Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is unpalatable but suicide/accident would be likely defences if this comes to court and there is no 'smoking gun'. History of mental issues will be played on. The state she was in on the night will be used to point to LS not acting rationally. Not pleasant but there is a high bar for a murder conviction and the more doubt the harder it is to reach.

I've read locals say at high tide the river can be full and fast flowing..."if" LS went in at oak rd it would be just before high tide ...all it would take is for the river to take her far enough away from the immediate search area in the first 24 hrs

Not many people would be out river walking in the freezing weather that week ..not in numbers anyway

I thought the reason the police were at Paull was because there had been a sighting on a "body" in the water there ...not neccessarily because they thought there was a close by entry point

There has been no forensic searching in any other area other than the park ..without a doubt imo it would be reported if there had

Regards police appearing to look for items in the park rather than a body ...imo its obvious they have searched for both .. not one thing or the other

Glad to have you with us today.

Any idea if a more serious charge would affect PR's date in court down in Sheffield, please?

IMO, I can't see why it would stop the trial once it has been committed to the Crown court. I would think it would be prejudicial to PR's trial to do so. I could be wrong, but I can't see any satisfactory grounds for withdrawing prosecution of that case now. **All an educated guess**

IMO, I can't see why it would stop the trial once it has been committed to the Crown court. I would think it would be prejudicial to PR's trial to do so. I could be wrong, but I can't see any satisfactory grounds for withdrawing prosecution of that case now. **All an educated guess**
Are you a criminal lawyer?

I have to agree, the tide was fully out again by around 10am.

The searches at Paull were due to reports of a body in the water. The length and intensity of those searches led me to think they were sure she was in there/that is who they were looking for.

There were also early searches of Haworth st and the houses down there by police. Imo because they had footage of LS and PR leaving that way.

Formal identification released of body recovered from Humber | Humberside Police

Following the recovery of a woman’s body yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, 20 March) from the Humber Estuary, Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley has issued the following:

“A post-mortem examination commenced this afternoon and is continuing to be carried out this evening, however formal identification has now taken place and we can confirm the body recovered is that of missing woman Libby Squire.

“Libby’s family have been informed and are receiving support from specially trained officers. We would ask their privacy is please respected at this incredibly distressing time.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member