Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The find has just been mentioned on BBC breakfast news and they linked it to Libby. It must be her if the BBC are reporting it now.

Haven't heard it on Sky News yet but they're too pre-occupied with Brexit at the moment.

I know exactly what they'll be going through as we lost our 22 year-old daughter, only child, suddenly, to sudden adult death syndrome, last April. They'll be going through hell on earth with still so many unanswered questions and what ifs. Let's hope, if it is her, that they get some answers now and aren't left in limbo still. To lose a child, a young person with all their life, hopes and dreams, ahead of them is just terrible, as we found out unfortunately.

Oh what a horrible shock for you all! That made me shudder. I'm sending you and your family a (((((hug)))))). I can't get my head around that that happened to your only child. *shakes head*.

Do we have missing person posts on here for the other men who are also missing at present ?
Both the missing men are presumed deceased as they are both thought to have jumped from the bridge. One is Sam Conlin (he left a suicide note but his body has not yet been found) and there doesn't seem to be a thread for him on here. The other man, in his 40s, has never been named in MSM so doubt there's a thread on here for him either.

The probabilities are that it is Libby because if they had said last night a female, with two males and female potentially in the water, that gives it away before the family have a chance to process the information. Whatever happened to Libby that night I really feel for their family. *gutted*

Oh what a horrible shock for you all! That made me shudder. I'm sending you and your family a (((((hug)))))). I can't get my head around that that happened to your only child. *shakes head*.

Thanks. Yes it's still very raw. No-one knows what it's like to lose a child unless you've actually been through it and it's not the same as losing a parent, spouse or sibling etc.

Last edited:
Very sad to hear they've found someone in the river.
I just hope this can bring some form of closure to either Libby's family or the family of one of the men who jumped.
Part of me still hopes that it isn't Libby, but it's been so long now. I'm sure her family are accepting that she most likely came to harm, and they just want to find her and bring her home. If it is her, let's hope there will be some answers as to what happened.
:(

Can I ask a question to long standing WS members about what happens next please ...

This is the first thread/s I’ve followed from day one until this point. If it’s confirmed that the body found yesterday is Libby does this thread automatically close? As she is no longer a missing person? And then would a conversation resume again on July 22?

Can I ask a question to long standing WS members about what happens next please ...

This is the first thread/s I’ve followed from day one until this point. If it’s confirmed that the body found yesterday is Libby does this thread automatically close? As she is no longer a missing person? And then would a conversation resume again on July 22?

No, threads really stay open indefinitely, unless something happens constantly that ends up breaking terms of service so much that it’s too much of a hassle for mods to keep the thread open. This happened with the thread on Alesha MacPhail’s tragic killing. There’s still so much to sleuth, it more becomes trying to work out who killed the victim instead of where they are.

No, threads really stay open indefinitely, unless something happens constantly that ends up breaking terms of service so much that it’s too much of a hassle for mods to keep the thread open. This happened with the thread on Alesha MacPhail’s tragic killing. There’s still so much to sleuth, it more becomes trying to work out who killed the victim instead of where they are.

Aleshas thread was closed for a fair few weeks I think till things calmed down.

I expect it will go wild again today if the sentence is too lenient.

No it won't close, it'll just move to the 'Located Persons' section of the forum instead.

So sorry @crazychris x

I feel sorry for the family of the deceased; they must feel under pressure to let the police make a public announcement as to the identity yet don’t want their grief to become public property. No matter how much this outcome seemed inevitable or how much we think we can empathise, we simply can’t feel what they do. I do hope that they are afforded as much privacy as they need.

It feels crass to even express sorrow because it just cannot be a patch on what the family are feeling. Ultimately, everyone wants answers but it feels wrong to me personally to speculate and discuss on a public forum at this time, so for that reason, I am leaving the thread for now.

The fact her parents were informed suggests to me it is Libby, if it was a man pulled out of the water they would not bother doing that so that suggests to me that it is not so it sounds like Libby, the parents will have to do a formal identification or probably already have, to confirm to the police whether or not it is Libby

"8:45

Update expected today
We are expecting an update to be issued by Humberside Police today following the discovery of a body at Grimsby Docks yesterday afternoon.

As soon as police share an update, we will bring it to you here."

Body recovered from Humber Estuary

I doubt they'd have issued that statement if they thought the body was likley one of the less high profle missing people

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member