Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not really. Speaking for myself, anyway. When young people who are known to have been drinking go missing for any length of time, they very often turn up in water.

Yeah sure, but I meant everyone seemed to be certain she went into the river via the playing fields and the only reason they think that is due to the police presence there. You could think she fell in there by accident but it really isn't a place you can walk to accidentally imo.

Thank you for your honesty and clarity @Sally4x
As a mum who has been through hell recently with a self-harming teen, I find the suggestion of suicide hurtful and offensive and if it ever becomes part of a possible defence I will not be able to follow :mad:

Same here.

It's difficult to read that people think just because she self harmed means she was suicidal.

I know exactly what you are going through so my thoughts are with you.

Yeah sure, but I meant everyone seemed to be certain she went into the river via the playing fields and the only reason they think that is due to the police presence there. You could think she fell in there by accident but it really isn't a place you can walk to accidentally imo.

Not everyone thinks she entered the water at oak road.

I hope that they can track where she entered the water

Not everyone thinks she entered the water at oak road.

I hope that they can track where she entered the water

The majority of people discussing this case do, though. That's all I'm saying.

As far as we know officially, she went missing on Haworth Street which is pretty much no where near water. I'm just saying.. the police have been all over Oak Road fields for weeks and a lot of us questioned whether they were just speculating and ticking off boxes or whatever but it seems they had very good information to suggest that is the main place of interest and it looks like they were right about it. The question is what info lead them there and I'm sure we won't find out for a long while!

I'm sure we're all hoping that, whatever has happened, her loved ones will find some peace in being able to grieve properly and the body will provide the sorts of answers which can bring about applicable justice.

Thank you for your honesty and clarity @Sally4x
As a mum who has been through hell recently with a self-harming teen, I find the suggestion of suicide hurtful and offensive and if it ever becomes part of a possible defence I will not be able to follow :mad:

I take 25mg of Sertraline a day.

It's down from 100mg two years ago.

I change my career. I went from finance( a heavily regulated industry) to engineering. Which massively helped me.

If it wasn't there, then where? Clough Road? Many cameras there. So that would suggest she was taken somewhere else and put in the river which in my opinion is extremely unlikely but obviously not impossible.

Are you local?

This suicide stuff is nonsense, until PR came along she was nowhere near the park or river, she had no suicidal thoughts of drowning herself

She either died through being murdered/accidently killed by PR or she was escaping him and fell into the river accidently, either way PR is responsible for her losing her life

Yes, very local to the area.

As am I.

I've never fully subscribed to the idea that Oak Road would be the entry point: The river Hull has too many bends and obstructions, is too shallow for a good portion of each 24 hours to hide a corpse consistently, and exits near The Deep whom I believe have activity monitoring tech.

This thought process is borne out by talking with somebody that is heavily involved in the tidal habits of the river itself as it is crucial information used in his job which involves the barges and bridges from as far back as Sutton fields all the way to exit and route to the docks.

As am I.

I've never fully subscribed to the idea that Oak Road would be the entry point: The river Hull has too many bends and obstructions, is too shallow for a good portion of each 24 hours to hide a corpse consistently, and exits near The Deep whom I believe have activity monitoring tech.

This thought process is borne out by talking with somebody that is heavily involved in the tidal habits of the river itself as it is crucial information used in his job which involves the barges and bridges from as far back as Sutton fields all the way to exit and route to the docks.

That's interesting insight, thanks.

(Also very local)

As am I.

I agree with you about how bendy it is etc completely. However, I cannot think how she'd enter the water on say Clough Road or elsewhere without being picked up by cameras. For example, if she was in PRs car I can't see how the car wouldn't have been picked up else where. If she walked off and fell in or killed herself somewhere else, why no more sightings by people or cameras? So as bendy as the river is, I just cannot think of any other entry points that would make sense.

As am I.

Interesting, where does he think entry point is likely to have been? Somewhere within the estuary?

I am surprised to hear people becoming offended that suicide has been suggested as a possibility. Self harm is a form of mental illness whether it stems from depression, anxiety or countless other causes. While someone that self harms is not necessarily suicidal they are more prone to suicidal thoughts or actions than someone that does not self arm. Therefore if a person that self harms goes missing and is found in a body of water suicide is a logical possibility. Personally I do not believe that this is a case of suicide. I am more prone to believe in an accidental death. Reading through this site more often than not if a male goes missing after drinking at a bar he is found drowned in a body of water. Excessive amounts of alcohol and bodies of water do not mix regardless of sex. The witness that claims to have heard screaming does also lead me to think homicide is a possibility.

I have thought the river for a while.
The fact the police only searched oak road tells me they saw him enter with LS and leave alone.
The fact that she couldn't be located in the park left only one option in my mind.
The fact the police spent days searching off Paull, i commented that I felt the police were sure she went in there too.
I have talked about people been taken away by the water, how its very possible and the tide times made it look more so. There was sadly no other answers after a couple of weeks and no sign of her.
I have always doubted an accomplice, removal of body/change of vehicle etc.
So yes the police led me to think the river by their actions, i assume the actions came about from tracking his car on cctv.

As tragic as this whole situation is, im thrilled she was spotted before being swept out to see, possibly for ever. Her family will have the chamce to bring her home and properly lay her to rest with the love, care and dignity she deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member