IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but -- if he lived near a base, he may have picked up enough facts & jargon to support his story?

If this man is from the area of little Paul Harrod's grave, is Wright-Patterson is fairly close?

I think it's more likely that he tried to join the Air Force but was unsuccessful -- couldn't pass the physical, couldn't maintain a standard, just didn't work out? AWOL?

I guess that I'm interested in how he actually pronounced the name of the base. It is not pronounced phonetically.

It's pronounced as "Two Lee". I know soldiers who've been there passing through who have a hard time remembering it's name so it seems to me that an actual remembering of the name with a proper pronunciation indicates more than a passing mention or overheard conversation about it. Maybe a relative spent time there.

I guess, at the same time, if his wife says he pronounced it as "Thewl" … we can definitely rule out that he spent any actual time there.

Is it possible to link to this thread in the unidentified subforum?

This guy is an unidentified person, and there are people in the UID forum who would be really useful on this case, and I think that they may miss the thread in this forum.

That is true. Nevertheless I would venture that he felt safe enough in his new environment that he decided to get married, an event that is always captured in film. He took that chance.

Also, he could not have foreseen the Internet, of course, and that his face would end up on it for the whole world to study! Those years, photos would likely only be shared with family and friends.

@CyresAres1 is it possible to have an age progression done?
Requested it two weeks ago.

Thule?? Not a place that your average uninitiated soul would be aware of. I know it from laying over there on my way to CFS Alert, Nunavut (I'm in the Canadian Army).

That has me thinking he may actually have done time in the Air Force.
Now to discover his identity

Agreed, but -- if he lived near a base, he may have picked up enough facts & jargon to support his story?

If this man is from the area of little Paul Harrod's grave, is Wright-Patterson is fairly close?

I think it's more likely that he tried to join the Air Force but was unsuccessful -- couldn't pass the physical, couldn't maintain a standard, just didn't work out? AWOL?

Maybe he told his original family -- with his original name -- that he was going overseas on an important mission so they didn't report him missing? IF he was AWOL, this family may be so embarrassed that they wrote him off/disowned/are estranged?

Or, he's been reported missing, all right, under the name his family of origin knows. But -- this police report &/or Missing poster with additional photos may not have been flung into CyberSpace for us or entered into the usually available sites that weren't available in this time frame.

IIRC he did report an ex-wife in Kansas or Missouri. A few pages back & came up with a list of Air Force bases in those 2 states. Likely, he was using some other name at that point, since his "Paul R. Harrod" SSN was issued in 1987.

Is there a timeline with locations for this guy?

1987 -- ??? -- address reported on SSN application

199?-- Indiana, meets future wife working at group home, Indiana

199? -- future wife changes job to gas station/convenience store between Sheridan & Indy
199? -- changes job to St. Vincent's Hospital, Indianapolis

1991 -- adds stepson to insurance

Thanksgiving, 1991 -- wedding, a home in Sheridan, IN

27 Nov 1992 -- Sheridan, Indiana, leaves, apparently driving Geo Metro

199? - court filing for repossession of the Geo Metro, Indiana

1994 - Geo Metro shows up at auction, Colorado

Sorry for the long post. Please clean up the timeline events. We need more dots to connect to figure this guy out....

JMHO YMMV

(1987)A home near Sheridan when he requested the SSN.
(1991)Group home meets Marla
(1991)Paul gets job at St Vincent
(1992)June 6th, they get married
November 27th, 1992- Paul is at Thanksgiving and leaves, never to be seen again.

Please remember: Paul was allegedly married to "Diane Rae" somewhere in the United States and he marked on his marriage application in 1992 he had divorced in 1985. Marla was not sure of the spelling of the first name, but confident of the middle name because of it's odd spelling. She also believes they lived in either Kansas City MO or Wichita KS. I am hopeful someone has time and ability to look into this.

Please remember: Paul was allegedly married to "Diane Rae" somewhere in the United States and he marked on his marriage application in 1992 he had divorced in 1985. Marla was not sure of the spelling of the first name, but confident of the middle name because of it's odd spelling. She also believes they lived in either Kansas City MO or Wichita KS. I am hopeful someone has time and ability to look into this.

Crackbook has a woman of said name (with a third name) in the first city you mention above. Just choose that city on the left side as part of your search criteria.

She's also the right age-range. Has a visible photo on her page that has her sitting on the couch with a gentleman circa mid-80s judging by the clothing. No pics of him more recent than that. Hard to tell by the photo as it's faded in his facial area, but very short cropped hair. Prominent chin - similar facial shape.

Her page also has her as having attended Central High School, Albert Lea, MN

(1987)A home near Sheridan when he requested the SSN.
(1991)Group home meets Marla
(1991)Paul gets job at St Vincent
(1992)June 6th, they get married
November 27th, 1992- Paul is at Thanksgiving and leaves, never to be seen again.

There must have been a reason to get married. What big changes did he make during his marriage? Did he also steal her identity information?

I'm wagering that she had the home and he moved in with her,
Moved in with her for only five months? There had to have been another reason?
Maybe they applied for a large loan after married that gave him money to leave on or he could have used her identity and passport to go to a new location. Maybe both reasons.

Kansas City -- Richards Gebaur AFB, decommissioned @1994, still Reserves stationed there

Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base (historical) (in Cass County, MO)

Wichita, KS -- McConnell AFB

Vern, does the person you found seem to have any connection to Richards-Gebaur?

If they divorced in Missouri, he likely wasn't using the Harrod surname. No record at Missouri CaseNet. Could have been too early, or too long ago.

Belton MO seems to be in Cass County. Anyone local, willing to go to the Courthouse to check 1985 divorces?

Off to look on-line for an index....

For the FaceBook literate:

Maybe share "Mr. Harrod's" picture here?

Richards-Gebaur Air Reserve Station - Kansas City, Missouri - Landmark & Historical Place, Neighborhood | Facebook

He took nothing from her and consistently worked multiple jobs. Maybe he actually liked her... but don’t know.

She wouldn’t know her Identity or Passport was stolen unless she had a reason to check. She also could have had her Fathers Identity information (if he died) or a past husband or relatives information that he could have used.

Last edited:
He was renting to own a house when they met and she moved in with him.

That makes me think he did not want to disappear, but he had to. Maybe he saw someone in town from his former life. Or something in the local news that could be a threat to him. Did he commit a crime and thought he would get caught? What was going on in Hamilton County on or before Thanksgiving 1992? Did other people disappear? Did money disappear?

That makes me think he did not want to disappear, but he had to. Maybe he saw someone in town from his former life. Or something in the local news that could be a threat to him. Did he commit a crime and thought he would get caught? What was going on in Hamilton County on or before Thanksgiving 1992? Did other people disappear? Did money disappear?
Pretty much just the Baumeister case. No money we know of or other major crimes.

Toni's Latest Blog Post is up on our The Invisible Man Page. The latest post has a very strong theory/lead in it. It came from a true crime podcaster in Ohio. I am going to copy/paste the theory part of the post as well as the photo comparison from that post below so that it is here on Websleuths to reference but I would encourage you to read Toni's ENTIRE blog post (The Italian Connection) so that you have a full picture of the theory. - Emelia Mancione - Social Media Director - Glacé Entertainment Public Relations

Nic from True Crime Garage Podcast Theory:

"Joe (Little Joe D) DeRose, Jr Mobster that was “killed” in 1982 - body never found. They found his vehicle or his girlfriend’s vehicle on fire. Many years later another mobster was convicted of the murder. Joe was 32 when they found the car on fire. This would make him in his early forties - possibly 41, 42 or 43 when Paul disappeared. I don’t know the details of the conviction... if In fact they never recovered the body... did the convicted get convicted because LE needed to put him away and he just bragged and took credit for a guy that the mobsters wanted dead?

More importantly this guy looks like the pictures of Paul. Mainly the distance from top lip to nose, which is skewed by Paul’s mustache. I’ll send pictures but the mugshot picture also shows a similar hairline. There is a bend at the top left (His right) of his nose that matches up too. If this is the same guy - well this makes sense too regarding Paul’s wife. The idea being she loved him and understood he was wanted by LE and was a marked man. The bad boy and victim all at the same time. Under this scenario she’s assisting him in some form even though they likely have no interaction today. This because she considers him to be the love of her life no matter how brief. "

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 118
Crackbook has a woman of said name (with a third name) in the first city you mention above. Just choose that city on the left side as part of your search criteria.

She's also the right age-range. Has a visible photo on her page that has her sitting on the couch with a gentleman circa mid-80s judging by the clothing. No pics of him more recent than that. Hard to tell by the photo as it's faded in his facial area, but very short cropped hair. Prominent chin - similar facial shape.

Her page also has her as having attended Central High School, Albert Lea, MN

Not following the train of thoughts message , would you mind pm me the link ? Tia

Toni's Latest Blog Post is up on our The Invisible Man Page. The latest post has a very strong theory/lead in it. It came from a true crime podcaster in Ohio. I am going to copy/paste the theory part of the post as well as the photo comparison from that post below so that it is here on Websleuths to reference but I would encourage you to read Toni's ENTIRE blog post (The Italian Connection) so that you have a full picture of the theory. - Emelia Mancione - Social Media Director - Glacé Entertainment Public Relations

Nic from True Crime Garage Podcast Theory:

"Joe (Little Joe D) DeRose, Jr Mobster that was “killed” in 1982 - body never found. They found his vehicle or his girlfriend’s vehicle on fire. Many years later another mobster was convicted of the murder. Joe was 32 when they found the car on fire. This would make him in his early forties - possibly 41, 42 or 43 when Paul disappeared. I don’t know the details of the conviction... if In fact they never recovered the body... did the convicted get convicted because LE needed to put him away and he just bragged and took credit for a guy that the mobsters wanted dead?

More importantly this guy looks like the pictures of Paul. Mainly the distance from top lip to nose, which is skewed by Paul’s mustache. I’ll send pictures but the mugshot picture also shows a similar hairline. There is a bend at the top left (His right) of his nose that matches up too. If this is the same guy - well this makes sense too regarding Paul’s wife. The idea being she loved him and understood he was wanted by LE and was a marked man. The bad boy and victim all at the same time. Under this scenario she’s assisting him in some form even though they likely have no interaction today. This because she considers him to be the love of her life no matter how brief. "
Woah that’s quite the resemblance. So you think Paul was Little Joe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie