IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that’s where the forensic teams were collecting evidence and combing all over that backyard and garage yesterday. I don’t recall from the neighbors FB live video seeing a dumpster back there though.

Not 100% sure, but that video seems to be from behind a restaurant at the corner of Bertha Street and S. Warman Avenue. If it isn't that building, it sure is close in appearance.

Google Maps

Mzufall,

My situation mirrored yours in terms of taking good care of myself and still having a small child. I have only one child, a daughter. My current avatar is a picture of her at 14 weeks old. She was 3 weeks early and weighed a little more than 6 pounds at birth, 24 years ago.

My husband and I are on the short side (5'9 and 5'3). I fed my daughter as much as she would take, but I was never able to get as much milk into her as the pediatrician wanted. It was a source of constant stress to me until a visit we had with a pediatrician at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. I wanted a second opinion on her growth. He said she's exactly where she should be. He pointed at my husband and me and said, "You're both on the small side and so is your daughter." That was such a relief to me.

Gngr-snap, the pediatric nurse, wrote, "Those charts are designed to compare a baby's growth to itself. As long as they are following their curve all is well. It is when they are <1% or >100% that a doctor will get worried. Typically a child doubles their birth weight by 6 months and tripled it by 12 months."

That was exactly the advice given to us by the pediatrician at Children's Hospital. As long as the child is continuing along their growth curve, all is well.

When the child starts precipitously falling below their curve, there may be neglect and/or a failure to thrive situation.

Amiah's body looks normal to me. I'm more concerned by the baby's withdrawn and emotionally flat expressions in the photos we've seen.
I definitely agree with you! She does look withdrawn! Almost like "who is this person holding me?"

OT - My oldest was 6 lbs 14 oz when she was born. Which for being 4 weeks early, I can't complain. She will be 20 next month. My husband and I aren't real tall either. I'm 5'3" he's 5'11". Our "almost 20 year old" is 6'. Our youngest was 5 weeks early and 6 lbs 15 oz, just turned 11 and is 5'. Soon I will be looking up to both of my kids.

IIRC, wasn’t it Ambers son’s bio dad that first called police? I believe one of first articles said that he was concerned for his son’s welfare being around Amber’s boyfriend, so the bio dad went to get his son. When he did, he (bio dad) asked Amber where Amiah was and she told him that she didn't know? Then it was the bio dad who contacted LE.
Ok, so it appears that something possibly happened to the baby on Thursday or Friday, she wasn't reported missing until Saturday, and not by the mother but by her son's biological father.
And at first the family did not believe the baby was in any danger (other than the father) but by the time police were involved and the mom showed up on camera, she is crying and "reminiscing" about holding and playing with her daughter.
Something is very wrong here. Imo

Last edited:
I don't know the area. Something about Eagle Creek?
I used to live in Indianapolis. Eagle Creek is an area on the Northwest side of town. It has a HUGE reservoir and a road that crosses it for vehicle and foot traffic. It's also got a fairly extensive park system. Most of the homes in the area are pretty upscale but it's not far from some sketchy neighborhoods. The intersection mentioned is more southeast of the heart of Eagle Creek, more of the Speedway area. That area has a fairly predominate Hispanic popular, a lot of smaller, older family homes, and more crime, pretty much a working-class neighborhood. Eagle Creek runs out of the reservoir area slightly to the east and south (it's actually two smaller branches known locally as "big" and "little" creeks that merge) and goes through some modest neighborhoods as it winds southeastward. Most of the creek is bordered by brush and trees.

Last edited:
This sounds a bit ominous, then again, this has been trending towards a bad ending since the beginning.

Matthew McClellan on Twitter

INDIANAPOLIS- We’re keeping an eye on some police activity along W. McCarty St. near Big Eagle Creek. At least six patrol cars on scene.

This area is less than .7 miles from 229 S. Holmes Ave., where baby Amiah Robertson was reported missing. Investigators appear to be working the area near the creekside.

Police have NOT confirmed to RTV6 that this is connected to the investigation of the missing 8-month-old.

In many articles, I've read that Amber Robertson, Amiah's mother, reported her missing. But as osu said, I remember reading that Amiah's bio dad had called the police concerned that RL was abusing both of Amber's sons. I don't remember the timing of that call. I'll keep looking for that article. The section of an article saying Amber reported Amiah missing to the police and the source are below:

Amiah Robertson went missing last week. Amber Robertson, Amiah’s mother, reported her missing to police on Saturday, but Amber told police she actually went missing last Thursday.

Amber says she didn’t think Amiah was in danger—that’s why she says she waited two days to report it.

Yesterday, police issued a Silver Alert, saying Amiah is in extreme danger. Authorities say the family has been telling them conflicting stories about what happened.

Amber says the baby girl was last seen at the babysitter’s house on the near west side. Detectives searched the home for hours on Tuesday, focusing on a detached garage, but it’s unclear if they found anything.

The above is from this link:
Why a Silver Alert, not an Amber Alert, was issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indy

I believe the same man, LH, fathered both of Amber's children. The
ex-boyfriend/Motel 6 date is RL who is currently in jail. Amber claims RL had Amiah and was supposed to take her to the baby sitter's house.

Ah! Now we at least know that Logan is Amiah's father. That's been driving me nuts, was it him, RL, or sons dad.

Does anyone remember what time whoever in the world reported her missing?

Amiah is missing from Indianapolis, Indiana and was last seen on Saturday, March 16, 2019, at 4:35 pm. She is believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance. If you have any information on Amiah Robertson, contact the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at 317-327-6540 or 911.

Indianapolis police issue Silver Alert for missing infant

Julia Deng on Twitter

#BREAKING: Detectives say “items possibly linked to Amiah Robertson” have been found about a mile from the house where she was last seen. Multiple police units at Sadie St & McCarty St. Authorities working behind police tape.

Live update on @WISH_TV at 6.

ETA: This Tweet has since been deleted.

Last edited:
How was Amiah seen last at the babysitters house, when she was supposedly never dropped off there?

How was she potentially going to be dropped there on Friday, when she was last seen Thursday?

I want actual details. This is all madness.

T = sons dad
L = Amiah's dad
R = bf and or ex bf, in jail, maybe claims to be Amiah's dad, mad that AR tried to get back with T (this I buy)

Maybe T reported Amiah missing, maybe Amber did.

Blah blah blah.

Where is Amiah!!!!

Eta - remove "T" from above... Both kids appear to be fathered by LH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member