Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken.

In a way I feel responsible. Libby came to Hull to educate herself, prosper and grown. I feel we have duty to protect them.

RIP Libby

I have felt the same. It's a strange feeling that I thought I was alone in. I know Libby didn't come from here but we tend to take people in and they become an Honorary Hullensian. We have lost one of our own today.

All that is supposition. Where has it been stated that was without doubt him, without doubt that was her? Where has it been stated anything about phone pings linking him to park? Where have police said he was the last person to see her alive? This is not verified as far as I can tell, unless you work for Humberside Police and have inside knowledge.

PR is the only person under investigation, police have said that he is under investigation, no one else is, all the searches in the park have been because he was traced there. If there was someone else under investigation I would agree but all the searches of the park etc were not so police could appear to look busy or because they were random searches they were areas that were identified by tracing PR’s movements that night

It's taken me nearly a week to catch up after having to have a real life and not being able to get online.
I had a feeling it would be her this time.
I'm pleased her family have a degree of closure and won't spend their life wondering where she is.
I cannot imagine all the other things going around their head though.

Although I can’t get to Hull, in the coming days if a place for flowers to be laid becomes available could I please send money for a bunch of flowers to a local here that may be able to place them for me x

Such a sad day for everyone. Rest in peace dear Libby, such a waste of a lovely young life. I hope her family can at least get some closure, but I can't imagine their loss. I hope we can all be a little kinder and more understanding to each other, peace and love to all.

I agree, time to pause and reflect on a precious very young life, senselessly lost whatever happened.
Apologies if posted before but the Telegraph is stating tonight that "sources say" :

"Police had been officially treating the case as a missing person inquiry, but sources told The Daily Telegraph that detectives believe she was abducted near her university home."
and:
"Police fear CCTV from a nearby alleyway captured the moment she climbed into a car at 12.09am, before being driven away. It was the last time she was seen alive."

I haven't read all the press articles obviously but it's the first time that I've seen this stated so clearly. The Telegraph is not known for reckless reporting, and they seem to be stating quite unequivocally that police definitely see this as an abduction (as I and many others always have). Just to give some hope that they have a good idea of what happened and are gathering evidence and preparing to charge in time. All we can do is hope for is justice and to prevent more victims.

I would like to think that Libby's friends are being well-supported, confirmation of death and the horrible circumstances of where she's been found will hit them very hard. They did nothing wrong and they are not responsible for what happened to their friend.

It’s a sad conclusion but approaching two months without a trace meant it always looked this way. It does make the arrest rather strange as it means she did go in the river. That makes most of the cctv footage and evidence presented invalid from what I gather. Analyse later I guess as I don’t want to do it now

<modsnipped- no link to substantiate>

I expect things will move pretty quickly from here and a cause of death established within the next 24-48 hours and charges bought against PR pretty soon if it is found her death is suspicious

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member