Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not have expected media to know post mortem results. I have never seen it happen so quickly to finish a forensicly intense post mortem ( my assumption.)

Even this surprised me -
BBM

Body in Humber confirmed as Libby Squire

Seems quick to determine manner of death and publish it but JMO

We are all assuming cause of death will be hard to determine - but it might be obvious.

Just a thought.

It's miles from anywhere - as strange and isolated as looking at a map would suggested.

I'm not suggesting it as a disposal site or anything along those lines though. Vehicular access is limited and controlled. There was significant damage to the road due to a storm and it is now essentially an island and frequently cut off by the tide.

A lot has focussed on the Astra, but maybe potential human traffickers were escaping by boat?

Sorry to ask on here but is there a way of searching for videos and photos that link to a certain thread ...thanks

Very sad tonight, but at the same time relieved Libby's family have some prospect of closure now.

Just a couple of thoughts:

- Strikes me as plausible that Libby could have entered the water accidentally. As other posters have pointed out, an inebriated/disorientated girl couldn't have outrun a determined assailant, but she could have scrambled up the bank in a panic if he'd tried out his flashing on her, then slipped into the river.

- On the other hand I have a niggling doubt about the timescale and assumed guilt of PR. Libby vanished 7 weeks ago. Hull along with other parts of the UK has been experiencing an unusual spring heatwave (=warmer water). (UK basks in warmest February day on record) How likely is it that she would have been identified so quickly (it was clear from local comments on Wednesday, as well as media leaks and swift transfer of responsibility to the Hull coroner, that LE knew they had found Libby) if her body had been in the water all that time?

It will be interesting to see what the post mortem reveals. Could Libby's body may have entered the water more recently, *after* PR's arrest?
IMO entering the water later could only suggest an accomplice because I'd be surprised if LE didn't have a good idea of what they were doing when they arrested PR. Mistakes happen and only a court can decide but huge errors like that are hopefully rare. Plus they will have a lot more than we've seen.

I'd find it difficult to see how Libby could have entered water accidently from the point where the police were searching and what I've heard about the tides around the time she went missing. A non tidal river with a towpath and well kept grass yes. Easy to run towards. This area looked very overgrown and banked. Libby was drunk. It was snowy. It'd be difficult for a sober, thinking person.

The Independent is a proper newspaper not known for the dishonesty and sensationalism that plague most of our dodgy press. I'm very surprised they've said that

The Independent used to be a decent newspaper, however since it went online-only in 2016 it has become increasingly sensationalist and clickbaity. I'd take anything in The Independent with a pinch of salt personally, and would definitely want to see it verified by other MSM.

IMO entering the water later could only suggest an accomplice because I'd be surprised if LE didn't have a good idea of what they were doing when they arrested PR. Mistakes happen and only a court can decide but huge errors like that are hopefully rare. Plus they will have a lot more than we've seen.

I'd find it difficult to see how Libby could have entered water accidently from the point where the police were searching and what I've heard about the tides around the time she went missing. A non tidal river with a towpath and well kept grass yes. Easy to run towards. This area looked very overgrown and banked. Libby was drunk. It was snowy. It'd be difficult for a sober, thinking person.

An accomplice to PR would surely not dump the body in a place where it is likely to be found eventually like the river, he would surely bury her body in a shallow grave out in the country or hide her body in an out house or lock up where it might take years to find

I don’t believe that PR had an accomplice, if he did the accomplice is not very smart

I'm looking for the video that showed the area from the park to the river by the buildings that were searched ...I thought I remembered a bank up to the river from the park that was quite short and well used ?

Imo the only 2 realistic options based on the little we know at the moment both involve entering the river from the park area somewhere. Either someone got her in or she ran

The drains could have carried her out too.

I'm shocked she got as far out as that, much further and would have been long gone, and answers much harder to find.
Rip Libby, lets hope for the best worst case scenario for her.
(and justice)

That's why I don't think she entered the water in or near the park.

Too much chance of her getting snagged on debris or washing up along the river bank, it's a very bendy river. If she had entered the river at the park I feel she would have been found much sooner.

I think she entered the water much nearer the estuary.

The drains could have carried her out too.

I'm shocked she got as far out as that, much further and would have been long gone, and answers much harder to find.
Rip Libby, lets hope for the best worst case scenario for her.
(and justice)

The Beverley & Barmston Drain does join the River Hull, but there is a sluice at this point. See first image:

Beverley and Barmston Drain - Wikipedia

It's not strong enough to carry a body any meaningful distance. It's also very shallow - I fell in as a kid and walked out.

That's why I don't think she entered the water in or near the park.

Too much chance of her getting snagged on debris or washing up along the river bank, it's a very bendy river. If she had entered the river at the park I feel she would have been found much sooner.

I think she entered the water much nearer the estuary.

Are there any likely spots in mind ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member