UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what I found! It starts tomorrow at 9:30 am!

And I looked up what the phrase 'adjourned diet for sentence' means, according to google search it means:

'15.8 When a judge adjourns the diet for sentence for the purpose of obtaining background reports, the case is often adjourned to Edinburgh because that is where the judge is scheduled, or most likely, to be sitting on the date to which it is adjourned.'

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/misc-crime-list/18-march-2019.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Ah, good to know! Thank you.

Look what I found! It starts tomorrow at 9:30 am!

And I looked up what the phrase 'adjourned diet for sentence' means, according to google search it means:

'15.8 When a judge adjourns the diet for sentence for the purpose of obtaining background reports, the case is often adjourned to Edinburgh because that is where the judge is scheduled, or most likely, to be sitting on the date to which it is adjourned.'

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/misc-crime-list/18-march-2019.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Well found. Many thanks. Also good to have a confirmed time.

What's chilling about this "boy" is the insane brutality of what he did to a baby but coupled with the utter casualness of his body language on the CCTV video.

THAT'S what is terrifying to me. This wasn't some out of control young person who developed a sudden, uncontrollable rage. It was planned and then calmly executed until he got to the savagery. Then he was calm again.

This is a person who can't be rehabilitated IMO. If he was 10, maybe. But no. By that age with that level of coolness coupled with savagery?

I'm scared about what he will do when he gets out. All he's going to learn in prison is how to game the system. How to fool people even more. How to be a better criminal.

It's chilling.

“To hear people say this is the worse case in Scotland is horrible. Now my child will be known for that. Alesha always wanted to be famous – but never like this"

This quote from her mother made me tear up, hoping for the best today, Alesha deserves justice. Give him whatever in Scotland is the maximum but with a chance to increase it after the time is up so there's a chance this never gets out.

Just thinking of Alesha’s Mum, Dad and the wider family this morning. Hope is all they have right now, that justice will be served with the maximum sentence given. Positive thoughts going their way. If only it made a difference xo

Me too, I want to know how he responds to the judges comments and his sentence, I hope they do report on it. I wonder if they didn’t see him smile maybe? I think the press are sat in a separate bit from the family so it’s possible they didn’t see?

I expect the past few weeks have well and truly wiped that smirk from his face now. He’s going down for a very,very long time. I think Lord Matthews will set a precedent today, I do hope so.

I really hope he gets a life means life sentence, is that even possible?

I watched a programme last night where a boy in Dundee murdered when he was 15, he was jailed for life but then a changed in the law meant that any life sentences had to have a tariff attached to them when someone could be considered for release, he was released after 17 years only to go on and try and kill again.. weeks after being released..

I feel if AC is ever released there’s a chance of him doing something like this again, I think there are certain people who just can’t be fixed.

"In a rare move a camera will be allowed in court to film Campbell's sentencing."

Alesha MacPhail killer to be sentenced

I thought that I read that a few days ago. I wonder why this time?
Possibly because it’s been such a high profile case.

Sarahjo - I have that same foreboding feeling. Maybe he’ll get parole aged 30...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member