Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

May I suggest reading this in order to understand why it was a bad idea Jake Patterson's letter, phone interview 'pierce Jayme's soul' as he molds narrative
From the article:

Marc Klaas has one word for what it felt like to listen to the man who killed his daughter: Excruciating.

[...]

"Anything he says has to pierce Jayme’s soul and pierce her heart," Klaas said. "When he says things like that, what is this little girl supposed to do?"

[...]

It's unclear to what extent Jayme and her family are monitoring media coverage of Patterson's case. But for Jayme, reminders of him would be a significant trigger in the early stage of trauma recovery, said Dimitri Topitzes, co-founder of the Institute for Child and Family Well-Being at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

This coverage could hurt her family, too, Topitzes said.

"When something like this happens to a loved one, it certainly represents a potential trauma for us," he said.

Jayme may be able to confront this down the line, Topitzes said, but she should avoid it for now.

[...]

Klaas doesn't believe Patterson should be allowed a platform, calling him "one of the biggest monsters out there." But Jayme and her family can take some solace knowing what he says could incriminate him further, he said.

Still, that doesn't make it any easier.

"It hurts your soul," Klaas said. "It gets to the core of being. It upsets everything that you ever believed."

I am not saying anything about it being acceptable.

I am saying he is in jail, not prison, He has not been convicted yet so he has plenty of rights.

I do wonder if there is not interest in what he has to say. Otherwise, no one would be looking on here as nothing is happening.

I think it’s important to track what’s going on pre-trial. I have believed that his family (and legal team) are working the media to rally support for JP’s defense. Intent cannot be proven but actions cannot be overlooked.

I think it’s important to track what’s going on pre-trial. I have believed that his family (and legal team) are working the media to rally support for JP’s defense. Intent cannot be proven but actions cannot be overlooked.

One note on that is that unless JP is lying he has stated he intends to plead guilty next week and that he actually wanted to plead at the last hearing. In that case, there is no trial and no defense. Just sentencing and a presentence investigation, etc.

There is no strategy or defense at trial unless it is a ploy and he has no intention of pleading guilty because there will be no trial.

I guess we will find out next week if true or false... If he does plead guilty there can have been no intent for a rally for defense because again, no defense needed at trial. No trial.

No expert just saying... Yet only next week will tell if he is going to plead guilty to see if true or not...

This is probably the best time and place to say this. I do realize that all of you are amateur sleuths who will never come in contact with or meet a “monster” as some of you have called Patterson. In your mind you may see him as a dangerous animal that you cannot turn your back on.

It has been my experience that a defendant who has committed the most violent crime is, while in custody, is usually very pleasant who can be articulate and cooperative. On the other hand the people who have committed “ non violent” crimes are sometimes that most dangerous people while in custody and are usually (insert profane word).

I’ll never meet Patterson but I know what he has done. All of it. I’d bet you that he is one of the easiest guys to interview and the police had no trouble with him.

I am not saying anything about it being acceptable.

I am saying he is in jail, not prison, He has not been convicted yet so he has plenty of rights.

I do wonder if there is not interest in what he has to say. Otherwise, no one would be looking on here as nothing is happening.
I'm definitely not checking in on this thread to hear what the little psycho JP has to say about anything. His words mean nothing to me. There is no way to make sense of why he did what he did or why he says what he says now. IMO

I come to check and see the status of this case. I'll be more than content when he is locked away by himself for the remainder of his days. Let the criminal behavior experts study him then. He doesn't deserve one more minute of 'fame or notoriety' for the inhumane acts he perpetrated against this innocent family!

JMO

Well deserved recognition for this woman. She handled the situation with extreme care and concern for all involved and is quite the inspiration IMO.

Like X 1000!

I'm definitely not checking in on this thread to hear what the little psycho JP has to say about anything. His words mean nothing to me. There is no way to make sense of why he did what he did or why he says what he says now. IMO

I come to check and see the status of this case. I'll be more than content when he is locked away by himself for the remainder of his days. Let the criminal behavior experts study him then. He doesn't deserve one more minute of 'fame or notoriety' for the inhumane acts he perpetrated against this innocent family!

JMO

Like X 1000!

JMO IMHO All well stated :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member