shading. But it is a coincidence that
evidence tag is near each one.

Thinking about the Witness that may not be available...
Theory and opinion.
What could that mean other than someone who is extremely ill and may pass away soon. Or someone who has already died.
Several mysterious deaths in the area in the last year.
Also FW husband did pass away.
He may have had information and talked to someone.
What about someone who is incarcerated? Can a prisoner testify?

Theory and opinion.
What could that mean other than someone who is extremely ill and may pass away soon. Or someone who has already died.

BBM

There has been speculation that Fredericka's husband served in some way as a confidential informant. An alternative is that the CI was someone who was later jailed for some offense. The latter is possible according to a theory I have about some of FW's tenants and their activities. Yes, prisoners are allowed to testify as witnesses, it happens all the time. IANAL.

taken from an article I just read that was posted about 2 hours ago

"Wagner is also trying to prevent a witness she claims may be "unavailable" from testifying at her trial."

Also looks like they are trying to get the death penalty off the table as well according to the below article

Angela Wagner to return to court for the Rhoden family murders

BBM
She might get that one unless they are deceased.

The Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of someone accused of a crime to be confronted with witnesses against him.

Theory and opinion.

BBM
Yes, a prisoner can testify. That can prove to be a double edged sword though.

taken from an article I just read that was posted about 2 hours ago

"Wagner is also trying to prevent a witness she claims may be "unavailable" from testifying at her trial."

Also looks like they are trying to get the death penalty off the table as well according to the below article

Angela Wagner to return to court for the Rhoden family murders
That's a bit odd, trying to stop an unavailable witness? If the denfense knows a witness listed for prosecution is unavailable then there's no need to stop them from appearing. Unless they think they're "unavailable" because of competency issues. Otherwise don't they just have to wait and see who shows up to testify against them and make objections then? Or am I missing some big point in the law?

I just see a brown door.

I can't buy it, IMOO he's a guy that can plan and act. Maybe he only finished 7th grade, alright, science, grammar, and math aren't his forte'.

To me, functions at 7th grade level, means he has to be told to brush his teeth, comb his hair, and clean up his room.
If indeed he functions at the level of a 7th grader, he should not be allowed to carry a gun or drive a car either.

Very good point. Their physical/mental ability to commit the murders and even plan them is relevant. Jake could go through a window easy with getting a boost from the others who are big and strong looking.

Angie I do not believe was at the crime scenes.

I don't think she was either. Sometimes, I even wonder if G3 was there or not.

Discovery not complete. Postponing to Sept 16 to resolve motions. :mad:

June 1 is date that state agrees to have all discovery docs turned over. Sept 1 deadline for filing of substantive motions by defense. State response filed before Sept 16, defense can file rebuttal before Oct 1. Scheduling another pretrial for 1:30 pm.

Adjourn.

Again, hours and days of meetings and discussion, nothing revealed to the public. JMO, not a good strategy for the prosecution, when defendants and their attorneys seem free to reveal what they wish to the news media.

I knew how to drive a tractor in the 7th grade, but I doubt I could have a plotted out those murders. Of course, I didn't have the resources they did. I'd have to have gotten my resources to plan with, from the town library. Swiped my dad's old service pistol, and the old farm truck to get there. I'd been caught before I got to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member