CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some truck, PF had also to return to KB, because it was her's ..... :confused::confused:
Maybe, the mastermind created a story of his car/s been at KB, her car/s been at the Franch and vice versa in relatively quick succession. Finally nobody knows, for which purpose which car was where. His plan?
Who's on First .........

I was searching for that exact thing earlier. I was searching the timeline for “target shooting”. I seem to remember the gun being given back the night before (on 11/21) and that KB told CB she “felt safe” and had gone or was going to go target shooting. And that she told CB that the night before. Maybe I’m remembering it incorrectly, but I’d swear we discussed it before. Hmmm.... going to search some more.
I believe the target shooting took place during the cattle call run.

“She felt safe now” implied to me that KB felt safer in general, having her self protection back. Oddly, there aren’t a lot of indications that KB feared PF, aside from the hospital outburst and there were some unhappy horse customers. Of course, we’ve heard KK was afraid.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if Ma F wasn’t herself afraid of PF.

I’m sure we will hear much more at trial, especially if there was a history of threats or abuse. We shall see.
If any Frazees speak!

I believe the target shooting took place during the cattle call run.
So! ( heavy on the twang ) why would he text CB about the gun and KB feeling safe now. CW told on himself by stating his house felt like a ghost town. What was PF stating? Did he intend to kill KB on the eve and early morning of the 21-22nd, shoot her with her own gun and explain that " She just put the gun to her head and pulled the trigger"?
Did he need dumb tums to make him feel well enough to swing a bat instead of pull a trigger? Question never answered IMO

This has also been worrisome to me, and I reached pretty similiar conclusions as you in regards to her meaning "safe" as in emotionally safe or stable. I am unsure as to whether PF said this or if this is what PF told CB. The deal with the gun went back to New Year's Eve after the baby was born. KB put a gun to her head and threatened to shoot herself. PF took her gun away at that time. This was mentioned by CB so it apparently happened. Remember that PF said that they broke up on New Year's Eve of the previous year. This is my theory, at this point, connecting some of the dots. I think that KB expected that they would get married now that the baby was born. I think that was when PF used the lack of money to delay marrying her and she was devastated and probably ashamed because she had had a baby out of wedlock and now the dad was not marrying her. It appears that they did not fully break up, and had an up and down relationship. I feel this is what put KB in a deep depression. I think she also emotionally started pulling away from him. For some people, when you expect to spend a lifetime with someone and are deeply committed you can't just poof, and walk away. You slowly start to separate emotionally and detach. PF likely sensed this and would tug on her heart strings to pull her back. He wanted control ove whether she stayed or left. I think she was afraid of him and wanted to leave but was also afraid to do so.

I think that Patrick gave the gun back and said she seemed to be in an emotionally good place in order to make sure CB and law enforcement knew that she had a gun. Obviously that gun was missing. This was to set the stage that she went somewhere and committed suicide. He mentioned this in his interview with law enforcement. To both CB and LE, he made sure it sounded like she was stable and good with the breakup...in fact, as though she were the one beaking up. It would have been negligent of him to give the gun back if she were distraught, so he needed to play up what a good place she was in. This could have been believeable that she hiked out somewhere and ended things, but that would have required that it be local and there were those Idaho pings. Idaho could have been believeable, but her vehicles were in the driveway. To have come up with elaborate scenarios and then forgot key points is just so weird.
good post nan
just some thoughts bouncing off your post.

kb buying her condo in September confuses me.
was it a act of independence or necessity?
this was the moment if only she went home to the berreths and let crazy frazee be a long distance dad.

PFs father figure mate suggested that she may have run off with someone from work.
there was talk about her having dinner or to that effect with a male leading up to the murder.
whether this was just a friend, trying to make PF jealous or something romantic brewing I hope we find out.
but PF used this incident to suggest early on someone else picked her up that's why her cars where all accounted for.

imo he had so many different plans on where she is /went he ended up muddling it all together in a mishmash :confused: which tells us he really is an egg short of a dozen.o_O

So! ( heavy on the twang ) why would he text CB about the gun and KB feeling safe now. CW told on himself by stating his house felt like a ghost town. What was PF stating? Did he intend to kill KB on the eve and early morning of the 21-22nd, shoot her with her own gun and explain that " She just put the gun to her head and pulled the trigger"?
Did he need dumb tums to make him feel well enough to swing a bat instead of pull a trigger? Question never answered IMO
im starting to get the vibes by all his stories rolling into each other that there may have been MANY attempts.
and ultimately the baseball bat was so OTT to us but to someone who kept putting off what he desired or chickened out of, think the night before was it....and when it didn't happen a powerful urge to obliterate her formed the next day.... no matter the mess or consequence.:oops::oops:

moo

@SandyQLS , responding to your post about the fire not being reported on the last thread. I lived in the foothills north of there, from 2 acre to 35 acre plots, even at an acre away it's difficult to notice a plume of smoke and if so if a neighbor is starting the fireplace or woodstove with fresh cut wood, or burning weeds. Or God Forbid a body which would never cross anyones mind even if we noticed a plume of smoke. That said, wood stoves for heating above a certain elevation in some counties are exempt from open burn bands unless it's for bad air quality. If I saw a smoke plume I would not report it, always a neighbor was burning weeds or starting the stove or fireplace.

Idk, my home was on the outskirts of a wildfire that burned over 600 homes to the ground. It was caused by lightening, a tiny plume of smoke reported 2 days before it took off in ideal fire danger conditions. For better or worse, I doubt anyone noticed the small plume of smoke from the trough at momma frazee's and if they did would not have been alarmed nor reported it.

@SandyQLS , responding to your post about the fire not being reported on the last thread. I lived in the foothills north of there, from 2 acre to 35 acre plots, even at an acre away it's difficult to notice a plume of smoke and if so if a neighbor is starting the fireplace or woodstove with fresh cut wood, or burning weeds. Or God Forbid a body which would never cross anyones mind even if we noticed a plume of smoke. That said, wood stoves for heating above a certain elevation in some counties are exempt from open burn bands unless it's for bad air quality. If I saw a smoke plume I would not report it, always a neighbor was burning weeds or starting the stove or fireplace.

Idk, my home was on the outskirts of a wildfire that burned over 600 homes to the ground. It was caused by lightening, a tiny plume of smoke reported 2 days before it took off in ideal fire danger conditions. For better or worse, I doubt anyone noticed the small plume of smoke from the trough at momma frazee's and if they did would not have been alarmed nor reported it.

Yep I agree pretty common, not everything gets reported.

MOEO

good post nan
just some thoughts bouncing off your post.

kb buying her condo in September confuses me.
was it a act of independence or necessity?
this was the moment if only she went home to the berreths and let crazy frazee be a long distance dad.

PFs father figure mate suggested that she may have run off with someone from work.
there was talk about her having dinner or to that effect with a male leading up to the murder.
whether this was just a friend, trying to make PF jealous or something romantic brewing I hope we find out.
but PF used this incident to suggest early on someone else picked her up that's why her cars where all accounted for.

imo he had so many different plans on where she is /went he ended up muddling it all together in a mishmash :confused: which tells us he really is an egg short of a dozen.o_O
KB purchased her home in May, 2018.
Fiancé of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth arrested, charged with murder

This could have been believeable that she hiked out somewhere and ended things, but that would have required that it be local and there were those Idaho pings. Idaho could have been believeable, but her vehicles were in the driveway. To have come up with elaborate scenarios and then forgot key points is just so weird.

I have a feeling that PF's plan was for KK to drive KB's truck toward KB's grandmother's, probably with the body. I think KK knew this and borrowed her friend's car so hers wouldn't be seen in WP, Florissant, etc. KK was probably working on TG and maybe the day after. KK may have just balked at going to "clean up the mess" but she probably knows that beating KB to death with a bat was not going to look like a gunshot or a car going off the road. It was going to look really suspicious if they found KB's body with a bullet in the head AFTER being beaten to death. She probably told PF in that phone call on TG that it would never fly and that she wasn't about to drive KB's body to Idaho, but they could make it look like she had just disappeared. If she drove to Idaho with KB's body and vehicle, she had to get back to pick up her friend's car, but PF wanted to make sure he was seen in and around WP after KB disappeared. Maybe KK was supposed to bring her aunt or one of those friends to drive back the car she drove to WP. It might have been KK's idea for PF to call/text KB's phone to make it look like she was still alive, but he's too stupid to figure out that LE could tell where the phones were physically located. By the time LE started looking for her, PF had screwed up the lies he was supposed to tell. Before the murder, PF was making the plans and after the murder, KK took over. That's why the plans changed. MOO.

This has also been worrisome to me, and I reached pretty similiar conclusions as you in regards to her meaning "safe" as in emotionally safe or stable. I am unsure as to whether PF said this or if this is what PF told CB. The deal with the gun went back to New Year's Eve after the baby was born. KB put a gun to her head and threatened to shoot herself. PF took her gun away at that time. This was mentioned by CB so it apparently happened. Remember that PF said that they broke up on New Year's Eve of the previous year. This is my theory, at this point, connecting some of the dots. I think that KB expected that they would get married now that the baby was born. I think that was when PF used the lack of money to delay marrying her and she was devastated and probably ashamed because she had had a baby out of wedlock and now the dad was not marrying her. It appears that they did not fully break up, and had an up and down relationship. I feel this is what put KB in a deep depression. I think she also emotionally started pulling away from him. For some people, when you expect to spend a lifetime with someone and are deeply committed you can't just poof, and walk away. You slowly start to separate emotionally and detach. PF likely sensed this and would tug on her heart strings to pull her back. He wanted control ove whether she stayed or left. I think she was afraid of him and wanted to leave but was also afraid to do so.

I think that Patrick gave the gun back and said she seemed to be in an emotionally good place in order to make sure CB and law enforcement knew that she had a gun. Obviously that gun was missing. This was to set the stage that she went somewhere and committed suicide. He mentioned this in his interview with law enforcement. To both CB and LE, he made sure it sounded like she was stable and good with the breakup...in fact, as though she were the one beaking up. It would have been negligent of him to give the gun back if she were distraught, so he needed to play up what a good place she was in. This could have been believeable that she hiked out somewhere and ended things, but that would have required that it be local and there were those Idaho pings. Idaho could have been believeable, but her vehicles were in the driveway. To have come up with elaborate scenarios and then forgot key points is just so weird.

Yes, those annoying pings! How these two did not realize that if everything else went off with no hitch (which they didn’t), LE would follow the cell phone trail is unbelievable. It just goes to show neithe PF nor KK is too sharp. Then there’s leaving KB’s vehicle in her drive while trying to pitch the tale of her off to visit her grandmother. These two devils are complete evil screw-ups (thank goodness). Let’s hope justice and karma will be served in this case.
JMO

She obviously made tremendous contributions, but it was PF involving her in the first place, that led to his downfall.

Coupled with his lies, and idiotic cell phone activity, I’m giving him most of the credit for digging his own grave.

She couldn’t squeal on him, if PF didn’t first enlist her help.

Do we even understand why he did it? I mean, any motive? Anything?

If any Frazees speak!

Agreed, if the Frazees speak, (willingly or by court order), we will learn more about their family’s interactions with PF. This topic nearly created a virtual riot on the last thread, so I won’t belabor that point.

Mostly, I’m hoping if the case goes to trial (vs. the unlikely guilty plea by PF), to hear more about the relationship dynamics between PF and KB. Did she fear this monster? Was she trying to get away from him? Or was she in love and never saw it coming?

Either way, it should never have ended how it ended. Praying for justice for Kelsey.

I was searching for that exact thing earlier. I was searching the timeline for “target shooting”. I seem to remember the gun being given back the night before (on 11/21) and that KB told CB she “felt safe” and had gone or was going to go target shooting. And that she told CB that the night before. Maybe I’m remembering it incorrectly, but I’d swear we discussed it before. Hmmm.... going to search some more.
ITA.... I do remember the target practice being mentioned when she got her gun back.... the timing of the target practice I thought was the night before as well!

I think a large plastic tote doused with gasoline and holding a human body is going to make a large, dark, stinking smoke that would gather attention.

JMO

I think a large plastic tote doused with gasoline and holding a human body is going to make a large, dark, stinking smoke that would gather attention.

JMO

I think it did produce dark smoke, I don’t think anyone had any reason to be suspicious.

Unless someone lives in a very rural area they will probably never understand how common burning various things is. Moo

Right or wrong, illegal or legal. It happens quite frequently and many pay no attention. Unless it’s the middle of the summer and very dry.

Last edited:

JMO
At night you most likely would not be able to see the black plume of smoke, and depending on wind direction if anyone nearby would smell it. I do know plastic or similar compounds would smell horribly , if you have ever smelled a vehicle tire burning I think that would come close to the smell, adding quite a bit of wood might cover it a little. Gasoline IMO would only enhance it. No wonder KK reported a headache if she stayed around the fire for any length of time plus she was sleep deprived we assume.
It seems to me they panicked and just did the first thing that came to mind, PF had over 24 hours to have thought of a better plan than burning IMO .

It appears to have been over custody.

A custody document was seized from from the Frazee property, that was written back in August (solicitations began in September).

One of the search warrants also detailed how social services was called at the hospital, when the baby was born.

PF wasn’t happy that mom and baby weren’t having what he thought, was proper bonding time.

He let this be known (through that famous temper of his), and staff became concerned that he was abusing Kelsey.

He was a possessive man with a temper, who wanted sole custody.

Last edited:
I think it did produce dark smoke, I don’t think anyone had any reason to be suspicious.

Unless someone lives in a very rural area they will probably never understand how common burning various things is. Moo

Right or wrong, illegal or legal. It happens quite frequently and many pay no attention. Unless it’s the middle of the summer and very dry.

Replied to add: and I’ll gurantee you it’s not the first time that someone has burned various things on the Franch property. Moo

According to KK, he said KB was abusing the baby. This is almost certainly a lie, but I think what he wanted was sole custody of the child. He could not have sole custody as long as KB was alive, but if they shared custody he would almost certainly have had to pay child support, which he probably did not intend to do. I believe it was a combination of those two things, custody and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth