IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading and following along. I am getting dizzy just trying to figure out who is who. I guess that Amiah is the only that really matters in a case like this.

I pray that Amiah be found safe and these so called adults are just playing a game of hide and seek. I doubt that is true. Until we have official news I can always hope. imo
I did actually harbor some hope initially that the boyfriend may have hidden her with relatively safe people as a way of regaining control over her, not thinking she would report it out of fear of him.

Absolutely correct.
Sadly it was a murder before the first dime was dropped.
MOO

I know it’s a long shot, but what if the baby was injured badly and someone is hiding her out until she’s visibly healed?

I know that’s horrible, but it would be better than the baby being dead.

I fear she is likely dead but I’m not at 100% yet. Maybe just because there’s been so many awful recent deaths of infants or kids on WS.

I hate my gut feeling.....but tomorrow might or might not be a week. I just no longer understand you losing track of your child, while you are having a date night at hotel 6. Really???? And WHERE WAS HER BROTHER?????????

I know it’s a long shot, but what if the baby was injured badly and someone is hiding her out until she’s visibly healed?

I fear she is likely dead but I’m not at 100% yet. Maybe just because there’s been so many awful recent deaths of infants or kids on WS.

I hadn't thought of that option. Would be the best possible outcome at this point.

I did actually harbor some hope initially that the boyfriend may have hidden her with relatively safe people as a way of regaining control over her, not thinking she would report it out of fear of him.
I always hate to jump to the conclusion that the child is dead to start with. With the age of the people involved I just don't know what kind of game they are playing. Or who is going to talk. By game I am not talking about a real game but to them it is a game in a sense.

I am sure LE knows someone is lying. LE usually can tell when stories don't match or change. I will leave it up to them to figure it out.

Sadly no.

I always hate to jump to the conclusion that the child is dead to start with. With the age of the people involved I just don't know what kind of game they are playing. Or who is going to talk. By game I am not talking about a real game but to them it is a game in a sense.

I am sure LE knows someone is lying. LE usually can tell when stories don't match or change. I will leave it up to them to figure it out.
I don’t like to do that either, but in following countless cases with these same elements (conflicting stories, shady characters, suspicious circumstances), I’m not sure I’ve seen one have a happy outcome.

I’m not buying what these people are selling, and I’m convinced that law enforcement is looking for a body.

Boy, I’d love to be wrong though.

I don’t like to do that either, but in following countless cases with these same elements (conflicting stories, shady characters, suspicious circumstances), I’m not sure I’ve seen one have a happy outcome.

I’m not buying what these people are selling, and I’m convinced that law enforcement is looking for a body.

Boy, I’d love to be wrong though.
I know what you mean about following cases. I have seen so many bad outcomes. Parents lie all the time about missing children.

I know I am probably wrong and I will be sad when the outcome is deceased. It happens more often that alive. I am just trying to be non-judgemental right now. moo

I hate to make my introduction like this but here it goes. I live just south of Indianapolis. I see people like the mother all the time. They have that dead eye look. From interacting with them I can tell you that it's usually low IQ or drugs, or both. It's incredibly difficult to hold a conversation with them. Most conversation revolves around themselves and their family. If it involves critical thinking skills or a wordsmith you will not find it. It's simply not there.
Does the word “associate” have another meaning in your area? The only thing I could think of is that Amiah isn’t in her mother’s care and she was about to be put back in her care. The way she was talking about “their time together” it was almost like I would describe visiting a child.

Does the word “associate” have another meaning in your area? The only thing I could think of is that Amiah isn’t in her mother’s care and she was about to be put back in her care. The way she was talking about “their time together” it was almost like I would describe visiting a child.

I hope I'm using the quote function correctly. "Associate" can mean to hang out/spend time with her. I've not heard it used in association with a baby though. More like a date type situation or hanging out with friends.

I totally got that vibe, too. It didn't seem to me, at all, like she's a mother who had custody of her child.

“According to IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie, officials followed up on a tip, that related to the missing infant's case, and discovered items on the shoreline of the White River. The details of the items found, investigators will not release at this time.“

Missing Amiah Developments: Police searching near White River

(It’s odd to be quoting from theindychannel.com (and IndyStar.com) where I’ve quoted so much for Abby’s and Libby’s case)

——

“Wishner said that some items were found near the White River at around 5 p.m. Wednesday, but it has not been confirmed that those are connected to the case.

"It's unclear if they are related to the baby, but we're doing our due diligence and following up with all leads,” Wishner said. She did not say what the items were.“

Baby missing since Saturday is subject of search in Indianapolis, with FBI assisting

—-

“Officers responded to the area of West McCarty Street near the river just after 4:40 p.m. They'd received a tip about some potential evidence related to the case, IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie told IndyStar.

Authorities found some items along the shoreline that could possibly be related to the child's disappearance, but Gillespie says police need to analyze the items further.

"It’s inconclusive at this time," he said.

Divers searched the water but did not recover anything, Gillespie said.”

Indianapolis police: Crews search White River in case of missing 8-month-old

—-

FBI now involved in search for missing baby, surveillance video obtained

“Eyewitness News Reporter Steve Jefferson has also obtained surveillance video the FBI has gathered. The March 16 video shows a truck, with what appears to be two or three people in it, at a dumpster in 8-month-old Amiah Robertson's babysitter's neighborhood. One of the people gets out, goes behind the truck, then eventually drives away.

Minutes later a second camera records the same truck pull up to the babysitter's home. Amiah was supposed to have been dropped off at the home.“

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member