CANADA Canada - Identify man hit by a truck who left the hospital early, Toronto,19 March 2019

dotr

Reaction score

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #43460
Case #: 2019-500668
On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, at 6:10 p.m., police responded to a call for a Personal Injury Collision that occurred in the area of Perth Avenue and Wallace Avenue.

It is reported that:

- a male pedestrian was walking eastbound on the south side of Wallace Avenue approaching Perth Avenue

- a white Ford F350 pick-up truck, operating westbound on Wallace Avenue, made a left turn to proceed southbound on Perth Avenue and struck the male pedestrian

- the pedestrian sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital

Police are requesting the public's assistance identifying the pedestrian. He is described as white, with an olive complexion, 5'6", 175 lbs., between 55-65 years old, with brown eyes, grey hair, a moustache, and a "U"-shaped scar under his ribs.

He was wearing blue jeans, a brown belt, a burgundy/red plaid shirt, grey hiking shoes, and a black wind breaker jacket with an orange collar. He was wearing a watch and had keys to an older model Nissan.

Yikes. Life threatening injuries then apparently just dresses himself and calmly walks off. Weird. Maybe be had a brain bleed or some other head injury. He’s seemingly well dressed and clean to have been hit by a truck :/ Hope he’s okay.

Perhaps he didn’t have insurance.

I don’t know what Canadian laws are. But he may have not wanted to be billed for an expensive hospital bill.

Just a thought.

If he’s Canadian and has a health care card (like virtually all Canadians - I’m sure there are a few mad trappers off the grid somewhere) his medical care while in hospital would be 100% free.

Perhaps he didn’t have insurance.

I don’t know what Canadian laws are. But he may have not wanted to be billed for an expensive hospital bill.

Just a thought.

Even without a health card, it is very rare for a hospital to charge a person for medical care. I am confident that this is not the reason why they are looking for him. It is not legal for the hospital to look for a bad debt in this way.

Even without a health card, it is very rare for a hospital to charge a person for medical care. I am confident that this is not the reason why they are looking for him. It is not legal for the hospital to look for a bad debt in this way.

And in fact they didn’t know who he was, so how could they know if he had a health card? It’s not like they’d turn anyone away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back