UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that link. It makes more sense of the earlier report re the two visits.
As I read it now .....it sounds like he went to the ground floor door, found it open, went to the first floor flat door, also found that open...
didn’t go inside the flat at that point but, realising he didn’t need the knife, he went back outside and threw it into the water.

Then returned and went inside the flat...so two visits but he didn’t see Alesha until the second time

But the why did he realise he didn't need the knife part, is what I can't understand. Would he be so composed to go in, see Alesha, think to dispose the knife as it's in the way, go back and abduct her.

Last edited:
He makes me depressed. I wonder if there will ever be a cure for psychopathy in the future? As medicine/science advances I'd imagine there will be. Maybe not in my lifetime but I think it might happen eventually when they learn more about the brain.
Whomever solves it will win the Nobel Peace Prize. IMO it will never happen. Sadly. How do we ever differentiate between those who kill and those who don't. Nature/Nurture etc. etc...….

It really was! I know, I think we all have. It's really engrossed us. It's crazy how we can all get wrapped up in something that isn't even personal to us. But I guess that's why we're all here because we have an interest in true crime. I agree, truly sad. Thank you!
Can't believe how weird that must have been after all we've all read about him!

Hi there

I have never sleuthed before.. but have lurked on all 5/6 threads ( I have lost count) since the beginning of this crime, trial and sentencing. I remember my first thought hearing that there was a missing child, and ever since can remeber every feeling at every point.

The news of AC admitting his guilt today made me feel somewhat depressed. I knew the evidence was overwhelming but hoped deep down that a 16 year old who presented as wholly normal throughout all the YouTube videos I seen of him wasn’t capable of this callous and calculating crime.

I am a social worker (children and families) and have been borderline obsessed with wanting to understand AC throughout this whole ordeal. Typically in practice, when children omit deviant behaviours the first point of call is that we think that these are children who are simply products of their environment. I almost wish AC had faced a heinous childhood which I have seen other children face, I suppose to almost allow me to blame it on something; But that’s not the case here.

When the news broke today that he confessed my sister text me saying ‘just seen the news, glad you will be able to sleep better at night knowing the truth’ this broke my heart as with this, even though this will be a case that forever resonates with me.. i will go back to day to day life. That isn’t the case for Aleshas poor family. I have seen on news articles recently how Aleshas mum Genie has been left devastated and my utmost sympathy goes out to her; however I was saddened by the lack of empathy shown towards Aleshas father Rab in the media. I can only imagine the amount of what if thoughts that will never leave him and hope one day he will find peace that blame lies solely with AC.

RIP Alesha. Too good and innocent for this world X

<modsnipped- sleuthing family social media is not allowed> I hope immense support is in place for the MacPhails and The Lochranes not just in the next week but for years to come as and when they need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there

I have never sleuthed before.. but have lurked on all 5/6 threads ( I have lost count) since the beginning of this crime, trial and sentencing. I remember my first thought hearing that there was a missing child, and ever since can remeber every feeling at every point.

The news of AC admitting his guilt today made me feel somewhat depressed. I knew the evidence was overwhelming but hoped deep down that a 16 year old who presented as wholly normal throughout all the YouTube videos I seen of him wasn’t capable of this callous and calculating crime.

I am a social worker (children and families) and have been borderline obsessed with wanting to understand AC throughout this whole ordeal. Typically in practice, when children omit deviant behaviours the first point of call is that we think that these are children who are simply products of their environment. I almost wish AC had faced a heinous childhood which I have seen other children face, I suppose to almost allow me to blame it on something; But that’s not the case here.

When the news broke today that he confessed my sister text me saying ‘just seen the news, glad you will be able to sleep better at night knowing the truth’ this broke my heart as with this, even though this will be a case that forever resonates with me.. i will go back to day to day life. That isn’t the case for Aleshas poor family. I have seen on news articles recently how Aleshas mum Genie has been left devastated and my utmost sympathy goes out to her; however I was saddened by the lack of empathy shown towards Aleshas father Rab in the media. I can only imagine the amount of what if thoughts that will never leave him and hope one day he will find peace that blame lies solely with AC.

RIP Alesha. Too good and innocent for this world X
Agree am a teacher and keep thinking of my own children and those I work with and their similarities with him and worrying about links. But also feel sure this young man is a unique case and hope that is true. Everything is surprising in this case, day after day!

Which is why in cases like these we must embrace the good in the world. Embrace a small moment. Take in nature. When it get's too much for me I pay it forward or grab one of my grand dogs and head out to the lake. It creates a balance for me. That there is still something right in this world. It's all we can do. IMO

I actually posted here guessing that he told Alesha he was a friend of her dads and she had to go with him. Horrified that I’m right. I’m surprised she wasn’t scared and willingly went despite all parents telling their children to never talk to strangers. Was it because he was so young? But then again doesn’t everyone older look like an adult to a child? How did he still leave no trace in Alisha’s house and no trace of Alesha in his own house? Just so many questions I still have. I’m horrified at the smirking at Georgina. He loved every second of brutalising that child. I think more will come out at a later date of the more horrific details but I think we all need a deep breath first.

But the why did he realise he didn't need the knife part, is what I can't understand. Would he be so composed to go in, see Alesha, think to dispose the knife as it's in the way, go back and abduct her.

My thought, and it's just that, as I guess we will never know his exact intentions...

I think he knew the inside of the flat from making a prior visit or visits although I dont believe Alesha's family were aware of this.
I also believe he went there for Alesha, not for drugs.
On that basis, once he knew the doors were unlocked and could hear that all was quiet in the flat ( everyone asleep ) he knew he only had to go to the first room to find Alesha - and to take her, he had no need of a knife.

What are the chances that Aaron is sitting in Polmont right now playing his Xbox with not a care in the world, feeling quite smug at the attention he's received today? Not that I want to bring the mood of everyone down but that scenario has popped into my head and kind of annoyed me.

<modsnipped>

I actually posted here guessing that he told Alesha he was a friend of her dads and she had to go with him. Horrified that I’m right. I’m surprised she wasn’t scared and willingly went despite all parents telling their children to never talk to strangers. Was it because he was so young? But then again doesn’t everyone older look like an adult to a child? How did he still leave no trace in Alisha’s house and no trace of Alesha in his own house? Just so many questions I still have. I’m horrified at the smirking at Georgina. He loved every second of brutalising that child. I think more will come out at a later date of the more horrific details but I think we all need a deep breath first.

I thought so too. He said it to her after they were out the house, once she was roused. I originally thought he would have said it inside to coerce her out.

I'll always have questions about this case and the island, to be frank. I hope for my own sanity I can stop thinking about it. One thing I take from this site is that you are such pleasant people to interact with. There's never any arguments and you are all lovely people. It's not like you get shot down or patronised for having a different opinion like every other forum or social media platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the chances that Aaron is sitting in Polmont right now playing his Xbox with not a care in the world, feeling quite smug at the attention he's received today? Not that I want to bring the mood of everyone down but that scenario has popped into my head and kind of annoyed me.

Yeah, probably went back, Turned his xbox on, had some food and not give it a second thought. Vile

As I understood it, Alesha was drowsy, half asleep - so it wasnt that she went willingly, he took her out before she had a chance to wake up and react.

As for no trace - think of the Becky Watts case, where no trace of Becky was ever found in the bathroom, despite what happened to her there.

Lets hope the reality of being stuck in a small space with no privacy for the rest of his (hopefully) short life, is starting to sink in. h
He smiled at her mother, I just cannot... id want to rip his throat out with my bare hands ,

Yeah, probably went back, Turned his xbox on, had some food and not give it a second thought. Vile

Will he go back to the same cell or will he move to a different area of the prison, now that he is sentenced ?
Not that I expect it will make much difference, as you say, probably back on the Xbox wherever he is.

Will he go back to the same cell or will he move to a different area of the prison, now that he is sentenced ?
Not that I expect it will make much difference, as you say, probably back on the Xbox wherever he is.

I found this , I’m not sure if it’s different coz he’s in a young offenders and not an adults prison but it’s basically the difference between convicted vs remand

Attachments

• A784A5E6-4C62-4FCC-A97F-A258EFEC0359.jpeg
    A784A5E6-4C62-4FCC-A97F-A258EFEC0359.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 33

I'm not sure. He'll still be segregated obviously, so I don't know how much space they have for segregation and if they'll move him.
True. How irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member