Still Missing IL - Cory Rhinehart, 28, called 911, blood found, Zion, Lake County, 15 Mar 2019 *ARREST*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Family, Zion Police Seek Missing Endangered Army Vet

Zion police are asking the public's help in finding a man they believe to be endangered and has been missing since Friday night. Cory Rhinehart, 28, is believed to have called police around 8 p.m. that night.

The caller hung up, so police went to the apartment in the 2100 block of Gabriel Avenue and found human blood on the door, walls and floor, the WGNTV report says. Rhinehart's family says they know who lives in the apartment, but not at all well.

Police say Rhinehart's phone has been turned off and he hasn't been to work as a dietary aid in a nursing home in three days, which his family says is very unusual.

upload_2019-3-20_16-45-33.jpeg

Man, 28, Reported Missing From Zion

Police asking for public’s help to find missing Zion man

From the link in Post #1 from @cybervampira :

Police asking for public’s help to find missing Zion man

The Zion police chief said they got a 911 call from Rhinehart Friday night around 8 p.m. It was a hang up call, but police pinged the phone number and went to the area where the call came from.

So it appears that the missing man, Cory Rhinehart, place a call to 911 himself, but hung up before information could be gotten. When police pinged the phone, they were led to the apartment where the blood was (not Cory's apartment).

Cory is missing and he called police but ended the call before connecting. Police traced it to an apartment where blood was found.
They better have the apartment owner being interrogated hard

That's what I found confusing. The news article never mentions the apartment owner be detained, talked to, or even identified. Also, if there was that much blood in the apartment and he wasn't there then shouldn't there have been some sort of blood potentially in the parking lot or on the sidewalks? Maybe it's just the article.

That's what I found confusing. The news article never mentions the apartment owner be detained, talked to, or even identified. Also, if there was that much blood in the apartment and he wasn't there then shouldn't there have been some sort of blood potentially in the parking lot or on the sidewalks? Maybe it's just the article.

I hope so, because I feel thats Law Enforcement 101. If they take their time valuable evidence can be lost, IE: the apt owners car.

Friends and family members of 28-year-old Cory Rhinehart, who has been missing since Friday, were planning to conduct a search for him Thursday. However, the search was called off after a suggestion from police that they postpone the search for now.

“I did receive a call from someone that I know in the Zion Police Department requesting that I do not, or that I at least push back the search,” Deidra Collins, a family friend, said. “He did let me know that it is completely up to me if I wanted to continue it, however due to some new discoveries, he did not want to contaminate any potential evidence or anything that could potentially hinder any investigatory work that they’re currently doing.”

Search for missing Zion Army veteran called off

This sounds as though LE may be on to something??

Friends and family members of 28-year-old Cory Rhinehart, who has been missing since Friday, were planning to conduct a search for him Thursday. However, the search was called off after a suggestion from police that they postpone the search for now.

“I did receive a call from someone that I know in the Zion Police Department requesting that I do not, or that I at least push back the search,” Deidra Collins, a family friend, said. “He did let me know that it is completely up to me if I wanted to continue it, however due to some new discoveries, he did not want to contaminate any potential evidence or anything that could potentially hinder any investigatory work that they’re currently doing.”

Search for missing Zion Army veteran called off

This sounds as though LE may be on to something??

It strikes me as unusual that an unspecified member of the Zion PD would place what sounds like an “off the record” call about this case to his own personal acquaintance, a woman who identifies herself as a “family friend” (NOT a family member/relative) of the missing man. It also surprises me to hear that said police officer would make this seemingly-important request (that civilians pause their unofficial search efforts) to an individual rather than making the request publicly, to the community at large (as we’ve seen law enforcement do in other missing persons cases). Maybe this whole exchange is 100% aboveboard, and my skepticism is misplaced, but the quote did make me wonder if anyone in the missing man’s life would have a nefarious reason to want the search efforts curtailed...
Statements above reflect my perspective and my speculation only!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back