UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycopathy cannot be "cured" for the simple reason that it is not an illness.

Basically it is a reflection upon how an individual sees himself in relation to the world around him.

A psychopath is THE centre of their own universe, and as such when considering the effects or consequences of a course of action.....their first and last question is "how will this make ME feel?"

They will often talk about what their actions have cost THEM, without being able to take the perspective of another person

In short...it does not matter how something affects YOU ...because the centre of the universe is right here

Agree. AC would need a brain transplant to be ‘cured’

Surely his friends or girlfriend must have had some indication that he was a psychopath? Unless they just thought he was a very selfish teenager?

Someone who is constantly only thinking about themselves, who has no regard for others, who is violent, is usually pretty easy to spot if you spend enough time with them. After the basic formalities slip away, you start to notice a pattern with these sort of people. I guess they just never thought about it very much though.

Surely his friends or girlfriend must have had some indication that he was a psychopath? Unless they just thought he was a very selfish teenager?

Someone who is constantly only thinking about themselves, who has no regards for others, who is violent is usually pretty easy to spot if you spend enough time with them. After the basic formalities slip away, you start to notice a pattern with these sort of people. I guess they just never thought about it very much though.

A teenagers self centred ness and ignorance possibly explains why his friends didn’t twig. And of course , A.C. was very good at shocking and then staying “Oh, I’m only joking guys....chill out !”

A teenagers self centred ness and ignorance possibly explains why his friends didn’t twig. And of course , A.C. was very good at shocking and then staying “Oh, I’m only joking guys....chill out !”
Good point.
Dealing with teenagers and dare I say boys, from experience and the point of view that boys don't talk as much about whats going on in their heads - is a minefield at the best of times.

Ps

I can score anything from 0 to 40 on the "hare" checklist!

Just depends how honestly i answer the questions :)

20 Hare questions:

– Do you exhibit glib and superficial charm?

– Do you have a grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self?

– Do you have a constant need for stimulation?

– Are you a pathological liar?

– Are you cunning and manipulative?

– Do you have lack of remorse or guilt?

– Do you have shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)?

– Are you callous, and do you lack empathy?

– Do you have a parasitic lifestyle?

– Do you have poor behavioral controls?

– Are you sexually promiscuous?

– Did you display early behavior problems?

– Do you lack realistic long-term goals?

– Are you overly impulsive?

– Are you irresponsible?

– Do you fail to accept responsibility for own actions?

– Have you had many short-term marital relationships?

– Do you have a history of juvenile delinquency?

– Have you experienced a revocation of conditional release?

– Do you display criminal versatility?

Possibly better to ask someone who knows you well to fill in the answers for you!

Lots more out there than we care to imagine

Good point.
Dealing with teenagers and dare I say boys, from experience and the point of view that boys don't talk as much about whats going on in their heads - is a minefield at the best of times.

Agree. Boys/men are notorious for surpressing their feelings and not opening up. That’s why we have such a high male suicide rate.

Hindsight is a fabulous thing....I’m sure looking back his friends can now see the tell tell signs but A.C. who was transparent with his thoughts would simply brush them off as banter, his friends , being teenagers accepted that, Although, I don’t doubt he was talked about amongst them.

Ps

I can score anything from 0 to 40 on the "hare" checklist!

Just depends how honestly i answer the questions :)

20 Hare questions:

– Do you exhibit glib and superficial charm?

– Do you have a grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self?

– Do you have a constant need for stimulation?

– Are you a pathological liar?

– Are you cunning and manipulative?

– Do you have lack of remorse or guilt?

– Do you have shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)?

– Are you callous, and do you lack empathy?

– Do you have a parasitic lifestyle?

– Do you have poor behavioral controls?

– Are you sexually promiscuous?

– Did you display early behavior problems?

– Do you lack realistic long-term goals?

– Are you overly impulsive?

– Are you irresponsible?

– Do you fail to accept responsibility for own actions?

– Have you had many short-term marital relationships?

– Do you have a history of juvenile delinquency?

– Have you experienced a revocation of conditional release?

– Do you display criminal versatility?

Possibly better to ask someone who knows you well to fill in the answers for you!

Lots more out there than we care to imagine

6-18 depending on how I want to answer.

Which apparently still puts me above Karla Homolka which is quite concerning...

Here's another in depth analysis ....
The birth of a psychopath - CNN

Without sounding glib - if he's a possible psychopath, narcissist, paedophile , sadist and goodness knows what else - they will have their work cut out re rehabilitation.

He’ll simply go mad....he’s half way there already. I actually don’t think an accurate diagnosis exists for A.C. he’s a one off (hopefully)

I'm confused about the fact that he left the house, disposed of the knife and came back? What would he have done if one of the adults had woken up and saw him in the house the second time and he didn't have a weapon?
That's the risky behavior, adrenalin rush addiction of a psychopath.That's their kind of "fun".

Which apparently still puts me above Karla Homolka which is quite concerning...

I could imagine Homolka being able to score anything from 0 to 40 depending upon the audience!

According to her...it was all Paul's fault (not at all psychopathic)

Just lucky that the legal system believed her when she was chucking him under the bus!

That's the risky behavior, adrenalin rush addiction of a psychopath.That's their kind of "fun".

How bizarre. Imagine having your brain wired that way? Here's me thinking going on a rollercoaster is an adrenaline rush and then you have people getting a thrill out of potentially being caught trying to kidnap and murder someone.

I could imagine Homolka being able to score anything from 0 to 40 depending upon the audience!

According to her...it was all Paul's fault (not at all psychopathic)

Just lucky that the legal system believed her when she was chucking him under the bus!

Yes, true. People were far too sympathetic towards her.

I know. Horrible person. And now she's free, living her life and has kids.

The stop himself from laughing thing upset me so much too. Even after all that, all that he done, and he somehow found it funny? And actually admitted that to the doctor. Can’t even get my head around it and I’m glad coz that must mean I’m normal.
Another psychopath tell. It's called "duper's delight". They revel in putting things over on people and enjoy the discomfort and pain of others to the point of laughter.

Wondering if this has been shared before?

Mother, 56, says she stopped Alesha MacPhail's killer from attacking her own daughter | Daily Mail Online

'A mother has claimed she stopped the killer of six-year-old Alesha MacPhail from attacking her ten-year-old daughter when they were both aged just ten.

Lyndsay Stewart, 56, told how she saw Aaron Campbell, 16, kicking and punching her daughter while screaming obscenities at his home on the Isle of Bute.'
I get the feeling from this story that AC wanted that family out of the house, for his own reasons. He created this situation with the guests' daughter to create a rift to manipulate them out of the house. Just another let's screw people over for amusement type of thing.

Thinking again about it. I don't believe he did go into the house twice.
He says he saw Alesha and immediately wanted to kill her. This must have been on what he refers to as his first visit ( otherwise, why make a second visit ).

I think he saw her, went briefly back out of the flat door, just to the stairwell, left the knife there, so it wouldn't get in his way - then took Alesha and collected the knife on his way downstairs.

I feel his two visits story is just another lie to create more upset for the family - showing off about how he managed to come and go as he pleased, without them knowing a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam