IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margarita,

That was an incredible find. I have no idea how you got to that historical document. Bravo!

Alright, all you lovely people, I'm worn out by the stress of this case. I don't even like seeing pictures of Amiah because she looks so sweet and terribly vulnerable. Sadly, she is clearly surrounded by so many messed up people. Ugh.

Sleep well my friends and I'll check in tomorrow morning.

Just jumping on this case (heard about it late yesterday afternoon at work) and if Amber had "remembered" something she thought would be important in helping locate Amiah, why did she not contact Law Enforcement and have them go to that location?

Why did she go to that location and just "happen" to stumble upon items that belonged to Amiah and her boyfriend?

And why was she out of sight of Law Enforcement for her to go out to this location to possibly plant or tamper with evidence?

I know the basic consensus here is that she isn't smart enough to pull something like this off, but I think she thinks she can...

Time will only tell if she's as stubborn and as cold blooded as Casey Anthony. The majority of us thought Casey was dumb as hell and there was no way she would get away with what she did to Caylee, but we were all left extremely heartbroken when we found out that yes, she could and she did.

With the right people (enablers, leeches and lawyers), Amber could keep this up for as long as she wants.

I think Amber knows exactly what happened to Amiah and I think she knows exactly where she's at.

I will admit if I am wrong though.

Margarita,

That was an incredible find. I have no idea how you got to that historical document. Bravo!

Alright, all you lovely people, I'm worn out by the stress of this case. I don't even like seeing pictures of Amiah because she looks so sweet and terribly vulnerable. Sadly, she is clearly surrounded by so many messed up people. Ugh.

Sleep well my friends and I'll check in tomorrow morning.

That was a trip!!!!!

So looking st the map, it appears LE would have been standing on the “Eagle Creek Greenway” which then looks into Eagle Creek (going by cross streets of Sadie and McCarty)?? Wait I’m all turned around. Brain fart.

Looking for picture I saw of cross street signs.

ETA:
Photo number 2 in the gallery:
IMPD investigating items found on near west side; unclear if related to missing baby
—-

“The area between White River and Big Eagle Creek, south of the Conrail tracks and north of Raymond Street was first incorporated as the town of West Indianapolis in 1882, and in 1890 had a population of 3,527. West Indianapolis became an incorporated city in 1894, and was annexed into the City of Indianapolis in1897.”

History & Culture – West Indianapolis - West Indianapolis

I’m looking for the Conrail tracks out of curiosity

—-

Eagle Creek Trail in Indiana | TrailLink

ETA2: I’ve gone cross eyed, going to hang it up for tonight lol.

Last edited:
:)I live in Indianapolis. The area where this is taking place is an area riddled with drug activity. The White River, while it may seem a distance on the maps is very accessible from Washington St. It's not a river that can be used for enjoyment or entertainment at all. It's polluted, dirty, and the city does not utilize it.

It separates the west side from downtown Indianapolis. There are homeless people who live under the bridges that connect to downtown and there is a lot of drug activity along the river.

The area this is revolving around is just around 2 miles or so west of downtown, and that 2 miles makes a huge difference.

Ps... good work @margarita25 !! Haven't been back since the Watts case but remember you well :):):)

Last edited:
Just jumping on this case (heard about it late yesterday afternoon at work) and if Amber had "remembered" something she thought would be important in helping locate Amiah, why did she not contact Law Enforcement and have them go to that location?

Why did she go to that location and just "happen" to stumble upon items that belonged to Amiah and her boyfriend?

And why was she out of sight of Law Enforcement for her to go out to this location to possibly plant or tamper with evidence?

I know the basic consensus here is that she isn't smart enough to pull something like this off, but I think she thinks she can...

Time will only tell if she's as stubborn and as cold blooded as Casey Anthony. The majority of us thought Casey was dumb as hell and there was no way she would get away with what she did to Caylee, but we were all left extremely heartbroken when we found out that yes, she could and she did.

With the right people (enablers, leeches and lawyers), Amber could keep this up for as long as she wants.

I think Amber knows exactly what happened to Amiah and I think she knows exactly where she's at.

I will admit if I am wrong though.

One thing I was automatically reminded of was ARS, Jessica Ridgeway’s killer, who tossed Jessica’s backpack in the opposite direction from where she really was in order to get LE searching elsewhere (this is straight from his own disgusting mouth). I don’t know that this is the case here, as these are compleeetely different types of cases but it was the first thing that crossed my mind.

But perhaps this area really is of significance, and she wants to appear as the one who leads LE there.

:)I live in Indianapolis. The area where this is taking place is an area riddled with drug activity. The White River, while it may seem a distance on the maps is very accessible from Washington St. It's not a river that can be used for enjoyment or entertainment at all. It's polluted, dirty, and the city does not utilize it.

It separates the west side from downtown Indianapolis. There are homeless people who live under the bridges that connect to downtown and there is a lot of drug activity along the river.

The area this is revolving around is just around 2 miles or so west of downtown, and that 2 miles makes a huge difference.

Ps... good work @margarita25 !! Haven't been back since the Watts case but remember you well :):):)

Hi Johnny1181, Nice to see you, and yes, Shine Like Shanann! :)

Thank you for the local insight. I did notice the pollution aspect and would say that if anything is in these waters, chances are the forensic/evidentiary value could be compromised due to the infinite number of contaminants listed in the articles upstream (post 437).

This area (from a map view) reminds me a lot of where Adam Gilbertson was found in Denver. Volunteer searchers (who ended up finding Adam) had to step over feces and dirty needles everywhere. He was found in the South Platte River.

(Source:
“The terrain, walking in through this is really rough,” Wonder explained. “We’re having to use human chains to get down to the river… We have found different (homeless) camps. A lot of needles… A lot of feces.”
‘He’s Our Little Brother’: 130 Search For Missing Hospice Nurse )

I mentioned upstream that I feel for whoever had to dive in those waters.
(ETA: IIRC from the video that @TTF14 likes :)) haha, he said fire dept went in the water to recover the items? Maybe I dreamed this?

(Quote upstream, “IFS” at “Sadie Site”—going back?)

What about sheds in that area, Johnny? I’m assuming the shanties from the historical document have been torn down. I did see some shed like structures along McCarty, iirc.

Note to go back to the “Martinsville” quote (iirc), I think that was mentioned in the historical document. I know “Warman” was, which is near 1907 W McCarty because that was the route taken (1.1 miles) from 224 S Holmes.

Last edited:

Thank you for the local insight. I did notice the pollution aspect and would say that if anything is in these waters, chances are the forensic/evidentiary value could be compromised due to the infinite number of contaminants listed in the articles upstream (post 437).

This area (from a map view) reminds me a lot of where Adam Gilbertson was found in Denver. Volunteer searchers (who ended up finding Adam) had to step over feces and dirty needles everywhere. He was found in the South Platte River.

(Source:
“The terrain, walking in through this is really rough,” Wonder explained. “We’re having to use human chains to get down to the river… We have found different (homeless) camps. A lot of needles… A lot of feces.”

(ETA: IIRC from the video that @TTF14 likes :)) haha, he said fire dept went in the water to recover the items? Maybe I dreamed this?

What about sheds in that area, Johnny? I’m assuming the shanties from the historical document have been torn down. I did see some shed like structures along McCarty, iirc.

Note to go back to the “Martinsville” quote (iirc), I think that was mentioned in the historical document. I know “Warman” was, which is near 1907 W McCarty because that was the route taken (1.1 miles) from 224 S Holmes.
Hey there! Still shining like Shannan!!
I'm going to head to bed in a few (been studying all night) but I'll try to tackle a couple of things in your post. I will def follow up tomorrow.

The houses can tend to look like shanties. I live about 4 miles or so from there on the other side of downtown because I attend the University that sits right in the middle.

There really is no terrain in Indiana... lol! I'm not from here but upon coming here the first thing you notice is there is no terrain.

I've biked along the White River many, many times. There are weeds, and the hill leading down is steep. And there are secluded areas for sure.

But to put it into perspective, this area is literally within 2 miles of the downtown city. It's not remote. The city zoo is down the street from where they're searching.

But I will add that the west side of Indianapolis, where this is taking place, is very drug infected. It's not somewhere you go alone after dark. There's just a lot of drugs there. I forgot I'm supposed to add imo... lol... but really that's just my experience. The area near there is also called Haughville. It's just simply drug infested.

Hi everyone first time posting on here,so I'm still learning rules,sorry in advance if I post something that I'm not meant to on here!i was just wondering if the tip was called in at same time as her ex bf was realeased? 4.40? The timing seems very odd if this is the case?

10 hours ago:

Julia Deng‏Verified account @Julia_Deng

Rescue teams just left police investigation near McCarty & Sadie. Missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson was not found here. Detectives say they’re “collecting items” right now along the shoreline. They have not determined yet if the items are linked to Amiah. @WISH_TV

D2I40FlX0AE6_Cf.jpg

D2I40FlX4AEQItB.jpg

Julia Deng on Twitter

11 hours ago:

Brett Kast‏Verified account @brettkast

Dive team on scene. Boats still on trailer. We’ve been told they’re searching banks, not in the water. Ambulance is also here, but we’ve been told they have to be here whenever the dive team is working. Police still say it’s unclear if this is related to Amiah Robertson.

D2IuPuSWoAEgAr9.jpg

Brett Kast on Twitter

11 hours ago:

Beairshelle Edmé‏ @newsladyB

Beairshelle Edmé Retweeted Brett Kast

RIGHT NOW: @IMPDnews speaking for the 1st time since her disappearance. Say if you know something about the investigation... reach out. Police have NOT found Amiah yet-- authorities say a tip led them Near West Side to do a search. #Indy #Indianapolis #AmiahRobertson

Beairshelle Edmé on Twitter

Beairshelle Edmé‏ @newsladyB

Found items along shoreline and being collected to see if it's connected to this 8-month-old baby or her family! #FindAmiah #AmiahRobertson #Indy #Indianapolis

Beairshelle Edmé on Twitter

"Robert, a long time ago, told me about 1907. That it was somewhere where he and his friends used to hang around and he drove me by here one time," said Robertson.

So she came back there Wednesday afternoon.

That's where she says she found items that belonged to her daughter and boyfriend, so she called 911. The call brought out IMPD and IFD's dive team to collect possible evidence.

"They discovered some items that could be related to the case, however that is not conclusive at this time," said IMPD Sgt. Jim Gillespie.

Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

Hmmmm so Mom 'found' items?!?!
Nope! Hard pass!

(Source:

In the FOX59 interview with the LEO at the scene yesterday, he said they found items of possible interest in this case on the creek bank. At that time, they also saw some other items down in the water and sent the divers in for those. But he said, the items in the water were determined to just be “debris”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member