ACTIVE SEARCH GA - Man shot up apartment complex 2 days in row using semi-automatic rifle, Atlanta, 17 Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Man with assault rifle opens fire at apartment building, not once, but twice

A man with an assault rifle opened fire at an apartment building, narrowly missing adults and children inside. Atlanta Police said he came back the next day and did the same thing.

Surveillance video from the apartment building at 455 Fulton Street SW shows a black Jeep pulling up around 6:17 p.m. Sunday evening. The video shows a man getting out of the Jeep, walking toward the building with an assault rifle in his hand. As he gets closer to the building he blasts the building.

upload_2019-3-21_21-22-25.jpegupload_2019-3-21_21-22-43.jpegupload_2019-3-21_21-23-16.jpeg

"The entire street was littered with shell casings," said William North who lives at the Mechanicsville Family Apartments.

[...]

Many of the residents are terrified. One woman who did not want her name used said she just got back in town Sunday evening, moments before the shooting.

"As we got in the house, the shooting started coming through the windows so we started falling to the floor," she said.

She told FOX 5's Denise Dillon she was too scared to stay in her apartment so she went to a hotel for the night.

[...]

Police are now trying to figure out who the driver is, and more importantly who the gunman is and why he shot up the building.

"Whatever problems that person has with whoever they think lives in this area has some serious problems to come here twice," said North.

The Jeep linked to these incidents is described as a Wrangler with a hard top, tinted windows, and black wheels. The suspect was said to have worn a black pants, black and white shoes, a black T-shirt, and a black skull cap during the first incident. Cops told Law&Crime that there seems to be another person driving the vehicle, since the shooter was getting in and out of the passenger side, but they are unsure about the precise number of occupants.

Crazy!! He did this two days in a row, in broad daylight! And targeted the same area when he was shooting. I noticed that he shot for a longer duration of time on the second day so he is only getting bolder. I hope he's caught before someone gets hurt or killed! :mad: imo
“And targeted the same area when he was shooting.”
I wonder if someone that lives in that building might have a court date coming up to testify against someone?

“And targeted the same area when he was shooting.”
I wonder if someone that lives in that building might have a court date coming up to testify against someone?

That's a good thought! He's definitely trying to send a message to someone. I wonder if some of the people in the building that LE talked to might know something but are too afraid to say anything.

It is surprising that no one seems to be outside in the videos. If anyone were coming or going to their car or outside in that area they would’ve had a very good view of the gunman.

That's a good thought! He's definitely trying to send a message to someone. I wonder if some of the people in the building that LE talked to might know something but are too afraid to say anything.
Totally agree. That is meant as a message to someone. Maybe an ex-gf, or new bf of ex-gf or a witness. But it seems "targeted" to me. Very very dangerous. This guy has zero regard for human life. He could have easily killed lots of people. From the way he walks/runs, I would guess he is upper teens, early 20s. That is a pretty nice Jeep. I'd think someone will recognize him and/or that Jeep pretty quickly.

From the link above: One of the residents drove by the vehicle as she left and said there was a woman in the driver's seat.

This isn't one person shooting, it's 2 or 3 people trying to kill someone, anyone. The random aim and spraying of bullets seems to indicate the shooter doesn't have a specific target, just anyone in the apartment complex. JMO.

Wonder if this is a hate crime? Drug deal gone bad? Target as a witness to a crime sounds like a good guess, too.

Last edited:
I feel awful for the people who must be terrorized, including the woman who had to pay for a hotel room. This is infuriating that someone would feel comfortable just doing this at all, let alone in the light of day. It looked eerily reminiscent of footage of young men in war-torn countries. Not what you'd expect here, especially in that setting. I hope they catch him soon!

From the link above: One of the residents drove by the vehicle as she left and said there was a woman in the driver's seat.

This isn't one person shooting, it's 2 or 3 people trying to kill someone, anyone. The random aim and spraying of bullets seems to indicate the shooter doesn't have a specific target, just anyone in the apartment complex. JMO.

Wonder if this is a hate crime? Drug deal gone bad? Target as a witness to a crime sounds like a good guess, too.
Maybe gang related. Sending a message to someone.

As I watched those videos again, full screen, it appears to me that he seems to be targeting one particular apartment.

That's what it looked like to me too, at least that general section. If he just wanted to shoot randomly, why get out of the Jeep and walk that distance to that particular area...he could actually have just stayed in the Jeep and shot randomly out the window. Plus it looks like the drive is like a turn-around almost like a cul-de-sac, so not easy to get in and out of.

That's what it looked like to me too, at least that general section. If he just wanted to shoot randomly, why get out of the Jeep and walk that distance to that particular area...he could actually have just stayed in the Jeep and shot randomly out the window. Plus it looks like the drive is like a turn-around almost like a cul-de-sac, so not easy to get in and out of.
Exactly. He could have just sprayed the building as they drove by. But they don't do that. The driver parks where he/she wont get blocked in, and the shooter gets out and walks to the apartment. Its meant to be intimidating. They know what they are doing. I think its gang related.

I think the Jeep would’ve parked here?

Google Maps

Mechanicsville Apartments:

Mechanicsville Apartments
505 Fulton St SW, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
+1 404-577-2833
Google Maps

Now that I'm looking at it from the Google view, maybe it's not so hard to get in and out of. I couldn't help but notice the Security vehicle in the Google shot :D

I think the Jeep would’ve parked here?

Google Maps

Mechanicsville Apartments:

Mechanicsville Apartments
505 Fulton St SW, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
+1 404-577-2833
Google Maps

Yes, that looks like it. I was trying to figure out the spot, its a pretty big complex. Near downtown ATL.

Very close to 2 major interstate highways, quick in/out, then disappear. Seems like an ideal location to do some kind of big crime.

Has anyone else found other news stories about this? I haven't. I wonder if LE are taking this seriously? Hopefully, they're hiding out in the area, watching things. Hope they've identified the vehicle by now.

Yes, that looks like it. I was trying to figure out the spot, its a pretty big complex. Near downtown ATL.

Very close to 2 major interstate highways, quick in/out, then disappear. Seems like an ideal location to do some kind of big crime.

Has anyone else found other news stories about this? I haven't. I wonder if LE are taking this seriously? Hopefully, they're hiding out in the area, watching things. Hope they've identified the vehicle by now.
I first read about it here:

Law & Crime

Cops said a resident told them that she was at home watching TV when a bullet pierced her window, went through her bedroom door, and hit her bathroom wall.

Mystery Man on Video Shot Up Georgia Apartment Complex Two Days in Row Using Semi-Automatic Rifle, Cops Say

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back