Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the body found in relation to the St. Andrews Quay area? Anywhere near there?

No. St Andrews Quay is to the west of the centre of Hull. Grimsby is on the opposite bank of the Humber, on the way out to sea.

Just saw the news on the Daily Mail. Is this just within last hour or so? Any confirmation? I know many of us thought this might be where she would be found...

My other half just read me out news on his phone from half an hour ago about body in water found.

Same here, I was heavily involved in the threads about Libby at the start, reading every single post, despite some descending into ridiculousness but over time it all got a bit sickening and I strayed away. It’s easy to get sickened by something horrible like this, especially when things started to get frustrating.

I’m saddened by tonight’s news but if it is Libby then I’m glad her family aren’t going to be left wondering anymore.
Yes, plus I got busy with the Bute case which was going full force as this was very quiet. I hope that her family finally have closure.

So deeply sad to read the latest news, after following the case so closely over the weeks I’ve been pretty busy tonight and it was actually my husband who told me tonight a body has been found in the Humber Estuary. For the sake of Libby’s parents I hope this is her to give them closure but can’t start to imagine the devastation if they have harboured that tiny bit of hope all along. Although I’m not overly spiritual I will be praying for an end to this

It’s surreal as I learned today an old boss of mine was sacked after working in the bank alongside me for over 20 years due to being a bit non pc in the workplace; I’ve felt sad all day but actually this puts things in perspective whats a job in comparison to a human life

I just started looking at news articles on my phone and the first one was about finding a body.... the article was only up half an hour.

Do we think it is Libby?

This is probably a stupid question or one that has already been addressed but could the river that is in that park lead to where the body was found? If so.. in only 7 weeks..

Yes

Sorry, that was a bit abrupt!! As the estuary (and the river Hull) are tidal, yes there is a chance a body could end up pretty much anywhere in that area of water. Whoever it is, it's lucky they have been found before they reached the north sea.

Last edited:
This is probably a stupid question or one that has already been addressed but could the river that is in that park lead to where the body was found? If so.. in only 7 weeks..
That’s what I was wondering, the river leads here but how likely is it a body would make it all the way down the river to here without being snagged?

Locals or people with knowledge of water, question for you.. would it be more likely for a body to be found here if it entered this body of water, perhaps in another location further up rather than entering way up the river?

The river Hull seems to flow quite fast at times, and the Humber seems to flow even faster, but they're so influenced by the tide that its impossible to assume what location a body would end up. I imagine it could move very quickly during high tide and then maybe even stop completely during a low tide, and then begin moving again. I think overnight the incident occurred the body could have travelled quite far away from the crime scene, and because the water is so murky it would be impossible to see.

The old saying the Humber always gives up its own.....

So sad whoever it is.
I am just wondering why sadly the 2 bodies of the 2 men who jumped off the Humber Bridge would be found within a week of each other. Is it something to do with the tides/moon at the moment that bodies could be washed up out of the Humber now after 3 months

That’s what I was wondering, the river leads here but how likely is it a body would make it all the way down the river to here without being snagged?

Locals or people with knowledge of water, question for you.. would it be more likely for a body to be found here if it entered this body of water, perhaps in another location further up rather than entering way up the river?

For those that aren't familiar, the Humber is enormous. Look at it on a map. It drains a significant proportion of northern England and is known for powerful, unpredictable currents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23