TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at the very least it should have been on the funeral homes website. But having an obituary printed in the newspaper can actually be extremely expensive. I had no idea until my mother in law passed away. My husband and sister in law wrote a beautiful obituary for her. Houston Chronicle charged $1200 to have it printed in their newspaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBM

Holy moly. That is just ridiculous! How do they sleep at night?! << not a real question. :eek:
^^moo, jmo, moo, etc^^

From what I can find, Liz and Sergio owned that lovely $200,000, four-bedroom home in which they lived. Paying that mortgage payment must have taken a sizable chunk of their monthly income.
I researched their home on Harris County tax assessor website. They bought the home in April of 2016. Yet, they still had their tax bill sent to their prior apartment address. I wonder if a relative lives there. You would think that this address would have been updated. Of course, their bill probably goes to the mortgage company with the property taxes being paid out of escrow.

I guess that I am from the old school. I never had a house this size (2,600 sq ft) or this expensive ($216k) when I was young. In fact, we only had a $160,000 house that was 2,000 square feet when we were 40. We didn't buy a more expensive home until around 45 years of age and my husband was a VP for a major corporation!

The pressure of having to make those house payments each month has to be hard for any couple who both have to work to keep up. That's why I am glad that I saved and saved and now am reaping the benefits. I don't like that kind of stress!

There was a PRIVATE ceremony with her closest family and friends and there WAS a beautiful obituary written. Liz's family has had to endure this tragedy publicly, so please respect their decisions to honor her memory in private. They don't owe anyone anything unless it pertains to finding the monster who did this to her.

There was a PRIVATE ceremony with her closest family and friends and there WAS a beautiful obituary written. Liz's family has had to endure this tragedy publicly, so please respect their decisions to honor her memory in private. They don't owe anyone anything unless it pertains to finding the monster who did this to her.
I hope and pray there will be an arrest soon, and justice for Liz!

Just a thought, but there has been no confirmation from LE that the shooter showed something to EB or handed her something prior to shooting her. However, most people would agree that it's more natural to shoot with two hands. Could the shooter have shot one-handed simply because there was something in their left hand? This would confirm what others have said regarding a note, phone, etc., and a give reason for shooting with one hand.

The family of Elizabeth certainly doesn't "owe" anyone on this forum an obituary.

Many families write some form of public obituary for their deceased loved one to give an account of their loved one's life. It is a form of honoring the deceased.

From what you posted, you appear to have inside information about Elizabeth. I hope you'll talk to a moderator about becoming a verified insider. I'm sorry for your loss. I see that you joined Websleuths two days before Elizabeth was murdered. Welcome to Websleuths.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but there has been no confirmation from LE that the shooter showed something to EB or handed her something prior to shooting her. However, most people would agree that it's more natural to shoot with two hands. Could the shooter have shot one-handed simply because there was something in their left hand? This would confirm what others have said regarding a note, phone, etc., and a give reason for shooting with one hand.

You can SEE it for yourself in the Video. It doesn’t need to be confirmed.

Last edited:
From what you posted, you appear to have inside information about Elizabeth. I hope you'll talk to a moderator about becoming a verified insider. I'm sorry for your loss. I see that you joined Websleuths two days before Elizabeth was murdered. Welcome to Websleuths.

Joined WS two days before Elizabeth was murdered?
“This case is very personal to me, and I just need to say that her family and friends are sharing as much as we can. Of course we are begging for information!”

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the yardsale was advertised anywhere? It appears that the perp was waiting on the husband to leave. Odd that they knew his schedule.
It's even more odd that the killer knew Elizabeth was not headed to work that day. How many people could have known the precise time Sergio left for work and that Liz was not going to work that day? Very, very few.

There's a $20,000 reward. Turn the killer in anonymously to Crime Stoppers -- 717-222-TIPS. Get your $20,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆