FL - Mariah Michelle Logan, 23, tourist, killed after going out car window, Miami, 17 March 2019

I will translate for y'all. :p

She was hanging out of the window and the driver changed lanes = She was leaning way, way, way out of her window. The driver jerked the steering wheel and the abrupt motion threw her out of the car window.
My theory as well. They intended to scare her, but it proved deadly.
Amateur opinion and speculation.

Unless I'm thinking about this wrong and based on the direction of lane change and the window she was hanging out of, it seems like inertia would throw her back into the car.

Or am I backwards on that?

Are they positive that she was run over by the RR? Maybe it looked like the RR ran over her when it stopped for a brief moment?
Or maybe it did accidentally run over her since she flew out onto the road directly in front of the RR and maybe the attention from this would hurt the drivers career, etc. maybe a movie personality or political person. In either case the RR driver would probably report the incident to their attorney.

Last edited:
Are they positive that she was ran over? Maybe it looked like the RR ran over her when it stopped for a brief moment?
Or maybe it did accidentally run over her since she flew out onto the road directly in front of the RR and maybe the attention from this would hurt the drivers career, etc. maybe a movie personality or political person. In either case the RR driver would probably report the incident to their attorney.
Also at 4am during spring break I am guessing the percentage of non-sober people on the roads is high. Another reason to flee the scene. :(

Unless I'm thinking about this wrong and based on the direction of lane change and the window she was hanging out of, it seems like inertia would throw her back into the car.

I was thinking this as well. But maybe she was out there enough that any sudden movement in any direction was enough to cause her to lose her balance outward. So sad.

You are right on the direction she would have been thrown but if she was leaning out far enough that could have made her lose her hold onto whatever she was hanging on with.

Last edited:

She was hanging out the right rear window I think. And the car changed lanes to the left (I think. Its a little confusing). So that could have caused her to fall out.
Certainly the RR driver should have stopped if he did hit her. Most states have laws that say a motorist must stay at the scene of an injury accident. Why didn't he? Could be lots of reasons. First that comes to mind is that he had been drinking. Just speculation.

She was hanging out the right rear window I think. And the car changed lanes to the left (I think. Its a little confusing). So that could have caused her to fall out.
Certainly the RR driver should have stopped if he did hit her. Most states have laws that say a motorist must stay at the scene of an injury accident. Why didn't he? Could be lots of reasons. First that comes to mind is that he had been drinking. Just speculation.

No, it went from the outside lane, so that would be to the right.

You may be right. I am just not really sure what they mean by outside lane. Regardless, I am guessing that that lane change caused her to lose her grip, which probably wasn't real good, since there isn't a lot to hold on to anyway.

You may be right. I am just not really sure what they mean by outside lane. Regardless, I am guessing that that lane change caused her to lose her grip, which probably wasn't real good, since there isn't a lot to hold on to anyway.

You know, now that I think about it, I think you are right. I have a hard time picturing stuff like this in my mind.

From the outside lane to the center lane, would be travelling to the left in the US. (Not trying to be smart, just dunno if maybe yall are overseas). But yeah--if she was changing from the outside lane to the inside lane, that's a leftward lane change.

When I was in LE, numbering lanes begins at the center median, then works it's way out.... a 4 lane HW would be numbered |1|2|3|4| with 1 being closest to the median (inside lane) and 4 being the outward most lane...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back