UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really tired of reading about cannabis! He didn’t have any and IMO the only contributing fact was RM dealt it . Alcohol is a major
Problem and we continually dismiss it !

Hear hear. Alcohol is a disinhibiter and can elevate feelings of violence, rage and sexual perversion.

Pot is really not known for any of that. And he wasn't high.

He's a psychopath. And felt good and buzzed when he decided to brutalize that child.

He seemed very comfortable skulking around in the dark and going into people's homes.

Terrifying.

I just can't fathom how you can look at a little girl (or anyone really but being specific in this case) and your overwhelming instinct is "I want to murder you." I mean I know he's a psychopath so I get it, that's the way his brain is wired but it's just... insane. He broke into that house for cannabis and instead he turns around and sees a 6-year-old in bed and just thinks "I'm going to rape and murder you for fun instead." How the hell does that work? I know that's just the way the compulsion is because he has no empathy and he is a sadist but I still can't quite grasp it.

It really was! I know, I think we all have. It's really engrossed us. It's crazy how we can all get wrapped up in something that isn't even personal to us. But I guess that's why we're all here because we have an interest in true crime. I agree, truly sad. Thank you!

Just looking at that beautiful little face. She reminds me of my niece. She has that innocent look of so many sweet kids. It's hard not to feel personal about these kids!!

Just looking at that beautiful little face. She reminds me of my niece. She has that innocent look of so many sweet kids. It's hard not to feel personal about these kids!!

I know. It's horrible. It really could be anybody's daughter, niece, cousin etc. I feel so bad for her family having to suffer with this for the rest of their life. That beautiful little girl having to go through that.

I just can't fathom how you can look at a little girl (or anyone really but being specific in this case) and your overwhelming instinct is "I want to murder you." I mean I know he's a psychopath so I get it, that's the way his brain is wired but it's just... insane. He broke into that house for cannabis and instead he turns around and sees a 6-year-old in bed and just thinks "I'm going to rape and murder you for fun instead." How the hell does that work? I know that's just the way the compulsion is because he has no empathy and he is a sadist but I still can't quite grasp it.
Are you sure you want to try? I get the need to make sense of it all, but there is a limit to how far you can try and put yourself into a psychopath's shoes without horrifying yourself, and to what end? Or as Nietzsche put it, if you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss will begin to stare back at you.

It seems to me that you've had a harrowing day listening to all this in court and making eye contact with this monster. So I don't mean to sound glib or anything, but you might be better off trying to put it out of your mind for the night. Not Alesha obviously, but the horror of her murder and why and how it happened.

Here's a link that might cheer you up...

Larry the Cat (@Number10cat) | Twitter

IMO this creep simply graduated to rape and murder of a child. Who knows what his past was. Peeping etc. etc. If it wasn't Alesha it would have been another child eventually. He was a psychopath in an enabled home. Perfect storm. IMO

Oh yes. Even after sentencing, implying the jury got it wrong, it was a miscarriage of justice and all the police were corrupt and this innnocent lad was nothing more than a scapegoat to take the blame. I’ve been waiting all day for him to make an appearance in this thread now it’s come out A.C. has confessed to the rape and murder of a 6 year old. not only that but also confessed to trying not to laugh throughout the trial and other disgusting revelations. He’s gone all quiet though? Hmm

Wow. Surprising considering all the evidence.

I attempted to watch the live stream today but had to switch it off half way through. I actually found out quite a lot about myself as i sat fighting back tears, a 30 year old man. The thought of Alesha so innocently asking where she was going was just too much for me. There’s no way on earth I could have had the mental strength to sit in that jury.

This case has had such an unexpected affect on me. I’m not sure if it’s due to living in the west of Scotland or possibly because it’s the first crime of its nature since having kids myself. I remember hearing about the crime initially and having a horrible feeling as it was reported that the family’s cars etc were being searched, I think a lot of people wrongly jump to this conclusion so quickly. One thing that has really stuck with me is a friend who has links to the area saying to me a day or two after the murder that “ It was a 16 year old boy, his mum apparently knows what he’s like and knew it would’ve been him straight away” he also said “ there was loads of stuff that would come out but he couldn’t say”. I know this is just hearsay but a lot of it has proved to be true, at the time I couldn’t comprehend it.

I think since that day I have been going over the same questions in my head. Especially after seeing the picture and video of him. How could this 16 year old boy possibly commit a crime of this nature and how bad must he have been for his own mother and people in the area to think that he could possibly be guilty of this. I still can’t wrap my head around it and never will. How these creatures actually live among us.

The trial was a complete and utter head ****, I think he proved what a manipulative psychopath he is as he managed to con many although thankfully not the jury into believing his malicious lies. I must say I never for one second believed a word that came out his mouth and was repulsed at those questions put to TM.

I hope that although how unbearingly painful it will be Aleshas family can can remember her for the sweet innocent little angel she was and that AC has as miserable a life as is humanly possible or even better, no life at all.

Sorry for the longwinded post. I think in a way I just wanted to put in words an end to this for myself.

It's a beautiful post. The humanity I witness from people on websleuths like you does so much to counteract the rare evil in this world!

Are you sure you want to try? I get the need to make sense of it all, but there is a limit to how far you can try and put yourself into a psychopath's shoes without horrifying yourself, and to what end? Or as Nietzsche put it, if you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss will begin to stare back at you.

It seems to me that you've had a harrowing day listening to all this in court and making eye contact with this monster. So I don't mean to sound glib or anything, but you might be better off trying to put it out of your mind for the night. Not Alesha obviously, but the horror of her murder and why and how it happened.

Here's a link that might cheer you up...

Larry the Cat (@Number10cat) | Twitter

I mean I guess at its very core it's just about pleasure and self-centeredness. Most people's pleasure usually doesn't derive from others suffering but I guess a psychopath doesn't care, they'll do what they want and take what they want. The same way I enjoy something relatively mundane like going to Starbucks, he enjoys raping and murdering. I suppose he just doesn't care for any sort of moral boundaries and feels like he is entitled to do whatever he wants. It's hard to process, especially something as brutal as this, but breaking it down I guess it just boils down to selfish desire. He doesn't care for societies rules or expectations so he just chose to do what felt good to him regardless of the consequences to anyone else. I do understand what he is but it's just crazy.

No, I totally understand what you mean. I'm sure you're right. I am probably thinking about it too much. It's just very tragic. Yes, absolutely. I guess to truly understand a psychopath you really need to be a psychopath. In which case I'd have a bit of a problem...

Haha thank you for that!

Aleshas life and brutal manner of her death are such a contrast. She was obviously a very much loved little girl, who from the many pics, stories and videos of her, crammed a lot of living in her 6 years !

Both families adored her and in an age where broken families are almost the norm and dads are often absent, Rab certainly stepped up. From weekends to school holidays , her paternal family seemed to love her company. Her uncle loved his adventures with Alesha, they even completed the great Scottish run together.

Their loss must be imeasurable but I hope they take comfort from the fact, that in the short time she was here , her life was a happy and loved one.

People like AC don't come along often - thankfully.
I think perhaps in the future gene testing and brain scanning will be used to predict behaviour patterns and psychological make up much more than it does now.
There was a case - can't find it at the moment, where they argued using the science of brain patterns of a psychopath coupled with a very abusive childhood background that the criminal was morally unable to understand the significance of his crime.
Clearly not the case with AC.

If there is anything to come out of this, perhaps a change in assessing children under the age of eighteen by using pioneering methods might prove useful and preventative.

I think it's so hard because there are so many kids with behavioral issues who would never do something close to this. And there are people whose brain scans would show them to be on the psychopathic scales but who also don't do things like this. They just become great salespeople or politicians.

I don't think things like this can always be prevented unless kids are already committing serious crimes and can receive intensive in patient care for that before they graduate to horror like this.

But so often it seems to either come out of the blue or seems to come from just another troubled kid like so many who would still never go this far.

In any event, here is a very interesting read about a juvenile detention facility in Wisconsin that specializes in the treatment of teen psychopaths.

Mendota Juvenile Treatment Center Shows Progress In Treating Child Psychopaths

Aleshas life and brutal manner of her death are such a contrast. She was obviously a very much loved little girl, who from the many pics, stories and videos of her, crammed a lot of living in her 6 years !

Both families adored her and in an age where broken families are almost the norm and dads are often absent, Rab certainly stepped up. From weekends to school holidays , her paternal family seemed to love her company. Her uncle loved his adventures with Alesha, they even completed the great Scottish run together.

Their loss must be imeasurable but I hope they take comfort from the fact, that in the short time she was here , her life was a happy and loved one.

I haven't read a lot here. How do the two sides of Alesha's family get along? Both before and after this? Do they support one another?

I’m really tired of reading about cannabis! He didn’t have any and IMO the only contributing fact was RM dealt it . Alcohol is a major
Problem and we continually dismiss it !

If cannabis was legalised and grown scientifically it would be much less potent, taxable and able to treat numerous conditions. If affordable it would slowly eradicate drug dealer's selling it, and pushing out THC packed stuff. It's way less harmful than alcohol and tobacco and the statistitics prove it. That said, if one has a predisposition to mental illness, cannabis can bring that on quicker. In AC's case it doesn't matter if he smoked it or not. He was always destined to become the monster we all strive to protect our children from.

He was armed with a kitchen knife but discarded it on the shore when he realised he could easily gain entrance to the property.

On his return the first bedroom he encountered at the top of the hall was Alesha's.

We were right, her bedroom was the first he went in :(

What do we know about Alesha's killer?

Thanks for that link. It makes more sense of the earlier report re the two visits.
As I read it now .....it sounds like he went to the ground floor door, found it open, went to the first floor flat door, also found that open...
didn’t go inside the flat at that point but, realising he didn’t need the knife, he went back outside and threw it into the water.

Then returned and went inside the flat...so two visits but he didn’t see Alesha until the second time

<modsnipped quoted post>

The evidence against this person was overwhelming. Hard to see how anything else could be considered seriously once it all came out. His defense was grotesque.

Last edited by a moderator:
He makes me depressed. I wonder if there will ever be a cure for psychopathy in the future? As medicine/science advances I'd imagine there will be. Maybe not in my lifetime but I think it might happen eventually when they learn more about the brain.

Thanks for that link. It makes more sense of the earlier report re the two visits.
As I read it now .....it sounds like he went to the ground floor door, found it open, went to the first floor flat door, also found that open...
didn’t go inside the flat at that point but, realising he didn’t need the knife, he went back outside and threw it into the water.

Then returned and went inside the flat...so two visits but he didn’t see Alesha until the second time
Yeah but it still doesn’t really make sense does it? What if he went in the flat and rab or someone else woke up, he would need the knife? I wasn’t sure if he meant he saw alesha, decided to dispose of the knife so he could carry her with both hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member