Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bird told me that it is impossible to scream if you are drowning. If the gasp reflex has been activated your body is already in the process of prioritising oxygen conservation it would not allow you to scream as it views breathing to be far more important.
I fell in a river and nearly drowned when I was a child. That was my experience, couldn't scream, I didn't know that's why though.

A little bird told me that it is impossible to scream if you are drowning. If the gasp reflex has been activated your body is already in the process of prioritising oxygen conservation it would not allow you to scream as it views breathing to be far more important.

I thought the same, and if anything people hold there breathe, asking for help is impossible let alone 15 mins of screaming intermittently , also splashing thrashing is rarely seen,

I've jumped into a cold outdoor swimming pool before, the shock completely takes your breathe and so drains your energy. In that case you couldn't whisper let alone scream and your energy is used trying to breathe/get to air. I realise it may not have been the same if the air was possibly colder than the water but if drowning you wouldn't scream.

I'll bet that plenty of abductions look totally benign, and are done by deception or coercion rather than physical force.

Being a child, it's not the same, but nobody who has seen the James Bulger abduction images will forget them.

Totally agree. We are all seeing different things in the vid, it’s such a shame we may never know the circumstances.

I’m very intrigued to the ‘psychology’ of the conversation that was done upon meeting and prior to getting in the car.

Heard various bits of chat from people that know other people, how true they are, I’m not sure.

Hoping the post mortem sheds lights on the timeline of those few hours.

I fell in a river and nearly drowned when I was a child. That was my experience, couldn't scream, I didn't know that's why though.
My sole close encounter with death was also a near-drowning. What I remember clearly about it is that I was trying so hard to stay above the water that I didn't have any breath left to cry for help or make any sound. When I eventually managed to scramble to safety, it took more than half an hour for my breathing to return to normal. Drowning people do not scream.

Instinctive drowning response is subtle silent and quick it's an involuntary response and in children can look like doggy paddle, most people expect screams for help thrashing etc but this is aquatic distress, I've heard it said in emergencies such as major RTA help the quiet ones first, suppose it's the same thing. Anyway for anyone curious
In brief, the 8 silent signs of drowning are these:

1. They can’t call for help.
  2. They can’t wave for help.
  3. They remain upright in the water.
  4. Their eyes are glassy.
  5. They face may be hard to see.
  6. The head is low in the water.
  7. They are quiet.
  8. They don’t seem in distress.

Awful news, but at least there is some closure, and hopefully the police will find out what happened.

My thoughts are that it’s incredibly lucky that they found her in the Humber, as it’s huge in that area. Thinking about the Sala plane crash, and how long it took to find the wreckage even though they knew a rough area and were actively looking there.

I’m no expert, but I’d be hugely surprised if she could have been carried all the way from the river at Oak Road. It’s narrow, long, windy and muddy, and its not exactly the fastest flowing river- it doesn’t seem right to me.

Last edited:
Thank you re drowning comments, helps my understanding and something I feel I can rule out now.

I think what bothers me most is how someone goes from a pervy knicker snatcher to a murderer. I am really struggling with this because if he has then is there something he has done in-between? Wish I knew a profiler to ask because I'm sure it can happen.
Pervy knicker snatcher suggests someone grabbing stuff from a washing line. PR is actually charged with going into a home where young women live and spending time looking for underwear, sex toys and pictures. IMO that suggests prior knowledge of the occupants and when they were around.

He also spends a lot of time offending public decency. And acts of voyeurism.

He's been charged with 12 offences and a third of those were in the weeks leading up to Libby's disappearance.

He is also pleading not guilty to charges which I'd guess CPS would require sufficient evidence to proceed with and which we've heard involve CCTV and many witnesses. Why? Possibly to embarrass victims?

He seems far more sinister to me. These don't sound like petty crimes to me

Do we know for sure PR (and his wife) work in Karro in Malton? That’s the head office but there is a Karro in Hull I am wondering if the company is correct but the location is wrong.

I think stealing sex toys, voyeurism, stalking & flashing are very obvious pre curser type behaviours to sexual assault and murder ! Especially to the extent & confidence in which he was carrying his deeds out.

You just need to read about Joseph James DeAngelo to draw a few comparisons as to the progression of these crimes.
Esp because these are the only ones we actually know about... 12 charges, in this particular city, since 2017. There's still a huge part of his (potential) criminal behaviour pattern missing

Do we know for sure PR (and his wife) work in Karro in Malton? That’s the head office but there is a Karro in Hull I am wondering if the company is correct but the location is wrong.

According to the Karro website, they have the office and a meat processing plant in Malton:

"Our head office is based in Malton, North Yorkshire and employs around 1,100 employees. Malton slaughters, butchers, cures, processes and packs and offers a range of products from fresh cuts of pork to cured gammons."

Contact | Karro Food Group UK

Not a local, but possibly the Karro in Hull would be more of a distribution centre outlet rather than a factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500