Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold water also encourages the formation of adipocere. This is a waxy, soapy substance formed from the fat in the body that partially protects the body against decomposition. Bodies have been (but not always) retrieved mostly intact from waters below 7°C after several weeks, Still, trust me, it's not something pleasant to see but it makes recognition easier.

Are you a forensic scientist? It sounds very horrific but interesting how the powers of modern technology can figure things out

I'm with everyone else on feeling sick about the news of a body being found - currently in two minds about whether I'm hoping it's Libby or not. Cannot even begin to imagine how her parents are feeling right now, awaiting confirmation of whether this is their little girl. Whether it's Libby or not, I feel extremely sad for the family of whoever it turns out to be.

Has anyone else noticed Humberside Police haven't mentioned the body on their official Twitter but released a short statement on their official website?

I'm just catching up with this thread now. My heart is sinking. :(
That's exactly what I am doing catching up after work and I am having a real sinking feeling of dread that it may be Libby. It could be the moment we have all been dreading. What an absolute nightmare for her family waiting to find out if it is her

Just thinking. There is the possibility that the body could that of one of the two recent Humber Bridge jumpers that have yet to be found.

Humber Bridge Board statement as two men die within minutes
That's what I am wondering too if it's the other man who jumped off the Humber Bridge as the other man who jumped in late December was only found a week ago. But it was stated very quickly then that the body was male and nothing so far tonight about this body whether male or female

I'm with everyone else on feeling sick about the news of a body being found - currently in two minds about whether I'm hoping it's Libby or not. Cannot even begin to imagine how her parents are feeling right now, awaiting confirmation of whether this is their little girl. Whether it's Libby or not, I feel extremely sad for the family of whoever it turns out to be.

Has anyone else noticed Humberside Police haven't mentioned the body on their official Twitter but released a short statement on their official website?
There was nothing on their FB either. Maybe they're concerned about comments. Wonder what news tomorrow will bring

I did a decomposed body (in water) google search and unfortunately I doubt the parents would be able to identify her by sight. I think they will be relying on her dental records/DNA.
How appallingly distressing for her poor parents that would be. I just keep thinking of her parents and the absolute hell they are living through

I'm with everyone else on feeling sick about the news of a body being found - currently in two minds about whether I'm hoping it's Libby or not. Cannot even begin to imagine how her parents are feeling right now, awaiting confirmation of whether this is their little girl. Whether it's Libby or not, I feel extremely sad for the family of whoever it turns out

Waiting for post mortem results under normal circumstances seems endless so Libby's family must be feeling absolutely devastated tonight.

Here in Hull we have all taken Libby and her family to our hearts. I'm sure a lot of us on here have a heavy heart tonight awaiting the results.

I really don't want to sound disrespectful but one of the men who is assumed to have jumped in December (yet still classed as missing due to no body being found) - was 6'2". Surely they can tell the height of the body that has been found. There is a big difference between 6'2" and 5'7" :(

This is a link to Sam's missing person appeal. MISSING - Sam Conlin (24) from Hull | Humberside Police

All I can say if it is Libby that it is far better that her body is found in whatever condition than if she was lost to the sea forever. At least this way her devastated parents would get to bring her home.

Agreed. I’m of course in no position to say what’s best for them but surely to god it’s better than ‘what ifs’ for anybody. Think of poor Claudia lawrence’s parents for example-10 years in. Poor buggers

That's what I am wondering too if it's the other man who jumped off the Humber Bridge as the other man who jumped in late December was only found a week ago. But it was stated very quickly then that the body was male and nothing so far tonight about this body whether male or female

If the male was in there for longer and they could tell he's male - does this mean the body they have recovered today has been there longer? Seeing as they cannot identify the gender as soon as they did with the male.

I have so many questions racing around my head if it is Libby, but now is not the time or the place.
Despite the veil of solemness & dread that’s sunk in tonight, I’d just like to echo the sentiment mentioned above that these thread’s have been commendable for the shared genuine concern for Libby, with locals going out of their way to help provide us with information. I’d imagine these thread’s will become a place of solice for us all in the coming days. Thinking of Libby’s family & friends tonight & the beautiful girl herself.

All I can say if it is Libby that it is far better that her body is found in whatever condition than if she was lost to the sea forever. At least this way her devastated parents would get to bring her home.

Yes, at this stage, sorry to say thatI do not believe she is alive and my expectations that will be even be found are not high. So on that basis, I hope she has been recovered.

Last edited:
If the male was in there for longer and they could tell he's male - does this mean the body they have recovered today has been there longer? Seeing as they cannot identify the gender as soon as they did with the male.
It seems strange if it is Libby that they can't identify whether a male or female body as she may have only been in water for 7 weeks whereas they identified the body which was found last week immediately as male even though he had been in water for 3 months. Or maybe LE are preferring to withhold the info about the sex for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998