CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
This is the Tara Grinstead case in Georgia. Consider the difference in how long this burn was.
Moo

"He said they kept the fire burning for two days until even the bones turned to ash."
Georgia man confessed he helped burn teacher's body to ash

It was stated by KK, I believe, the tote melted into blobs. We don’t know if it burned or melted. There is a difference. What was the tote made of? Depending on the outcome of the tote depends on the outcome of the body.

Info below

Plastic Resins & Types of Packaging

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Heat-cause-plastic-to-melt

How hot is a camp fire depends on many factors, wood used, fuel used, how long it was burning. IMO from what I read he was not out there for days.

How Hot Does A Campfire Get? Every Camper Needs To Know This - March.2019

And finally how long does it take a body to be cremated at a crematorium?

Can the campfire burn the body like a crematorium?

Reading the below site, it states that if there is no secondary burn, the body may be crushed so the bones are more ash and fragments....not total ash.

IMO, there are bone pieces left. Even with gas, plastic and possible wood burning, he did not let thebody burn long enough, nor did he crush it. That is why LE is looking for remains.

I hope LE is able to find KB. He did not get rid of her totally. No way could he do the job of a crematorium.

ALERT GRAPHIC VIDEO explanation of cremation of a body. Some people may want to by pass this.

The written dialog is not as bad.

The next link explains fully how a body is cremated with a video. It does answer many questions and explains a lot. The video is respect to the deceased.

If mods want to remove, please do.

How Is A Body Cremated? – Cremation Resource

It was stated by KK, I believe, the tote melted into blobs. We don’t know if it burned or melted. There is a difference. What was the tote made of? Depending on the outcome of the tote depends on the outcome of the body.

Info below

Plastic Resins & Types of Packaging

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Heat-cause-plastic-to-melt

How hot is a camp fire depends on many factors, wood used, fuel used, how long it was burning. IMO from what I read he was not out there for days.

How Hot Does A Campfire Get? Every Camper Needs To Know This - March.2019

And finally how long does it take a body to be cremated at a crematorium?

Can the campfire burn the body like a crematorium?

Reading the below site, it states that if there is no secondary burn, the body may be crushed so the bones are more ash and fragments....not total ash.

IMO, there are bone pieces left. Even with gas, plastic and possible wood burning, he did not let thebody burn long enough, nor did he crush it. That is why LE is looking for remains.

I hope LE is able to find KB. He did not get rid of her totally. No way could he do the job of a crematorium.

ALERT GRAPHIC VIDEO explanation of cremation of a body. Some people may want to by pass this.

The written dialog is not as bad.

The next link explains fully how a body is cremated with a video. It does answer many questions and explains a lot. The video is respect to the deceased.

If mods want to remove, please do.

How Is A Body Cremated? – Cremation Resource

Thanks!

I think the consensus here is that PF would have been unable to reduce the body to anything resembling that of cremation.

It certainly bodes well for Kelsey’s recovery.

Coupled with the stunning success rate of Necrosearch, things are looking positive.

Heartbreaking as what he did to Kelsey is, I enjoy the fact that his betrayal of her, is now being paid back via KK’s betrayal of him.

Karma.

It's tragic. Absolutely tragic.

I know we focus a lot here on all the facts and evidence r/t the case, e.g., pings, texts, timelines, cameras, black totes, etc., but what struck me today as I was thinking about KB was what you've so aptly described as the heartbreaking nature of this awful crime.

It is tragic that baby K will grow up without her mother.
It is tragic that KB's parents will never see, hear, or touch their daughter again.
It is tragic that KB will not be able to raise her daughter, and will never get to see her grow into womanhood.

It is tragic that KB will not be able to experience all the tomorrows and tomorrows and tomorrows that should have been hers for years to come.

It is tragic that PF ever came within KB's orbit.
It is tragic that KB's last moments on earth were ones of excruciating pain, and terror.
It is tragic that what remains of her body currently lies buried like trash in a landfill.

The sole person responsible for all of this overwhelming tragedy is PF.

It is tragic that PF will likely get to live out his days in prison, vs. taking a state-administered lethal needle in his arm.

JMO.

Hi all Eve here,
This is my first post so correct any rule violations/mistakes so I can learn. Been following this closely:

My opinion:
PF is the brains here, particularly given his temperament and stronger motive (even if it’s vicariously through his family.) He wasn’t “leaving KB for KK,” he was using a desperate and pathetic woman. She strikes me as the type to fall in love with and wed serial killers on death row, driving thousands of miles to do his bidding, not unlike Kelsey’s sad last night on earth. I think he did it but there is reasonable doubt for that, and I believe they charged him twice with murder for that reason, the second charge being murder “alone or with another person” and adding robbery to make it a felony murder conviction (the party to a crime thing-you don’t have to be there-not sure if CO even has it or if that’s what they’re doing but that’s what I “heard”.)

My concerns:
Specifically,

* in one of the threads with the extremely detailed timeline with almost court transcripts, it says specifically that PF called a burner phone that pinged near him on the 22nd. The CBI testifying says that twice. Am I misinterpreting that? If not, then the prosecution has a real problem. Because that would support KK being there (southwest of KB’s house I think). How she could be in Ida the 23rd to trade cars I don’t know but it’s not good. Particularly since she admitted to burning multiple burner phones.
*KK says she was “instructed” to go to KB’s house to send a text. That implies that they aren’t stupid when it comes to cell phones. So what, then, is the purpose of burner phones? Surely PF knows that having KB’s phone with him for two days sending messages back and forth is not him being stupid. It must be purposeful.
*Generally I’m allergic to conspiracy theories but I believe he is trying to frame KK who is by no means innocent but they will pin it all on her and I’m afraid at least one juror will buy it. If they were using burners will there be evidence beyond her word of the solicitations? If not, that will be gone.

I see KK’s thrice attempted murders (if true) as-hear me out-more of a testament to her character. Not compared to a normal person- but compared to him. If that is true and they can prove it, it shows that she was pathetic and immoral but ultimately couldn’t or wouldn’t do it. I think PF could as he’s abusive to animals and that tells me all I need to know.

Bottom line: they’re both equally involved. The CSI effect though makes people confuse “reasonable” doubt with “bloody fingerprints and a video of the murder.” I mean, look at all of Scott Peterson’s supporters-there’s’s an astounding amount of circumstantial evidence but an enormous amount of people think he’s innocent. There is much less here. They’re both involved and I fear they may both walk. Poor KB, baby K and dear sweet CB. It’s always the sweetest and least deserving it seems that this happens to.

That was a lot. Any thoughts welcome, especially if you have more information/evidence re: burner phone communication on the 22nd. CBI agent confirms it twice that he is either by his or her house and the burner is Southwest of Kb’s House and then Divide. Problematic!

Welcome Eve.

I am behind on the threads, but I assume someone has corrected you by now as to the phone situation.

Welcome Eve.

I am behind on the threads, but I assume someone has corrected you by now as to the phone situation.

Yes, PommyMommy was able to help clarify the phone info.

It can be hard to follow the Everest-like mountain of ping and text info that PF so helpfully left for LE like so many neon flashing bread crumbs!

I’ve been so behind the eight ball here due to having to do Continuing Education requirements lately but I was just reading through page 1 of this thread and Tippy Lynn’s timeline (Super huge kudos to TL for the time in putting all that together)....

I get snagged up on the 7th bullet down for Thursday, November 22nd (Thanksgiving) where it says that CB stated she received a text from KB’s phone that “evening” that KB got her gun back and felt safe now with PF.

Obviously what we know now, KB appears not to have been alive on the evening of Thanksgiving , 11/22/2018 ...but I haven’t seen anything in the SW’s etc that mentions/references this text! “Safe now with PF” raises a big red flag for me (or should it mean safe now FROM PF) but I might be misunderstanding something (usually the case ) Did PF send this fake text??

Can anyone help me out of the woods on this one?? TIA

I’ve been so behind the eight ball here due to having to do Continuing Education requirements lately but I was just reading through page 1 of this thread and Tippy Lynn’s timeline (Super huge kudos to TL for the time in putting all that together)....

I get snagged up on the 7th bullet down for Thursday, November 22nd (Thanksgiving) where it says that CB stated she received a text from KB’s phone that “evening” that KB got her gun back and felt safe now with PF.

Obviously what we know now, KB appears not to have been alive on the evening of Thanksgiving , 11/22/2018 ...but I haven’t seen anything in the SW’s etc that mentions/references this text! “Safe now with PF” raises a big red flag for me (or should it mean safe now FROM PF) but I might be misunderstanding something (usually the case ) Did PF send this fake text??

Can anyone help me out of the woods on this one?? TIA

IIRC, it was determined that PF sent that text to CB. Its meaning is unclear, IMO. "Safe now" doesn't really make sense - why would she feel safe WITH him now that she got her gun back? What was PF trying to convey?

ITA it's one of the mysterious details we have here.
I hope we get clarification on it.

edited to remove a word

IIRC, it was determined that PF sent that text to CB. Its meaning is unclear, IMO. "Safe now" doesn't really make sense - why would she feel safe WITH him now that she got her gun back? What was PF trying to convey?

edited to remove a word
Thank You ... glad to know I wasn’t totally missing something! Much appreciated so I can move past it for now!

OT: when I first signed on tonight I read through the Deceased/Not Found thread of Andreen McDonald (29/Texas) thread. Scary how close that case is following this one! Beautiful successful woman/an 8 year old autistic/non verbal child who may have witnessed what happened/husband in custody/no body found yet but presumed dead... possible burning. I’ll be following both of these closely! So very sad!

I’m just wondering that if they were to find some of her remains, if the public will be informed or if we will have to wait. I understand wanting to keep it hush hush for trial, BUT most of us have been following along from the beginning hanging on pins and needles.. I think we deserve to know. Lol

MOO
even if they find "something," it probably has to be tested (lab) and then shared with the defense - maybe re-tested by them, so unlikely the public would get any real information in a short time frame. MO. then again, I guess some one unauthorized could try to release info to MSM.

Its pretty common for those in the ranching business to have more than one truck. Its almost necessary. So I am not surprised that he had a couple.
there was an old post by Dave F. that identified 3 trucks by make/model/yr/color...(1) red - newest, (impounded), (2) white, went to the waste transfer in Divide (3) dark...navy? very old and messy. Not sure what was being driven on the morning of PF's arrest, but I think some one knows from the photos...and not sure what other vehicles were at the ranch.

Hi all Eve here,
This is my first post so correct any rule violations/mistakes so I can learn. Been following this closely:

My opinion:
PF is the brains here, particularly given his temperament and stronger motive (even if it’s vicariously through his family.) He wasn’t “leaving KB for KK,” he was using a desperate and pathetic woman. She strikes me as the type to fall in love with and wed serial killers on death row, driving thousands of miles to do his bidding, not unlike Kelsey’s sad last night on earth. I think he did it but there is reasonable doubt for that, and I believe they charged him twice with murder for that reason, the second charge being murder “alone or with another person” and adding robbery to make it a felony murder conviction (the party to a crime thing-you don’t have to be there-not sure if CO even has it or if that’s what they’re doing but that’s what I “heard”.)

My concerns:
Specifically,

* in one of the threads with the extremely detailed timeline with almost court transcripts, it says specifically that PF called a burner phone that pinged near him on the 22nd. The CBI testifying says that twice. Am I misinterpreting that? If not, then the prosecution has a real problem. Because that would support KK being there (southwest of KB’s house I think). How she could be in Ida the 23rd to trade cars I don’t know but it’s not good. Particularly since she admitted to burning multiple burner phones.
*KK says she was “instructed” to go to KB’s house to send a text. That implies that they aren’t stupid when it comes to cell phones. So what, then, is the purpose of burner phones? Surely PF knows that having KB’s phone with him for two days sending messages back and forth is not him being stupid. It must be purposeful.
*Generally I’m allergic to conspiracy theories but I believe he is trying to frame KK who is by no means innocent but they will pin it all on her and I’m afraid at least one juror will buy it. If they were using burners will there be evidence beyond her word of the solicitations? If not, that will be gone.

I see KK’s thrice attempted murders (if true) as-hear me out-more of a testament to her character. Not compared to a normal person- but compared to him. If that is true and they can prove it, it shows that she was pathetic and immoral but ultimately couldn’t or wouldn’t do it. I think PF could as he’s abusive to animals and that tells me all I need to know.

Bottom line: they’re both equally involved. The CSI effect though makes people confuse “reasonable” doubt with “bloody fingerprints and a video of the murder.” I mean, look at all of Scott Peterson’s supporters-there’s’s an astounding amount of circumstantial evidence but an enormous amount of people think he’s innocent. There is much less here. They’re both involved and I fear they may both walk. Poor KB, baby K and dear sweet CB. It’s always the sweetest and least deserving it seems that this happens to.

That was a lot. Any thoughts welcome, especially if you have more information/evidence re: burner phone communication on the 22nd. CBI agent confirms it twice that he is either by his or her house and the burner is Southwest of Kb’s House and then Divide. Problematic!

he could have been testing out burner phones with some one other than KK, unless you are saying it was one she had and used. For some reason (?) I thought PF purchased burner phones and "distributed them," but I have no source for that. Did PF and KK each purchase burner phones? Do we know ? [other posters have since clarified that the pings in question were from PF's phone, but I am still unsure about the # of burner phones. we know that KK burned one back home in ID.]

Last edited:

edited to remove a word
I think PF was trying to to avert suspicion by painting a picture of them ending the relationship on friendly terms. By feeling safe he meant that Kelsey trusted him and was grateful for keeping her safe (the opposite of what he was doing) despite breaking up with him. On the other hand, it also implied that he was not worried about her being suicidal. Weren't they planning to claim that Kelsey went away and killed herself?

Unfortunately, in order to discern PF’s likely plan, we would have to get inside his head.

That would require a reduction of brain cells that could only be achieved by copious amounts of drugs, alcohol, and CTE.

He is as evil as he is stupid.
Some perps get away with murder not because of their intelligence, but because of luck. Also, some otherwise smart people have committed crimes and got caught. IMO PF thought he had it all figured out and had all the bases covered, especially after the Watts case. He had to make sure that there was no body. Had he not made mistakes with the phones he would have been much closer to getting off.

It’s almost as if PF always had a coverup in mind from the beginning of how he was going to make kB dissapear.

But as places and dates changed he didn’t alter the coverup so that it aligned with the actual crime.

It’s truly stunning how he made sense of it in his twisted mind

MOEO

Some perps get away with murder not because of their intelligence, but because of luck. Also, some otherwise smart people have committed crimes and got caught. IMO PF thought he had it all figured out and had all the bases covered, especially after the Watts case. He had to make sure that there was no body. Had he not made mistakes with the phones he would have been much closer to getting off.
Absolutely true. Had he not involved KK in this, had he come up with a simpler scenario, and had he not made an epic screw up regarding the phones, he could have potentially gotten away with this.

He just happened to outsmart himself.

Absolutely true. Had he not involved KK in this, had he come up with a simpler scenario, and had he not made an epic screw up regarding the phones, he could have potentially gotten away with this.

He just happened to outsmart himself.

BBM:

If by "outsmart" you mean PF managed to completely frazee himself, then, yes, I agree.

However, this is PF we're talking about here.

He's incapable of outsmarting anyone...not even himself.

How ironic.

JMO.

But I think his arrogance made him believe he could pin it on KK somehow. Even after the murder. He just wasn’t smart enough to think it through. I believe he knows he is done but will still plead not guilty, praying for a hung jury. I would love to know what his thoughts are right now. I am certain he believed KK was so in love with him she would never tell on him. As it turns out, I am sure she was just in heat.
He appears quite arrogant and entitled, so he might be in denial. No body, no conviction, was likely his original plan.

He appears quite arrogant and entitled, so he might be in denial. No body, no conviction, was likely his original plan.
I definitely agree.

I said that as soon as he lawyered up.

It was clear that he was thinking “no body, no crime, no murder charge.”

He was all but challenging law enforcement to make a case against him, and they did not disappoint.

Well, us anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member